We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iMeet Fred" Discussion

mitsukigirl13

[61]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 18
    I have it recording so i'll watch it and comment on it later. To tell u the truth, I had never heard of fred before they advertised it on iCarly. But I've watched his vids the last few days, and they are freakin hilarious! But how did they get a kid from youtube to appear on iCarly?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

startug

[62]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 23
    mitsukigirl13 wrote:
    I have it recording so i'll watch it and comment on it later. To tell u the truth, I had never heard of fred before they advertised it on iCarly. But I've watched his vids the last few days, and they are freakin hilarious! But how did they get a kid from youtube to appear on iCarly?
    He is 14 years old, and he was seen in nickeledeon studios.

nicknameless101

[63]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 25
    Fred's high-pitched voice is so funny! It sounds just like the Chipmunks!

iCarly317

[64]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 13
    haha I loved it. And its nice, yet weird at the same time, to hear Fred's actual voice. Poor Freddie...lol.

SarcasticLeaves

[65]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 6
    seddievscreddie wrote:
    i actually liked the episode. i wouldn't say it's the best episode, but it's good. way better than last week's episode.

Thank You I mean, personally I loved this episode. But yes.. last weeks was just too lacking and rather.. well lets just say I didn't care for it. Considering the buildup and all, they had so much to work with and really didn't use it to it's full potential.

foobacoligist

[67]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 10

tvfan95 wrote:
    This episode was f***ing horrible. Worst episode of any show EVER.

alrighty then... how about we take a pill and calmly explain why you didn't like it?

kikimarie593

[69]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 27

I would have loved this episode if it wasn't for the thing with Spence and the magic meatball. That meatball got really annoying. Seriously, I don't want to see Spencer drink ketchup out of the bottle, I'd rather see him build some kind of crazy sculpture. But the Fred parts were funny.

iCarly317

[70]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 13
    At least we finally know why Spencer had the Ostrich...

NegiSpongie

[71]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 20
    I actually didn't like the episode. I thought it was better than the last new episode, but I'm with Freddie on this. I don't think Fred is funny.

leeseygirl

[72]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 46
    haha. I like it =)! Especially the ending when they all had the squeaky voices like Fred. This was a great episode!! =D

foobacoligist

[75]Feb 17, 2009
    tvfan95 wrote:
    foobacoligist wrote:

tvfan95 wrote:

alrighty then... how about we take a pill and calmly explain why you didn't like it?

1. It wasn't funny. 2. Everyone got mad just because Freddie expressed his opinion. 3. The meatball plot was retarded. 4. Everyone said Fred's videos were funny, when in reality they are just a 14-year-old acting homo with a sped up voice. 5. There was constant abuse on Freddie, none of which was funny. 6. The blonde b!tch was a total dick to Freddie. 7. The new Fred video at the end was absolutly brutal and seemed more like a way of making fun of Fred than entertainement. 8. The beginning with the horse faces was stupid. 9. And most importantly, it was just a way to help this no talent hack Fred gain even more fame and fortune. Disagree with me if you want, but I GUARENTEE you if Fred didn't sped up his voice you all wouldn't like him.

1. ok, you're opinion

2. haha, my number 1 contradicted your number 2!

3. somebody has meat issues!

4. wow... about that pill?

5.have you seen ipie?

6. yaa..... do you EVER even watch this show? that's a plot point!

7. maybe it is- it's called a parody! and didn't you just say how much you hated fred?

8. again- do you ever watch this show?! icarly.com antics are supposed to be stupid!

9. wow... I humbly thank you for that valuable lesson on marketing. thank you, master

SarcasticLeaves

[76]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 6
    tvfan95 wrote:
    foobacoligist wrote:

tvfan95 wrote:

1. It wasn't funny. 2. Everyone got mad just because Freddie expressed his opinion. 3. The meatball plot was retarded. 4. Everyone said Fred's videos were funny, when in reality they are just a 14-year-old acting homo with a sped up voice. 5. There was constant abuse on Freddie, none of which was funny. 6. The blonde b!tch was a total dick to Freddie. 7. The new Fred video at the end was absolutly brutal and seemed more like a way of making fun of Fred than entertainement. 8. The beginning with the horse faces was stupid. 9. And most importantly, it was just a way to help this no talent hack Fred gain even more fame and fortune. Disagree with me if you want, but I GUARENTEE you if Fred didn't sped up his voice you all wouldn't like him.

I would like to comment on reason number 2 you gave.. My biggest laugh with that is because it is so true. I don't know how many times I've simply expressed my opinion towards something and people got on the defensive side. I can't count how many people were simply shocked by the fact that I've never read or watched Harry Potter in general, nor that I have never been interested in doing so. I mean how many times has any of us simply expressed our opinion and got badgered for it? *raises hand* I mean really Freddie's situation, I think we can totally relate to it someway or another.

As for Fred in general, I thought he fit. But my thing with Fred is, it's on the fence, we have people who love Fred.. who hate Fred.. and then you have people like me. Personally, I think he's talented.. is he the funniest person I've ever seen in my life? No. But he's talented nevertheless. Did I like his role in the show? Yes.

Now you have every reason to hate this episode, and I completely respect that. I'm just defending it simply because I think people are being a little too hard on it. Especially considering last weeks episode..

Edited on 02/17/2009 2:58pm

dylan-luver

[77]Feb 17, 2009
    SarcasticLeaves wrote:
    tvfan95 wrote:
    foobacoligist wrote:

tvfan95 wrote:

1. It wasn't funny.

2. Everyone got mad just because Freddie expressed his opinion.

3. The meatball plot was retarded.

4. Everyone said Fred's videos were funny, when in reality they are just a 14-year-old acting homo with a sped up voice.

5. There was constant abuse on Freddie, none of which was funny.

6. The blonde b!tch was a total dick to Freddie.

7. The new Fred video at the end was absolutly brutal and seemed more like a way of making fun of Fred than entertainement.

8. The beginning with the horse faces was stupid.

9. And most importantly, it was just a way to help this no talent hack Fred gain even more fame and fortune.

Disagree with me if you want, but I GUARENTEE you if Fred didn't sped up his voice you all wouldn't like him.

I would like to comment on reason number 2 you gave.. My biggest laugh with that is because it is so true. I don't know how many times I've simply expressed my opinion towards something and people got on the defensive side. I can't count how many people were simply shocked by the fact that I've never read or watched Harry Potter in general, nor that I have ever been interested in doing so. I mean how many times has any of us simply expressed our opinion and got badgered for it? *raises hand* I mean really Freddie's situation, I think we can totally relate to it someway or another.

As for Fred in general, I thought he fit. But my thing with Fred is, it's on the fence, we have people who love Fred.. who hate Fred.. and then you have people like me. Personally, I think he's talented.. is he the funniest person I've ever seen in my life? No. But he's talented nevertheless. Did I like his role in the show? Yes.

Now you have every reason to hate this episode, and I completely respect that. I'm just defending it simply because I think people are being a little too hard on it. Especially considering last weeks episode..

but to me last week's episode had ALITTLE more laughs... but just a little. i thought the part with the ostrich could of been approached a little better.... which episode was it when Sam taught Spencer how to lie??

leeseygirl

[78]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 46
    tvfan95 wrote:
    leeseygirl wrote:
    haha. I like it =)! Especially the ending when they all had the squeaky voices like Fred. This was a great episode!! =D
    No. That was stupid.

Well, everyone has different opinions...

HottieSimz23

[79]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 3
    Yeah I thought this episode was pretty funny, especially the Fred video at the end. I felt bad for Freddie, though. That last Fred video at the end was really random, but it was funny!