We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iLook Alike" Discussion

Silverdollar46

[41]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 4

You know I think that tantrum that Carly threw was a response to being told "no" by Spencer. I mean, he's suppose to be the easy-going, silly, older brother and when he finally said "no" to Carly, she didn't know how to take it.

You guys are right. Most television shows out today have the kids showing no respect for authority figures, but I guess the humor of it allows us to tolerate it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iCarly317

[42]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 13
    Comment from Dan on his Twitter account: "Saturday's episode of 'iLook Alike' was iCarly's highest rated episode EVER. And iCarly.com got its highest traffic ever. THANKS iCarly fans!"

That's pretty cool to hear.

MoonMarvel

[43]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 5

iCarly317 wrote:
    Comment from Dan on his Twitter account: "Saturday's episode of 'iLook Alike' was iCarly's highest rated episode EVER. And iCarly.com got its highest traffic ever. THANKS iCarly fans!" That's pretty cool to hear.
    In fact it was the most watched cable show last week period.

1 ICARLY NICK Sat 08:00P-08:30P 6,299

2 BURN NOTICE USA Thu 10:00P-11:02P 6,090

3 WWE ENTERTAINMENT USA Mon 10:00P-11:10P 5,765

4 WWE ENTERTAINMENT USA Mon 09:00P-10:00P 5,257

5 NCIS USA Mon 07:00P-08:00P 4,677

6 NCIS USA Mon 08:00P-09:00P 4,502

7 TRUE JACKSON, VP NICK Sat 08:30P-09:00P 4,405

8 NCIS USA Tue 07:00P-08:00P 4,276

9 HANNAH MONTANA DSNY Sun 07:30P-08:00P 4,249

10 ICARLY NICK Sun 11:00A-11:30A 4,061

Edited on 03/12/2009 1:19am

iskabibble07

[44]Mar 13, 2009
    jaden1880 wrote:
    Hi all, First time posting, but after watching this episode with my niece I felt that I had to say something. Since I'm not a long time iCarly watcher I'm not sure how this show is normally, but sitting there watching it with my young niece (8 years old and iCarly is her favorite show) I couldn't help but notice the huge lack of respect to adult figures there are in this show. Yes, I know, these days most childrens live television entails stupid parents and children that outwit them, and get away with everything, but this show seemed a bit more dasterdly. For instance, Carly and her friends sneak out of the house to see a "mixed martial arts" fight, after being told not too, when they are caught Carly's brother gets thown across the room into a serving table, a move that could have easily broken his spine or any number of other perminant life altering injurys. And, what does his loving sister do, she goes home continues her web show, and PARTY'S WITH THE PERPETRATOR of her brothers injurys, leaving her brother, downstairs unconscious on the couch. This coupled with the tantrum she throws earlier in the episode, show that she has absolutely no respect for Spencer what-so-ever, if, in fact she cares for him at all, she didn't seem all that broken up to see him thrown across the room and possibly crippled or worse, she just stands in place with a funny look on her face. This doesn't include the disrespect shown to Freddy's mother when she goes to his school to drop off his "ointment", and is slammed in the head by some punk for "giving birth to him". This show really doesnt seem to be putting out a very strong family message for a kids show. Well, Sorry for the long winded blathering, just my 2 cents, thanks for reading, Steve
    The lack of authority thing is not that big of a worry. The show is an alternate universe for viewers where you can disrespect authority and not die. So it vents that desire for the audiance. I was alarmed at the attack on Spencer since he is a favorite of lots of us on here. But it was really surprising that Carly really didn't seem to care or look to take up for her brother. I thought a cute twist would have been for Carly to get mad and throw the wrestler across the room and then run to Spencer to make sure he was ok. Carly and Spencer have always had a supportive and loving relationship which is importnat to the show. I think it is a mistake to damage that. My 2 cents.

dylan-luver

[45]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 10
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    jaden1880 wrote:
    Hi all, First time posting, but after watching this episode with my niece I felt that I had to say something. Since I'm not a long time iCarly watcher I'm not sure how this show is normally, but sitting there watching it with my young niece (8 years old and iCarly is her favorite show) I couldn't help but notice the huge lack of respect to adult figures there are in this show. Yes, I know, these days most childrens live television entails stupid parents and children that outwit them, and get away with everything, but this show seemed a bit more dasterdly. For instance, Carly and her friends sneak out of the house to see a "mixed martial arts" fight, after being told not too, when they are caught Carly's brother gets thown across the room into a serving table, a move that could have easily broken his spine or any number of other perminant life altering injurys. And, what does his loving sister do, she goes home continues her web show, and PARTY'S WITH THE PERPETRATOR of her brothers injurys, leaving her brother, downstairs unconscious on the couch. This coupled with the tantrum she throws earlier in the episode, show that she has absolutely no respect for Spencer what-so-ever, if, in fact she cares for him at all, she didn't seem all that broken up to see him thrown across the room and possibly crippled or worse, she just stands in place with a funny look on her face. This doesn't include the disrespect shown to Freddy's mother when she goes to his school to drop off his "ointment", and is slammed in the head by some punk for "giving birth to him". This show really doesnt seem to be putting out a very strong family message for a kids show. Well, Sorry for the long winded blathering, just my 2 cents, thanks for reading, Steve
    The lack of authority thing is not that big of a worry. The show is an alternate universe for viewers where you can disrespect authority and not die. So it vents that desire for the audiance. I was alarmed at the attack on Spencer since he is a favorite of lots of us on here. But it was really surprising that Carly really didn't seem to care or look to take up for her brother. I thought a cute twist would have been for Carly to get mad and throw the wrestler across the room and then run to Spencer to make sure he was ok. Carly and Spencer have always had a supportive and loving relationship which is importnat to the show. I think it is a mistake to damage that. My 2 cents.

you have a good 2 cents i agree with you 100 percent.

SkyeNite

[46]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    ok then why don't i completely change the subject with a fun fact

if you type in www.aggressiveparenting.com it'll take you to the iCarly website

just though that was funny

kikimarie593

[47]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 27

SkyeNite wrote:
    ok then why don't i completely change the subject with a fun fact if you type in www.aggressiveparenting.com it'll take you to the iCarly website just though that was funny

That works with every website mentioned in the show and on a few other shows. I always type in the websites they mention and everytime it brings me to iCarly.com. Was agressiveparenting.com mentioned in the episode or something? I don't remember it.

SkyeNite

[48]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    kikimarie593 wrote:

SkyeNite wrote:
    ok then why don't i completely change the subject with a fun fact if you type in www.aggressiveparenting.com it'll take you to the iCarly website just though that was funny

That works with every website mentioned in the show and on a few other shows. I always type in the websites they mention and everytime it brings me to iCarly.com. Was agressiveparenting.com mentioned in the episode or something? I don't remember it.

yah when ever Sam asked Freddie's mom where she read that 'exposure to violence isn't good for a growing boy'

dylan-luver

[49]Mar 14, 2009
    nice picture you got there... its so true.

jaden1880

[50]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 1
    Now that the show's writers and others see that beating on Spencer=high ratings, it looks like Carlys relationship with her brother is gonna get worse and worse anyway. I'm sure that the producers of the show have even less regard for Spencers safety, and well being than even Carly seems too, when it comes to getting higher ratings. Oh well, maybe Carly will start acting like she cares about Spencer again if Grandpa comes to take her to live with him in "Uma" or wherever he lives again. Unfortunatly, that probobly won't occur until after "a very special look back episode of iCarly" for Spencer. Tisk Tisk. Oh well, I always liked Spencer alot, wonder if Socko will attend.

Steve

dylan-luver

[51]Mar 14, 2009
    jaden1880 wrote:
    Now that the show's writers and others see that beating on Spencer=high ratings, it looks like Carlys relationship with her brother is gonna get worse and worse anyway. I'm sure that the producers of the show have even less regard for Spencers safety, and well being than even Carly seems too, when it comes to getting higher ratings. Oh well, maybe Carly will start acting like she cares about Spencer again if Grandpa comes to take her to live with him in "Uma" or wherever he lives again. Unfortunatly, that probobly won't occur until after "a very special look back episode of iCarly" for Spencer. Tisk Tisk. Oh well, I always liked Spencer alot, wonder if Socko will attend.

Steve

her grandad lives in YAKIMA... just to clear that up.

Fireofnature

[52]Mar 14, 2009
    jaden1880 wrote:

Steve

Well you also have to keep in mind that he may be the adult, but he's also a sibling. Therefore they're going to have those bouts that siblings have. Carly does care for her brother, that's evident in other episodes.

But seriously, we can do nothing about your complaints. If you have problems, then email the writers. Hell, Dan's given us the email, so look at Danwarp@gmail.com, I'm pretty sure that's it. If you talk to him, he's BOUND to do something.

MarianePoli

[53]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 11
    I really ,iked seeing Carly acting like a spoiled kid, it shows that she is not perfect, like any other kid in the world, and she was beginning to sound to perfect on the show. Also, Carly and Spencer are brother and sister, of course they fight, that's what siblings do. xD

ambiedog

[54]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 2
    I didn't really care too much about this episode. I didn't like how she treated Spencer. Hopefully the upcoming episodes will be like season 1. I was reading iCarly reviews on here, some of them are not good at all. Just saying. I still love iCarly, that's just not the iCarly I like to watch.

dylan-luver

[55]Mar 15, 2009
    ambiedog wrote:
    I didn't really care too much about this episode. I didn't like how she treated Spencer. Hopefully the upcoming episodes will be like season 1. I was reading iCarly reviews on here, some of them are not good at all. Just saying. I still love iCarly, that's just not the iCarly I like to watch.

point well taken.

Puckett9

[56]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 4
    MarianePoli wrote:
    I really ,iked seeing Carly acting like a spoiled kid, it shows that she is not perfect, like any other kid in the world, and she was beginning to sound to perfect on the show. Also, Carly and Spencer are brother and sister, of course they fight, that's what siblings do. xD

I've been meaning to say something like that on here for days. I think the Carly/Spencer fight was actually one of the best parts of the episode. After all, little miss Carly prissy pants always gets everything she wants. Ok, just kidding about the pants thing, but seriously, a girl like Carly is always the "nice" one, so her demands are rarely out of line and thus, she always gets what she wants. This would be a great thing to explore in an episode, it really would be.

That's what makes iCarly so great, the awesome foundations of the four characters. I wish they would spend more time playing around with their dynamics, letting them be themselves instead of worrying so much about the episode plots.

As for the whole parenting thing, I don't think it's really a big deal. I mean look at Walter, the dad on Drake & Josh. His role basically consisted of perputually getting humiliated and undermined; if kids paid even a fraction of attention to that sort of thing, they'd be running wild in the streets with spatulas and pitchforks or something like that.

SuspendedSwish

[57]May 10, 2009
    • level: 2
    I agree that Carly's acting like a spoiled kid was great for the episode because it puts a sense of realism into it. Some shows really lack this, so they end up being unrealistic.

I thought it was great of them to actually activate Spencer's strict parenting for this episode. They also did this for "iDate a Bad Boy." I know it might be strange that Spencer's parenting became stricter all of a sudden, but I think it really makes the show even better. It shows that he's not a one hundred percent carefree person. Remember how Spencer showed a slight improvement in his parenting at the end of the "iMight Switch Schools" episode? It shows that he's capable of good parenting, but he just doesn't do it all the time.

On the other hand, we have Freddie's mom, who's way too strict and cautious. When Spencer was asked to help allow Freddie to go to the MMA place, you would expect him to help out because Spencer and Freddie's mother have entirely different parental preferences. Huge surprise when he says no... You wouldn't really think that would ever be something Spencer would say, would you?

ollibot284

[58]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 9

i was really surprised at spencers saying no to carly it seemed like a change in spencers character I thought he finally had it in him to deny carly something she wanted and carly just screamed like it's never happened before

i liked when sam was standing up for freddie when his mom said he couldn't go to the mma it was nice to see sam helping him

i couldn't believe that basketball player threw his basketball at freddie's mom and got away with it its one thing to hurt someone with a basketball but to hurt their mom is another

futuramarama

[59]Jan 10, 2010
    • level: 37
    It had a somewhat good plot, but like other "specials" shouldn't have been advertised so much. But it was decent, but the ending I disliked

ollibot284

[60]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 9
    this episode had the worst ending of any episode of icarly i didn't like how jackson colt got to be on icarly