We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iLook Alike" Discussion

JellyFishJammer

[21]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 29
    I thought it was a hilarious episode, I laughed a lot of times! Althout on the first bit it let you waiting when things where going to kick off, but then on the second half it felt a little rush. But still, it was good, and I lol'd at Freddie's recording "I love you Carly, love you, love you"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Erin91

[22]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 4
    i thought it was a great episode! loved the caveman thing when sam and freddie were carlys mom and dad and i loved carly's second tantrum when freddie and sam were arguing during the webcast. i also loved spencer getting so confused at the recordings. ahaha. he's hysterical.

big ups to you, dan schneider.

timshundo

[23]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 3
    I dunno. I didn't like this episode much. I laughed a couple of times, but other than that, it was pretty boring. It's that "scripted" feel I like about this show because when they let go of their spontaneity, crazy comebacks, and outlandish plots, all you have left are shows like... Hannah Montana. Ugh.

Come on Dan, give us more of that Schneider comedy that sets this show out from the rest.

timshundo

[24]Mar 7, 2009
    41225525557 wrote:
    30 minutes.... and I will have finished watching it in about 3 hours from now though because I'm watching a movie on paper-view tonight.... bu I can't wait.

"Paper"-View...?

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[25]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 5
    After re-watching last night's new episode, one thing that caught my attention was the seriousness of Spencer and how he was in telling Carly she could not go to the fight just like how Mrs. Benson said to Freddie that he wasn't allowed to go either. It was probably the first time we saw a different side of his character and I have to say it was good to see him being firm with her despite that at the end of this, Carly did sneak out and disobey her brother. The question now is do you think we'll see more of that seriousness in him down the line and will it be taken seriously by Carly. We know that at the very end of the episode, Spencer said she was grounded but then the episode ended without knowing what the ramifications were involving her. What do you guys think?
    Edited on 03/08/2009 4:54am

[26]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 8
    Very funny episode, and I LOVED Sam and Freddie in this episode, they were fighting but getting along, there was a lot of seddieness. And it was really funny. Although I think they should've still got in trouble... I loved how Sam's look-alike liked Freddie, that was cool

pandapersonx3

[27]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 2

I think we saw different sides for Carly and Spencer's characters in this episode.

Spencer-his authority figure step out and say Carly couldn't go the MMA fight.

Carly-Getting upset that Spence wouldn't let her go, Maybe because I am not that much of a fan of Carly or not, but she can be like that. In that one episode.. um I think it was iHave a lovestruck teacher or something, Carly also shows a little part of her 'sassy' side.

Well... I guess that is it.

Sorry creddie...but I vote this episode a total seddie. :3

CrazyKK724

[28]Mar 8, 2009
    foobacoligist wrote:

xxnovaxstarxx wrote:
    Yeah that was creepy, but besides that and Sam liking that one guy, didn't it seem like one of the most seddie orientated episode yet? They were TOTALLY getting along, and still somewhat fighting. They had a VERY different relationship in this episode.

exactly! and hello? sam picking on a kid because 'she thought he was cute'? wow.... DAN, IF YOU'RE READING THIS, WE KNOW YOU SHIP SEDDIE! lol ooh just remembered that there is in fact a high possibility of dan reading this self consious!Maggie

yea i thought he same this morning i was like wait..........OMG!!!!!!!!XD lol

CrazyKK724

[29]Mar 8, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    Probably the best episode of the season so far. I definitely agree that the ending was rushed. It feels like there should have been a little more to it. Also, after Spencer told Carly she couldn't go to the martial arts thing her reaction seemed a little out of character. It kind of seems like Carly doesn't really respect Spencer as an authority figure, even though he's the one who takes care of her. Other then that this was a pretty good episode. I loved the caveman video of the first tantrum! That part was hilarious!

i agree it made carly seem a little spoiled especialy when spencer said since when did you besome a baby who cries when she doesn't get what she wants and carly responded as when you dont give me what i want it kinda made it seem like carly gets everything she wants

Oathkeeperriku

[30]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 7
    timshundo wrote:
    I dunno. I didn't like this episode much. I laughed a couple of times, but other than that, it was pretty boring. It's that "scripted" feel I like about this show because when they let go of their spontaneity, crazy comebacks, and outlandish plots, all you have left are shows like... Hannah Montana. Ugh.

Come on Dan, give us more of that Schneider comedy that sets this show out from the rest.

Uh, Don't bring Hannah Montana into it, beacuse there are Fanbrats here on the site.

This was a ok episode, it's good to see Spenser trying to be a adult guardian.

jaden1880

[31]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 1
    Hi all, First time posting, but after watching this episode with my niece I felt that I had to say something. Since I'm not a long time iCarly watcher I'm not sure how this show is normally, but sitting there watching it with my young niece (8 years old and iCarly is her favorite show) I couldn't help but notice the huge lack of respect to adult figures there are in this show. Yes, I know, these days most childrens live television entails stupid parents and children that outwit them, and get away with everything, but this show seemed a bit more dasterdly.

For instance, Carly and her friends sneak out of the house to see a "mixed martial arts" fight, after being told not too, when they are caught Carly's brother gets thown across the room into a serving table, a move that could have easily broken his spine or any number of other perminant life altering injurys. And, what does his loving sister do, she goes home continues her web show, and PARTY'S WITH THE PERPETRATOR of her brothers injurys, leaving her brother, downstairs unconscious on the couch. This coupled with the tantrum she throws earlier in the episode, show that she has absolutely no respect for Spencer what-so-ever, if, in fact she cares for him at all, she didn't seem all that broken up to see him thrown across the room and possibly crippled or worse, she just stands in place with a funny look on her face. This doesn't include the disrespect shown to Freddy's mother when she goes to his school to drop off his "ointment", and is slammed in the head by some punk for "giving birth to him". This show really doesnt seem to be putting out a very strong family message for a kids show.

Well, Sorry for the long winded blathering, just my 2 cents, thanks for reading,

Steve

Fireofnature

[32]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 13
    No problem, now what would you like US to do about it? We can do nothing for it...I agree quite a bit with you though, it really does show lack of concern for authority.
    Edited on 03/09/2009 12:40pm

ycc1988

[33]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 20
    Someone posted in bold a few posts ago but didn't close his or her tags properly, I guess.

If I was looking away when Sam was grunting and destroying the lamp at the very beginning, I would have said "what the heck is she doing?"

kikimarie593

[34]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 27

jaden1880 wrote:
    Hi all, First time posting, but after watching this episode with my niece I felt that I had to say something. Since I'm not a long time iCarly watcher I'm not sure how this show is normally, but sitting there watching it with my young niece (8 years old and iCarly is her favorite show) I couldn't help but notice the huge lack of respect to adult figures there are in this show. Yes, I know, these days most childrens live television entails stupid parents and children that outwit them, and get away with everything, but this show seemed a bit more dasterdly. For instance, Carly and her friends sneak out of the house to see a "mixed martial arts" fight, after being told not too, when they are caught Carly's brother gets thown across the room into a serving table, a move that could have easily broken his spine or any number of other perminant life altering injurys. And, what does his loving sister do, she goes home continues her web show, and PARTY'S WITH THE PERPETRATOR of her brothers injurys, leaving her brother, downstairs unconscious on the couch. This coupled with the tantrum she throws earlier in the episode, show that she has absolutely no respect for Spencer what-so-ever, if, in fact she cares for him at all, she didn't seem all that broken up to see him thrown across the room and possibly crippled or worse, she just stands in place with a funny look on her face. This doesn't include the disrespect shown to Freddy's mother when she goes to his school to drop off his "ointment", and is slammed in the head by some punk for "giving birth to him". This show really doesnt seem to be putting out a very strong family message for a kids show. Well, Sorry for the long winded blathering, just my 2 cents, thanks for reading, Steve

Yes, I completely agree with you. But in my previous post I mentioned that all these things were out of character for Carly. So although she did act like that in this episode, she's not normally that bad. If you've ever seen The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody on the Disney Channel, that is by far the worst respect I have ever seen a kid give an adult on any tv show. That's exactly why I don't like that show. But like I said, iCarly is not normally that bad, it was mostly just this particular episode.

HottieSimz23

[35]Mar 9, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:

jaden1880 wrote:
    Hi all, First time posting, but after watching this episode with my niece I felt that I had to say something. Since I'm not a long time iCarly watcher I'm not sure how this show is normally, but sitting there watching it with my young niece (8 years old and iCarly is her favorite show) I couldn't help but notice the huge lack of respect to adult figures there are in this show. Yes, I know, these days most childrens live television entails stupid parents and children that outwit them, and get away with everything, but this show seemed a bit more dasterdly. For instance, Carly and her friends sneak out of the house to see a "mixed martial arts" fight, after being told not too, when they are caught Carly's brother gets thown across the room into a serving table, a move that could have easily broken his spine or any number of other perminant life altering injurys. And, what does his loving sister do, she goes home continues her web show, and PARTY'S WITH THE PERPETRATOR of her brothers injurys, leaving her brother, downstairs unconscious on the couch. This coupled with the tantrum she throws earlier in the episode, show that she has absolutely no respect for Spencer what-so-ever, if, in fact she cares for him at all, she didn't seem all that broken up to see him thrown across the room and possibly crippled or worse, she just stands in place with a funny look on her face. This doesn't include the disrespect shown to Freddy's mother when she goes to his school to drop off his "ointment", and is slammed in the head by some punk for "giving birth to him". This show really doesnt seem to be putting out a very strong family message for a kids show. Well, Sorry for the long winded blathering, just my 2 cents, thanks for reading, Steve

Yes, I completely agree with you. But in my previous post I mentioned that all these things were out of character for Carly. So although she did act like that in this episode, she's not normally that bad. If you've ever seen The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody on the Disney Channel, that is by far the worst respect I have ever seen a kid give an adult on any tv show. That's exactly why I don't like that show. But like I said, iCarly is not normally that bad, it was mostly just this particular episode.

I kind of agree with both of you. Carly was acting spoiled when she was almost having a "tantrum" (go figure) for Spencer not allowing her to go to the martial-arts fight. And I only heard "are you crazy?" from Spencer when he found out that Carly went anyway. Seemed like this episode was trying to have a moral about respecting people of authority, but failed to do so. Little authority was shown from Spencer, and I gaurentee in the next episode it's gonna be like nothing happened. And most episodes of iCarly don't aim at respecting parents anyway, but never like this. Plus there aren't any main characters in this show where both parents are mentioned. (In fact, it's like they don't even exist) I doubt we'll ever know, but still. This wasn't the worst episode since the comedy was good, but not the best episode.

jaden1880

[36]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 1
    Thanks for your insite kikimarie593, I have seen Zack and Cody, and agree with you fully, this show expresses no respect for adults, let alone parents, what-so-ever, but, at least, you know what to expect when you tune in. On the other hand, with iCarly you allow your children to watch this show thinking that it has good moral and family values, only to behold a screen full of violence and disrespect of other family members (Carly's brother and Freddy's mother). If they are going to deviate from their normal programming values like this, they should at least show the consequences for these actions, or, at the very least, have the charecters show some remorse for there actions. Children watching this would learn nothing except hurting adults is inconseqential.

Again excuse my proselytizing,

Steve

natnel56

[37]Mar 10, 2009
    I guess a lot of kid shows show disrespect for authority figures but honestly, i don't think it makes any difference to the way a kid behaves, they get that from other places. Though, I'm not speaking from experience or anything, just my opinion.

Oathkeeperriku

[38]Mar 10, 2009
    natnel56 wrote:
    I guess a lot of kid shows show disrespect for authority figures but honestly, i don't think it makes any difference to the way a kid behaves, they get that from other places. Though, I'm not speaking from experience or anything, just my opinion.

You got a point there. It's not like kids will act bad just beasuse Carly, Zack & Cody, Miley, or other characters do it. And I was well behave (At home, school had some problem in Middle shool).

Oathkeeperriku

[39]Mar 10, 2009
    jaden1880 wrote:
    Thanks for your insite kikimarie593, I have seen Zack and Cody, and agree with you fully, this show expresses no respect for adults, let alone parents, what-so-ever, but, at least, you know what to expect when you tune in. On the other hand, with iCarly you allow your children to watch this show thinking that it has good moral and family values, only to behold a screen full of violence and disrespect of other family members (Carly's brother and Freddy's mother). If they are going to deviate from their normal programming values like this, they should at least show the consequences for these actions, or, at the very least, have the charecters show some remorse for there actions. Children watching this would learn nothing except hurting adults is inconseqential.

Again excuse my proselytizing,

Steve

Wow, now that was good. Well, At least there are no kids being more desrepect to their parents, we have nothing to worry (I hope).

[40]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    natnel56 wrote:

you'd be suprized how telivision and such things and what you can see can just change the way you think of things. Even if you don't know it.