We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iLook Alike" Discussion

kikimarie593

[1]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 27

Episode description: Carly, Sam, and Freddie sneak out to a mixed martial arts fight; Spencer builds a gigantic version of Newton Balls.

The episode is airing tonight. Discuss the episode here!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 8
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Episode description: Carly, Sam, and Freddie sneak out to a mixed martial arts fight; Spencer builds a gigantic version of Newton Balls.

it's funny how the episode premieres today and we just posted a forum for it. Don't we usually start one ahead of time?? I'm excited for this episode!

Fireofnature

[3]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 13
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Typically it's about a week to three or four weeks before an episode premiers that we see an official discussion for it.

kikimarie593

[4]Mar 7, 2009
    41225525557 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

it's funny how the episode premieres today and we just posted a forum for it. Don't we usually start one ahead of time?? I'm excited for this episode!

Haha I know! We usually have one weeks ahead of the episode! This episode looks really good! I can't wait!

pdyc

[5]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 16
    We know what the look-alikes look like. Now we just have to see how well they act like them.

iCarly317

[6]Mar 7, 2009
    haha Should be awesome! Can't wait to watch it.

[7]Mar 7, 2009
    30 minutes.... and I will have finished watching it in about 3 hours from now though because I'm watching a movie on paper-view tonight.... bu I can't wait.

iCarly317

[8]Mar 7, 2009
    I noticed on the guide that this episode is 34 minutes. So be sure to watch the full episode before they cut it down later. But for now, that means an extra 4 minutes of iCarly goodness!

[9]Mar 7, 2009
    iCarly317 wrote:
    I noticed on the guide that this episode is 34 minutes. So be sure to watch the full episode before they cut it down later. But for now, that means an extra 4 minutes of iCarly goodness!

yea I noticed that too, makes sense cause it's a special.

Fireofnature

[10]Mar 7, 2009
    Dear god, tell me I'm not the only one that thought Freddie's deep voiced recording to Carly was really creepy...

xxnovaxstarxx

[11]Mar 7, 2009
    Yeah that was creepy, but besides that and Sam liking that one guy, didn't it seem like one of the most seddie orientated episode yet? They were TOTALLY getting along, and still somewhat fighting. They had a VERY different relationship in this episode.

HottieSimz23

[12]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 3
    I thought this episode was good at first, but the ending was kind of rushed.

Fireofnature

[13]Mar 7, 2009
    Yeah the ending was rushed. Spencer should have shown more authority. And still that recording with Freddie...god, they really shouldn't have put that in. I mean if it was just Freddie saying it out loud directly, that'd be fine...but that recording just...damn...

foobacoligist

[14]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 10

xxnovaxstarxx wrote:
    Yeah that was creepy, but besides that and Sam liking that one guy, didn't it seem like one of the most seddie orientated episode yet? They were TOTALLY getting along, and still somewhat fighting. They had a VERY different relationship in this episode.

exactly! and hello? sam picking on a kid because 'she thought he was cute'? wow.... DAN, IF YOU'RE READING THIS, WE KNOW YOU SHIP SEDDIE! lol ooh just remembered that there is in fact a high possibility of dan reading this self consious!Maggie

ycc1988

[15]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 20
    Fake Sam kind of freaked Real Sam out for a moment there. I loved that line. You can totally see her shocked face before she comes up with a cover.

I see The Hammer again.

iCarly317

[16]Mar 7, 2009
    Great episode. Nice to see a different side of Spencer again. Also nice to see a little bit of Sam and Freddie fighting again. Loved the Jackson Colt part.

Puckett9

[17]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 4

This might be my favorite episode of the season (outside of the last five minutes of iKiss), but then again I haven't really bothered rewatching any of the others in quite a while. This one didn't quite get to the premise fast enough (just before the commercial)--which seems like this season's most visible problem--but I dunno. It worked, and it was just a ... smoother episode, I guess. Definitely not perfect or even really season one material, but just ... smoother.

It didn't seem so much like the going-through-the-motions affair this season has, even when showing the four of them outside of the plot doing "normal," "non-plot" things. I think THE problem this season has been the characters haven't been allowed to just be themselves. Most of the time it feels like they're just there (and only there) to carry out the plot while throwing out their established schticks at convenient intervals. So it was nice tonight when Sam's aggressive/delinquent/family stuff was like ... sorta fresh--kinda funny. Almost fun again.

I miss that. When iCarly didn't feel so consistently scripted.

Edited on 03/07/2009 6:29pm

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[18]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 5
    foobacoligist wrote:

xxnovaxstarxx wrote:

exactly! and hello? sam picking on a kid because 'she thought he was cute'? wow.... DAN, IF YOU'RE READING THIS, WE KNOW YOU SHIP SEDDIE! lol ooh just remembered that there is in fact a high possibility of dan reading this self consious!Maggie

First off, really great episode. It easily beats the last two new episodes combined: iRocked the Vote & iMeet Fred. Also after tonight's episode, I've actually come to the conclusion that Dan does have a stronger liking when it comes to Sam/Freddie than Carly/Freddie. He writes their dialogue pretty damn good and it helps that Nathan and Jennette have a great chemistry together on screen though Nathan and Miranda are great just as well when they have scenes together. Other than that, an excellent episode tonight and now I'm anticipating the next new episode.

missyera

[19]Mar 7, 2009
    Me and my sister laughed out loud througout this entire episode. And that's saying something, cos' my sister hardly laughs.

Oh Spencer kills me with his awesomeness.

kikimarie593

[20]Mar 7, 2009
    Probably the best episode of the season so far. I definitely agree that the ending was rushed. It feels like there should have been a little more to it. Also, after Spencer told Carly she couldn't go to the martial arts thing her reaction seemed a little out of character. It kind of seems like Carly doesn't really respect Spencer as an authority figure, even though he's the one who takes care of her. Other then that this was a pretty good episode. I loved the caveman video of the first tantrum! That part was hilarious!