We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iLike Jake" Discussion

AndreaMSkate

[21]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 49
    Carly kissed Freddie on the nose! I very much liked this episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicesweetgirl36

[22]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 15
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Carly kissed Freddie on the nose! I very much liked this episode.

That was a very cute moment. I loved how Carly said to Jake it was just a nose kiss, strictly nasal.

Animegirlx

[23]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    yes it was!! but omg Jake SUCKS at singing!!!! my ears were bleeding

ycc1988

[24]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 20
    And yet people love American Idol...

iskabibble07

[25]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 13

Maybe I was the only one that didn't know this. When Carly took Jake upstairs, she said "This is the third floor". I take it that means that the Shays live just above the ground floor and the apartment is on the 2nd and 3rd floor. I get the impression when they show the skyscraper that they are way up on a high floor. But this tells me otherwise. I am not sure if that elevator is just for their use or for the entire building in which case it would not be as available to them as it is. It might also explain how she could fish out her window for the fake baby (though it is clear she put the baby on there) and why Spencer could run down to the lobby so quickly on Iwant to stay with Spencer.

Ok ok, let me have it. I think about these details WAY too much. LOL

Edited on 08/12/2008 5:46pm

iCarly317

[26]Aug 13, 2008
    Yes, way to much details going on here. But you do make a good point. I would only have to say that the elevator they have is for the whole building for the reason that they took the elevator to get to the ground floor in iWanna Stay With Spencer. But there would also be other people in the elevator at some point or another if the whole elevator wasn't theirs.
    Edited on 08/13/2008 8:22am

iskabibble07

[27]Aug 13, 2008
    iCarly317 wrote:
    Yes, way to much details going on here. But you do make a good point. I would only have to say that the elevator they have is for the whole building for the reason that they took the elevator to get to the ground floor in iWanna Stay With Spencer. But there would also be other people in the elevator at some point or another if the whole elevator wasn't theirs.
    Well sue me for noticing things. With the summer keeping us in constant reruns, its easy to focus on details. Yeah, if they are higher up in the building, then the statement, "this is the third floor" would imply that the Shays have one more floor below the one where the kitchen and living room are. I think when they took the elevator down in IWanna Stay With Spencer, maybe it was because Carly had all her luggage with her. It would explain how Spencer got to the lobby so fast at the end of the show.

iCarly317

[28]Aug 13, 2008
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with noticing all the small details. In fact, it makes me think a little myself so I enjoy when you bring lots of small details up. Now I'm just thinking that if the Shay's had enough money to live in a nice place like that, they would probably have the money to own more than one floor. I just don't know how that would work though.

iskabibble07

[29]Aug 13, 2008
    iCarly317 wrote:
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with noticing all the small details. In fact, it makes me think a little myself so I enjoy when you bring lots of small details up. Now I'm just thinking that if the Shay's had enough money to live in a nice place like that, they would probably have the money to own more than one floor. I just don't know how that would work though.
    I know what you mean but having Freddie and Mrs. Bensen across the hall is an important detail about the show so it all works.

spendie

[30]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 2

Even though it seemed that Freddie was attracted to Jake (maybe the "i" in the title is actually Freddie), this doesn't mean that he didn't still love Spencer. Freddie was very jealous when Carly wanted to go out with Jake and tried to steal him away when he came to visit Carly. He even drove Carly and Jake apart by tricking Carly into kissing him in front of Jake. But even so, I don't think that Freddie was in love with Jake. It was just an infatuation. Freddie and Jake are supposed to be the same age, but look at the scenes where they stand together. Jake seems about 10 years older. This shows Freddie's infatuation with tall men who seem older and Jake probably just reminded him of Spencer. Freddie knew he had a better chance with Jake than with Spencer at this point.

Fireofnature

[31]Sep 1, 2008
    spendie wrote:

Even though it seemed that Freddie was attracted to Jake (maybe the "i" in the title is actually Freddie), this doesn't mean that he didn't still love Spencer. Freddie was very jealous when Carly wanted to go out with Jake and tried to steal him away when he came to visit Carly. He even drove Carly and Jake apart by tricking Carly into kissing him in front of Jake. But even so, I don't think that Freddie was in love with Jake. It was just an infatuation. Freddie and Jake are supposed to be the same age, but look at the scenes where they stand together. Jake seems about 10 years older. This shows Freddie's infatuation with tall men who seem older and Jake probably just reminded him of Spencer. Freddie knew he had a better chance with Jake than with Spencer at this point.

You're joking, right? Our Troll's just moved to spammer. Andrea, do something!

iMIMI37

[32]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    Fireofnature wrote:
    spendie wrote:

You're joking, right? Our Troll's just moved to spammer. Andrea, do something!

I think the troll just wants some attention so let's just ignore it and talk about the episode.

Fireofnature

[33]Sep 4, 2008
    Yeah, good point. So, Jake really needs to work on that voice, that's for sure.

iskabibble07

[34]Sep 4, 2008
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Grandma one foot was a bit rough but funny.

Fireofnature

[35]Sep 4, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

Nonesense, my Nana has only one foot, they had to amputate one of them...some diesease, not to sure what happened.

iMIMI37

[36]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    Fireofnature wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

Nonesense, my Nana has only one foot, they had to amputate one of them...some diesease, not to sure what happened.

That's really sad, I hope she's okay. Does anyone think we'll ever see Jake again on iCarly?

Fireofnature

[37]Sep 5, 2008
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

That's really sad, I hope she's okay. Does anyone think we'll ever see Jake again on iCarly?

I don't think Jake will be on there again, if he does, then it should be interesting.

Animegirlx

[38]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 7
    we will probably never see him agian agreed

marcdragicevic

[39]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 21
    This episode is alright. Not sure how Freddie was able to find the software provided to fix Austin Butler character's voice. (he is also in season 4 on zoey 101 as a main star)