We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iHire An Idiot" episode discussion

NicNack4U

[21]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 3
    Oops, sorry about that. I spelled "expressed" wrong. Sorry!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ulrich22

[22]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 25
    This episode was really good. Me being a big fan of Dan's work and an avid follower of "Scneider's Bakery Universe" i must say Stacy's appearance was really uncalled for. But i loved this episode

KJLwriter

[23]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 8
    I loved this episode! I thought it was really funny! Gort was hilarious!! He was so stupid. When he spilled the lemonade on Freddie's laptop during the webshow, that almost made me fall off the couch with laughter. talk about rofl. I didn't even expect what happened at the end with the girl intern. i was like...woa. that hit me like a wall of bricks. it was really good. it wasn't stupid at all. it had good humor and spencer's part was funny also. i'm so glad iCarly is back with new episodes. this is totally one of my favorite episodes now.

NegiSpongie

[24]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 20
    I didn't like this episode that much. Not only did it seem rushed, but it wasn't even funny. Not at all compared to iSAFW. I didn't like Carly and Sam's behavior in the ep regarding the intern; it just seemed unprofessional even for them- Plus I thought the intern's stupidity wasn't even remotely funny. Though I actually was taken by surprise at the end with the female intern. But I did like Spencer's subplot, and the cameo by Stacey.

RomanZolanski

[25]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 12
    I agree with the statements about this episode being rushed. There was only one funny scene, and I forgot how that went. But I loved seeing Stacey again! Aha, she's amazing, and her obsession over cotton swaps and white glue!!!

But yeah, this episode was so-so, but can I say something? After iSWAFW, I HIGHLY DOUBT that either Creddie or Seddie will happen. Legit, that episode's basic main purpose was to not only talk to the crazy fans at Webicon, but to also talk to US ICALRY FANS, that neither relationship will happen. In reality, would you start dating your best friend? I mean, this isn't Disney people. The main guy and girl don't fall in love in season 1, then get together in season 2, then break up by season 3. Dan doesn't aim for continuity and drama in iCarly. It's about teens having fun while making a webshow.

frontman19

[26]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 14

NicNack4U wrote:

I saw it and here is how I feel about it...

********SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********************************************* (LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU HAVE MISSED IT!!)

Okay, seriously? It all seemed so very rushed. Like, Dan KNEW that there hasn't been a new ep. in a while, and wanted to get iHire An Idiot out so we wouldn't all spam up his Twitter demanding for it. Plus, it really wasn't even funny. At all. Not funny-funny or the usual stupid-funny.

Also, it seems like Dan was trying to tell us to abandon the Sedde ship and hop on aboard the CRUDdie one. Really, Dan? A rushed-up ep. with nothing funny or interesting, except Spencer, and full of Creddie? This isn't like him at all. Unless he wasn't the one to write the ep. Again.

This, and iSAFW has DEFENITELY made me not like the show anymore. I give up on it. But, NEVER, EVER will I give up on Seddie. I've loved that ship since iPilot, and I'm not about to let iSAFW & iHAI change that. I will continue to watch the show, but ONLY to see if Dan will step up and steer it around to focus on Seddie more. And of course, to watch for Jerry Trainor. That guy is AWESOME!

I have expreesed my disappointment to Dan on the iCarly FB page, so I hope he reads it. I really hope so. Otherwise, this show will end in the ever-so perfectly cliched Creddie. Please, Dan. Don't disappoint your Seddie fans anymore. Please?

Dude. Shut up. Seriously. This show is not about the relationships, it's about the comedy. You watch the show for the stupidity or the funny parts, not for any relationship development, I admit it is fun to look for hints as a side thing to make the episodes more entertaining, but just because he made an episode focused more on "creddie" doesn't make it terrible. Plus this episode wasn't even "Creddie" based, it was Freddie just being frustrated then totally owning both Carly and Sam.

And I do agree that this wasn't the best episode or the funniest it wasn't terrible either. Carly and Sam were incredibly annoying throughout the whole episode with their baby-talk and fawning over Cort, but Cort's stupidity was amusing, as was Ashley's acting. What made the episode bearable was Freddie's role, he was really clever throughout the whole episode, with his witty wordplay and tricking Carly and Sam by hiring a secretly smart intern in order to get Cort fired. This episode proved to me why Freddie is my favorite character.

I only saw the episode after the intro so I didn't get the whole concept behind Spencer's plot, but it didn't amuse me like most Spencer plot's do, it seemed really rushed and way too easily accomplished. Overall this episode continues the trend of season 4 being a weak season, hopefully the second half will be a lot better.

NicNack4U

[27]Feb 13, 2011
    @frontman19 Dude, I'm NOT a dude, ok? I'm a girl. Please be nice, and please do not tell me to shut up. I have the right to express my opinion, don't I? I KNOW the ships aren't the main focus of the show, but there are usually HUGE hints towards them in an episode. Hints about both ships. This one only had Creddie hints.

You are right in saying that this wasn't the best or funniest one. I disagree with you though in saying it wasn't terrible. It was. It felt SUPER short and rushed. You're wrong. The ep WAS Creddie-based. Totally was. Even with Freddie getting back at them by hiring Ashley. I had NO idea she really was smart, and I was suprised. So yeah, I like her. Cort...ugh. The usual clueless pretty-boy. Clueless and not funny, but cute. I completely missed the intro, too, so no worries, lol. Spence's plot was about his & Carly's great-granddad threatning to send Spence back to law school if he didn't have any artwork submitted into an art museum (sp?). The museum rejected him, but he found a sneaky way for his great-grandad to fall for the whole thing. This part of the ep was the only part I liked. Spencer is so awesome and cool and funny. Jerry defenitely does a good job at portraying him. I can't picture anyone else playing Spencer but Jerry.

I didn't mean any harm or disrespect with my comment or even this one. I was just expressing how I felt about this ep. And I was really upset about it. But, I'm totally cool with it now. So, I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I was just expressing how I felt about it. I'm sorry.

saylavee

[28]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 18

OHHAITHAR

Well I think I'll just make a list of pro's and con's of the ep:

Pros: Cort was funny, but only at first then he got annoying. Sub plot with Spencer was great. The ending with what's-her-name (I missed it) I definitely DID NOT see that coming and I loved it xD. Personally I thought that the gang was guna walk in on Idiot 1 and Idiot 2 making out or something then simultaneously fire them.

Cons: Like I said above, Cort got annoying. It went kinda fast. It didn't seemed rushed, just fast. Sam didn't really get any different lines than the ones she was saying, which bothered me a bit. Then again I missed one part while I was getting cheesecake so maybe I missed something?

Hmm...8/10 or 7/10? Not the best, not the worst, but one of the better ones of s4 IMO.

KatiePhil

[29]Feb 13, 2011
    i still wanna know why the heck freddie was rubbin g carly's shirt. that by itself made me LOL xD i was like " what is his obsession with the feeling of that shirt? must be soft or something haha" then she likes bats his hand away ,then he starts feeling it again. did anyone else find that as funny as i did? haha

pscf3

[30]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 16
    I actually liked this one. Spencer was funny, as usual. Cort was stupid, but got a little too stupid at the end. The end was great with Ashley fakin it, but it was ruined by cort probably being rehired at the end.

@ nic nack 4u, I kinda agree with frontman.

KJLwriter

[31]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 8
    I seriously think this is one of my favorite episodes. It's on right now again, and I can't stop laughing. It's funny stuff! Cort is so stupid, but I think it's funny!!! I mean, it makes me wonder how the actor really is. It'd be really funny if the actor is really smart. lol. I think it's a great episode. The only thing is that I'm kind of starting to not like Gibby. He's kind of getting annoying.

teenj12

[32]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 26

I didn't see the entire episode, but from what I saw, it was really good. Cort's dumbness was downright hilarious. I loved the end where the girl was revealed to be smart! Freddie as everyone said, owned Sam and Carly. I'm glad that he is starting to stand up against theminstead of falling prey to Sam's abuse or Carly's seduction.

@Frontman: Season 4 is the best season in my eyes.

Edited on 02/13/2011 3:43pm

frontman19

[33]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 14

@Teenj.

Don't get me wrong I like the actors grown up, I think they are better and more experienced/talented. I just don't like the scripts they are given to work with, all the plot lines are really trivial and simple, I mean they are playing 16 year olds, shouldn't they be dealing with more interesting stuff then pranking or making T-shirts? Even the episodes that could have been more grown up took an immature route, like the episode dealing with Sam's mom or the wedding episode. You can still make a show funny without dumbing down the characters or making them into static characters, and Dan needs to realize that for this show to be as good quality as I know it can be.

Fireofnature

[34]Feb 14, 2011
    • level: 13
    To those of you warring on about the episode being poor due to relationships. I'm not going to say you shouldn't, but I think it's best that we don't. I don't dislike the show or episodes due to relationships, hell I still LIKE the show, but it has become a bit dull and slightly repetitive to me. At most, Spencer's part never fails to deliver, but I would still prefer to watch the Sam/Carly/Freddie pars of the episodes. I think iCarly, as funny and awesome as it is, may be slipping. Big time. And there is my two cents.

nicknameless101

[35]Feb 14, 2011
    • level: 25

I liked this episode, but I thought it was stupid and shallow of Carly and Sam to act the way they did with Cort. I mean, I kind of expected this from Carly, but not so much from Sam. And like teenj12 said, I loved how Freddie hired a smart girl to pretend to be dumb just to stand up to Carly and Sam. It shows he really is tougher than he appears to be.

Canada_Michael

[36]Feb 14, 2011
    • level: 10
    What pushed it over the top from funny to uncaring on the part of Carly & Sam was Freddie's stuff was destroyed & they didn't care, seemed odd especially on Carly's part. On top of it all they didn't seem to care that the show was negatively impacted. They weren't even dating the guy just looking at him made them seem desperate

pscf3

[37]Feb 14, 2011
    They had a big crush on him, whatda expect?

Canada_Michael wrote:
    What pushed it over the top from funny to uncaring on the part of Carly & Sam was Freddie's stuff was destroyed & they didn't care, seemed odd especially on Carly's part. On top of it all they didn't seem to care that the show was negatively impacted. They weren't even dating the guy just looking at him made them seem desperate

Canada_Michael

[38]Feb 14, 2011
    • level: 10

A crush is one thing but in this episode they were brain dead IMO. Neither one of them asked him out or went on a date with him, they couldn't even have the simplest conversation with him because he's so stupid. So for just the chance to be near him & nothing else they threw the web show & Freddie out the window, that equals desperate in my book.

Zwingli4

[39]Feb 14, 2011

Yeah I agree with a lot of you it was unprofessional to Sam & Carly to hire a guy with a brain that was "made in China." What bothered me the most is that this was really out of character for the both of them. Neither Sam nor Carly would go for a dumb guy, even if he was a gorgeous hunk of beefcake meat! Carly espescially, and even Sam, would only go for a fairly smart guy--who is a gorgeous hunk of beefcake meat! But seriously, the writers need to keep the characters consistent, and the female charcters weren't in this eppy.

KatiePhil

[40]Feb 15, 2011
    well see, if he was a hunk of beefcake meat, im afraid sam would go for him haha if ya catch my drift