We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iCook' Discussion

1MMfan

[21]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 16

Yeah that slapping thing was weird. It was surprising she didn't react to the slap. And that guy wrestling little kids was creepy, especially when he did it to Carly. I wasn't surpised when they got Sam to defeat him. And it was strange how he suddenly turned from a good chef to a pathetic crybaby.
    And Spencer's plotline was just weird and really pathetic. But I laughed at Spencer and Nug Nug running toward each other in slow motion.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

garnergeek

[22]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 14
    right that wrestling was so weird/gross/creepy and wrong. i was like um ew. but yea like i said before it had really funny stuff but the ep kinda was dumb.

Birdette

[23]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 4
    I'm in the middle of watching this.
    I don't really know what to say. I really disliked the beginning (a talking baby? Really?) but so far, everything is sorta...meh. Not particularly awful, but nothing great. I dislike how Sam obsesses over the food, though.

Birdette

[24]Sep 19, 2009
    Eh, I sorta liked the ending because how Sam taught the guy a lesson for being a jerk.
    The middle of the episode was "meh", and I didn't like the start, but liked the end.
    Overall, not a bad episode.

SkyeNite

[25]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 8
    It was ok, like on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give a 7. Not the best but still not the worst. I thought it was funny all the way through just not Roll on the floor laughing funny. But it did keep me giggling the whole way trough and I LOVED the end. I was waiting for her to kick his butt since the very begining of that scene.

aamilne

[26]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 6

There were some moments that I liked: Sam & Freddie slapping each other, Sam getting the crazy cook to the ground, Sam holding Freddie while Carly puts her finger up Freddie's nose. The plot with the famous chef seemed to end randomly. Let's see, the kids have a contest with him, they win, he quits cooking and starts wrestling little boys, until Sam defeats him. It's like Dan wanted to avoid a predictable ending. And I found the idea of the chef wrestling little boys more creepy than funny. Having one of the girls put her finger up Freddie's nose I don't mind, but not a grown man wrestling with a kid.

taillow22

[27]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    Wow, I completely forgot this episode was on yesterday. Is there a link anywhere?

Birdette

[28]Sep 20, 2009
    I, too, was bothered by the thought of an adult wrestling kids. Because he's exponentially stronger than them, he can easily break their bones and ruin their self-esteem.
    Sam and Freddie slapping each other was sorta weird, because there wasn't much emotion in it. I was expecting it to erupt into something.

HaydenAvery

[29]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 21
    i didnt like the baby part. and the chef was pretty stupid. it was one loss to the people who created that food and he annoyingly whined. but the unexpected ending was a huge LOL. he didnt deserve to be anything if he just wanted to win. i liked the spencer plot more for this ep. when they kept not seeing each other i thought that was how it was gonna end up. but nub nb also feeling the urge to hug was funny. overall a 8 because the plots werent as predictable as we thought.

Obiwan456

[30]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 12
    well, the baby was stupid, but I loved it from there. I could see why he would react that way at first, I mean first time he gets beat its by a group of kids. But after that, he just went insane. I mean, it was creepy when he was wrestling kids, but it was creepier when he pinned Carly down. But it was all funny. As for Spencer's plot, that was hilarious! Like when he asked the elderly woman to watch the door, that was great, and then I couldn't stop laughing when he and Nub Nub hugged. Funny all the way through (after the first scene) gives it a 9 out of 10.

shybaby13

[31]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 15
    To be honest, there was almost nothing I liked about this episode. I always watch with my parents, and I can tell that this time they thought it was pretty stupid. It's not because there was no seddie in it (besides slapping) it's because it just sucked! I barely laughed at all and I kept hoping it would start turning into a cooler episode.... *sigh* My scary thought is with how fast they've been producing iCarly episodes... What if they're all like this? THat would be awful.

TheSchwab

[32]Sep 20, 2009
    I would rate it an average episode. It had three cute Sam and Freddie moments and that's always a plus. The big baby was hillarious. That was so great.

taillow22

[33]Sep 20, 2009
    This episode is quite possible the worst iCarly episode I've ever seen... The Spencer plot was OK I guess, and the iCarly's plot was good AT FIRST, but when it got to the wrestling part, ew... and it was never resolved? Sam beats him once more, and they leave him to beat up more children? Um... Nick, please never air this episode again.

aamilne

[34]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 6

taillow22 wrote:
    This episode is quite possible the worst iCarly episode I've ever seen... The Spencer plot was OK I guess, and the iCarly's plot was good AT FIRST, but when it got to the wrestling part, ew... and it was never resolved? Sam beats him once more, and they leave him to beat up more children? Um... Nick, please never air this episode again.

Dan said in his Fun Facts that he really wanted a unpredicatable ending, so obviously he went with something random. Personally, I don't think that a random resolution is particularly clever. The occasional use of random comedy is OK, but I think Dan over does it. Since the chef was looking for something where he could always win, he would presumbably quit wrestling kids now that he has lost to Sam. The reactions from the adults present were hardly realistic, but the scene was also supposed to be absurd. So, that's how Dan approached the episode, I think.

But regardless of why Dan did it that way, I really didn't care for most of it.

PR9793

[35]Sep 26, 2009
    • level: 3
    OK. So what about the part where Carly got knocked upside her head?!?

futuramarama

[36]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 37
    This was way to weird an episode for my tastes. I did however like Spencer's plot, even though it was kind of lame

NatalieTV100

[37]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 10

The episode was kind of in the middle for me. I agree that it was kind of dumb for obvious reasons but I think that this episode was also pretty funny at the same time. And I agree about Ricki Flame wrestling those kids that was creepy(but I do admit I laughed a couple of times).