We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Off Topic Jennettes album is a rip-off!

MrMcAwesomeman

[1]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 1

Ok so for those who don't know the story Jennette McCurdy has promised her fans an album since June of 2009......and then no album. Then the album was going to come out in 2010.....didn't happen. Then it was going to come out in 2011....still didn't happen. Well today Jennette's album FINALLY came out! Everyone should be excited right? Wrong! The album only has 7 tracks. Why is that a problem? Because WE'VE ALREADY HEARD/BOUGHT FIVE OF THEM! So we've been waiting for over two years for TWO SONGS! That is a serious rip-off! There is also supposed to be an iTunes version later on with 3 bonus tracks. Why is this a bad thing? Because she's just trying to get us to buy her (same) music THREE TIMES (her EP/singles, album, itunes album). I feel like I've been slapped in the face. This makes me think she only cares about money. What do you guys think?

Tracklist

1. Generation Love (single)

2. Don't You Just Hate Those People (new)

3. Break Your Heart (on EP)

4. Stronger (on EP)

5. Better (we've heard the acoustic version so I guess this one is debatable)

6. Put Your Arms Around Someone (on EP)

7. Have to Say Goodbye (new)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ycc1988

[2]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 20
    You're confusing Jennette with her label. It's her label that's screwing everyone over, including Jennette.

Wow, seeing my old avatar and signature brings back memories. (Lurks off again)
    Edited on 02/09/2012 4:09am

MrMcAwesomeman

[3]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 1
    Jennette has to have at least SOME say as to which tracks go on her album. Somewhere down the line she must have thought, "Alright, looks good to me." instead of "You know this kind of looks like a rip-off. Why are there only two new songs? Everyone has already bought the others."

And let's just say that I'm wrong and Jennette had ABSOLUTELY NO SAY (although highly unlikely) in the tracklist. Guess what? The album itself is still a rip-off no matter whose fault is.

I guess what Im saying is at the end of the day fans have been waiting for over two years and got cheated. The problem is none of her fans are challenging her on this (on twitter) because they all tweet stuff like, "ITS THE GREATEST ALBUM I'VE EVER HEARD GO JENNETTE!!!!!!!!".......even though they've heard almost all of them before. Her followers don't even care that they're being cheated. That's what really bothers me.
    I'm really sorry if seem like a jerk. I don't mean to offend anyone. I'm just disappointed is all. I'm I the only one who thinks this isn't right (no matter whose fault it is)?

pscf3

[4]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 16
    Welcome to the music industry.

Seriously though, usually iTunes with recognize the song as the same and only make you pay for the ones you haven't bought yet.