We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Miranda Talks Season 5 of iCarly

Ulrich22

[1]Feb 21, 2011
    • level: 25

In late January 2011, while doing press for her North American Dancing Crazy tour, Miranda Cosgrove began telling news sources that she was looking forward to returning to Hollywood to begin filming the 5th season of iCarly.[9][10][11] On January 27, 2011 Cosgrove told Cleveland Live News "We're getting ready to start the next season, right after the tour. I would be willing to do the show as long as people like it and as long as it works."[9] On January 28, 2011, Reuters news agency also reported that Cosgrove was preparing to begin filming the 5th season of iCarly"[10], and on February 3, 2011 Cosgrove told The Middletown Press, when speaking of the show and her co-stars Jennette McCurdy and Nathan Kress, "I've known them since I was little. I can't wait to get back. I'm really comfortable doing (iCarly). It's like my home away from home."[11] Cosgrove's final Dancing Crazy tour date is scheduled for February 24, 2011; however, Nickelodeon has yet to make an official announcement as to when production for a 5th season will officially begin.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[2]Feb 21, 2011
    • level: 21
    Real good news. Looking forward to it.

RemDiamond

[3]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 5
    Miranda is going to the UK and production is suppose to begin in April.

nicknameless101

[4]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 25

A fifth season? Great!

teenj12

[5]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 26
    Hopefully this sheds a pathway for a sixth season! Miranda did say she would keep doing iCarly as long as fans want her to and enjoy the show.

Fireofnature

[6]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 13
    Yeah except I think the fans are dwindling a little...

Zwingli4

[7]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 16

Well, even if it only goes 5 seasons that's still a great run. Over 90% of TV shows don't last anywhere near that long.

vanillacupcakes

[8]Mar 1, 2011
    Wouldn't this technically be the second half of season 4?? Production wise it's the 5th season, but we would count it as the 4th season.

So far, counting the 3 episodes the crossover takes up, there will be only 13 episodes. The contract said about 26 episodes this season, so them filming these new episodes in April would still be season 4.

Not counting "All That" since the cast always changes, most of Dan's shows have only lasted 4 seasons. iCarly seems to be lacking what it had so far. I guess it's hard to judge from so few episodes, but still. The ratings have gone down. I think he could surely pull off a season 5, but with Victorious on his hands it will be quite difficult to keep iCarly stellar. From what it sounds like everybody seems on board with still doing iCarly though, so maybe a season 5 could come our way. I guess we just have to wait and see.

teenj12

[9]Mar 2, 2011
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Wouldn't this technically be the second half of season 4?? Production wise it's the 5th season, but we would count it as the 4th season.

So far, counting the 3 episodes the crossover takes up, there will be only 13 episodes. The contract said about 26 episodes this season, so them filming these new episodes in April would still be season 4.

Not counting "All That" since the cast always changes, most of Dan's shows have only lasted 4 seasons. iCarly seems to be lacking what it had so far. I guess it's hard to judge from so few episodes, but still. The ratings have gone down. I think he could surely pull off a season 5, but with Victorious on his hands it will be quite difficult to keep iCarly stellar. From what it sounds like everybody seems on board with still doing iCarly though, so maybe a season 5 could come our way. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Production Wise, S5 is technically S4, but on TV its S5.

pscf3

[10]Mar 2, 2011
    "season 5" is the second half of the currently airing season 4. Why can't we just call it "more season 4" instead of "season 5".

teenj12

[11]Mar 2, 2011
    I prefer to call it S5, thank you.