We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

List of bad things iCarly caused people

Fireofnature

[1]Aug 22, 2011
    • level: 13

Okay before you go nuts, I'm doing this for a story I'm working on called "Controlling Our Paths" (And I'm trying Seddie again, but I'm doing baby steps...meaning Jonah and Valerie are the main and they're the secondary, but this story focuses on everyone). Each person, literally every character has their own internal struggles and insecurities.

Carly's biggest stressor is trying to cancel iCarly because she's seen how negatively it's impacted people (After Jonah, people tormented him. After Valerie, people tormented her, and she also got an abusive boyfriend out of it). She begins to forget the good things and think of the bad things, such as Principal Franklin having nearly lost his job because of iCarly. Freddie, Sam, Jonah, and Valerie are trying to convince her that there is good in iCarly (Her issue will be solved when she uses iCarly to help everyone else and see the good in it)

But first I'm trying to remember what other negative things have happened to people because of iCarly, including even stuff that's happened to Nevel. Stuff that Carly might dwell upon for a little bit.

Something that gets her to realize the good in iCarly is (This story takes place right after Sam and Freddie kiss in the mental hospital) their bringing up that Sam and Freddie are together now, probably thanks to iCarly. She then uses that to try and reach out and help others out. Later it will become a political thing, but I need to try and remember what negatives have happened, and that's difficult, as searching hasn't helped. I then turn to all of you

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RiciSmokes2

[2]Aug 23, 2011
    • level: 7
    Wade Collins probably got drug outside his hotel room and some less than positive press for his music.

hurr05

[3]Aug 23, 2011
    • level: 10

why don't you write a story where Lewbert is diagnosed with a disease called Wartifiungious (Wart-ih-fye-ung-us), and his wart just keeps growing bigger and bigger, and the iCarly gang has to create the ultimate cream to defeat it!!!

LOL please forgive me, i was bored.

Fireofnature

[4]Aug 23, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

why don't you write a story where Lewbert is diagnosed with a disease called Wartifiungious (Wart-ih-fye-ung-us), and his wart just keeps growing bigger and bigger, and the iCarly gang has to create the ultimate cream to defeat it!!!

Ugh, I can tell, that idea's horrible XD. Well all jokes aside, I wasn't here for story ideas, I was just posting because I wanted to know some things that had gone wrong, such as Principal Franklin losing his job, without having to watch every single episode over again.

teenj12

[5]Aug 24, 2011
    • level: 26
    hurr05 wrote:

Eww wtf LMAO!

Fireofnature

[6]Aug 24, 2011
    I can tell, lol.

Would you like to know some of the serious issues? Here's the summary:

Controlling Our Fates Everyone has something holding them back, an internal struggle that consumes the soul like a powerful inferno. On the brink of hopelessness, these friends must learn how to defeat their pasts, to change their future, and in turn, to control their fate.

Carly, I said was guilt. However Carly uses iCarly to help everybody, which makes her realize that iCarly IS good. There's drama for everyone, even SPENCER. Spencer, who puts out a goofy act just to confuse people, when inside, he is struggling from a past where he told the one girl he ever loved (Sasha) that he cared more for art than even her, and he regretted to say that, going so far as to destroy his own art immediately after. He dealt with depression since then.

Freddie deals with the loss of his father, killed by none other than the Shadow Hammer when he was 8 years old. He witnessed this death and grew with such anger and hatred, but he can keep it inside. When he learns of the one who was abusing one of his ex girlfriends, he actually goes ballistic, but Sam and Jonah calm him down.

Sam, deals with her father who left when she was just five years old, also deals with insecurity and fear that all those closest to her will leave her. Deals with pushing people away, as well as finding out about having a brother.

Jonah has a lot of stuff, not just guilt from what he did to Sam (in which she forgave him since), though he toughened up and is actually the toughest kid in school by his senior year. The reason he toughed up is because when he was a kid, he suffered a lot of abuse from his father, who had constant flashbacks from a very traumatic time and would often think his son was his attacker. Jonah learned to defend himself, but he still deals with the lack of a real father.

Valerie deals with kids at school treating her badly for what she had done, a mother who lost the ability to walk years ago, and an abusive boyfriend. There's a lot of drama in here, lots. I realize now, though, that I forgot to include Gibby and I've already written 20 chapters...without him. Hmmmmmmm oh well

hurr05

[7]Aug 24, 2011

@teenj, you know, when i looked at that post after writing it, i said the same thing

vanillacupcakes

[8]Aug 24, 2011
    • level: 16

Lol I was ready to say "iCarly is ruining my grades and social life because I have a weird investment with this show". This sounds like an interesting story.

Ginger Fox has to deal with post-divorce issues. The girl is a mess, she couldn't even find her own son in the end of the episode. It looks like she has an alcohol problem(just a lot in general).

With Nevel it's the whole iPity the Nevel story...people judge him for single actions and mistakes are never forgotten.

Chuck has forgiveness issues. He is always seeking for revenge, wanting people to suffer the same way he suffers. He has issues accepting punishments he well deserves. It may have something to do with his father, but I'm not sure.

Lewbert probably does have issues from his crazy ex, making him all spastic and having a wart. I think their relationship was probably abusive. That woman(I forgot her name) probably physically hurt him and tried to control everything he does. She stalked him down too. You could even write a chapter about her.

Obviously you could elaborate and make it sound better than what I said, but I'm just tossing out some ideas. I don't know how many issues and characters you want for this.

Edited on 08/24/2011 8:22pm

RiciSmokes2

[9]Aug 24, 2011
    Carly's Dad's friend from the military probably got into trouble for seizing Nevel's equipment (assuming he didn't have the proper authority). The teacher that was dating Spencer probably had the most traumatic experience from iCarly. She probably lost her license, got sued, all kinds of stuff

Fireofnature

[10]Aug 24, 2011
    *shakes head* While those are good, you missed the point Vanilla. (only Carly, Spencer, Jonah, Valerie, Freddie, Sam are focused on here. A little of Jonah's father and of Sam's brother, whom she met when they went to LA are going to have any issues.) Since I'm already kinda past the chapter where Carly was ranting on and on about all the bad things that iCarly has CAUSED people (severely limited because nobody was able to provide help here -_-)...Look it's an easy question.

Principal franklin lost his job because of iCarly, why? He appeared on the show and sat on "fudge balls". Howard nearly lost his job because he said something on iCarly. Jonah and Valerie were ridiculed by students at school because of iCarly (Jonah got tougher though. Valerie...did not). Carly's biggest guilt is when Valerie's boyfriend started dating her and using what she did to iCarly as a guilt method and started abusing her. At one time Sam said Freddie never kissed a girl, everyone at school ridiculed him. iCarly has a lot of influence

So what did people do on iCarly, or what did people say/do that could have or did cause their lives to go to ruin or very negative things to happen.

RiciSmokes2

[11]Aug 24, 2011
    Jeez FON didn't know I was a nobody lol. I think both my post fitted the original criteria. Did u just ignore both of them?

Fireofnature

[12]Aug 24, 2011
    RiciSmokes2 wrote:
    Jeez FON didn't know I was a nobody lol. I think both my post fitted the original criteria. Did u just ignore both of them?

lol, in my defense, the second post I didn't catch because you posted while I was typing that long stuff . True, Ms. Ackerman would definitely have suffered quite a bit. You're the only one who's helped a bit more evidently XD

vanillacupcakes

[13]Aug 24, 2011

Lol yeah I was missing the point. I see, I see, this is what I get for not reading the post. I did have one thing I was going to say about the webshow, but then I read part of your post describing your main characters and then I went off of that with other characters that are going on the wrong path. I was going to say...all of the characters in iCarly have weird issues. xP Your story is a lot less confusing now.

Mr. Howard's marriage could have caused issues in his marriage because the "hat cam" outed his unreasonable punishments and said he hated his wife. That one isn't really a good one though.

They violated Ms. Brigg's personal stuff/property for their webshow and jab at her on the show, which could harm her self esteem.

They ruined that chef's career and hurt his pride(I forgot his name...Ricky Flame or something). Wait, that wasn't on iCarly was it?? I don't remember, I haven't seen that episode in awhile.

They hurt the DECA shoe company, although their company would be bad on its own anyways. They still lost a lot of money.

EDIT: Okay, I got a better idea. I'll stop talking, because clearly I am too tired to understand what I am writing, haha.

Edited on 08/24/2011 10:02pm

RiciSmokes2

[14]Aug 25, 2011
    It's was Ricky Flame, I remember bc it's like Bobby Flay, my favorite chef. I think him and his show Throwdown are the basis for that character. Question: Was it just me or in iTwins did Sam say that Mrs. Briggs leaves Detention and goes and makes out with Mr. Howard in the teachers' lounge? Isn't that cheating?

Fireofnature

[15]Aug 25, 2011
    Yeah that was informed, and I actually use that in my story as one of the negative things, that Mr. Howard's wife divorced him because of that statement being said on iCarly.

And you did pretty good, Vanilla, no reason to think you didn't XD

vanillacupcakes

[16]Aug 25, 2011

Lol well...I think I'm stretching it a little bit.

@Rici: I knew it sounded similar to Bobby Flay, but I wasn't sure of the first name haha. I have seen that show only a few times, but I never really thought of him as a sore loser so it bugged me. Even when he'd win, he would compliment the people he's competing against.

Edited on 08/25/2011 9:02pm

Shadowswhisper

[17]Aug 25, 2011
    • level: 2

The Ms. Ackerman one is good. I have to laugh because she's probably doing 30 years in federal prison. How many songs were on that ipod?

Not sure how to put this, but what about Carly, Sam and Freddie sneaking out to the mma fight? Spencer gets the snot knocked out of him. Carly should have been grounded till she's 18 on that one.

Fireofnature

[18]Aug 25, 2011
    That one's actually pretty good too, Spencer might have had a lot of damages and could have been killed if the fighter continued, so that's a big one.

hurr05

[19]Aug 25, 2011

oh, how about the time when, i don't know, that gigantic fan fell on lewbert's body??

Fireofnature

[20]Aug 25, 2011
    that wasn't directly caused by the webshow...