We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Is Season 4 The Last Season of iCarly?

AllieAllie

[1]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 22

I ask this because I noticed that most teen nick shows like iCarly only get 3-4 seasons. So I thought this season may be the last but I haven't heard any info about it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RomanZolanski

[2]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 12
    Technically, iCarly isn't on its fourth season yet, production wise. But in airing order, it is on its fourth season. Miranda tweeted recently that they finished filming season 3 (which was "iParty with Victorious"), and that they would film the next sometime early 2011.

Idk if this is the final season or not, or if Miranda meant that they would continue filming the rest of season 3 (for example, if this season, just like season 2, was divided in half), since so far only 12 or 13 episodes were filmed for the season.

So, to answer your question, it is still unconfirmed.

RemDiamond

[3]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 5
    We know they will be filming a minimum of 13 more episodes.

pscf3

[4]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 16
    I'm not gonna get into this again. I've already posted long posts on various threads explaining this.

AllieAllie

[5]Oct 16, 2010

Oh, ok thanks for answering ^^

sockstar

[6]Oct 16, 2010
    I think they'll do these last 13, and try to push the cast into doing another season. Even if it's a half-season of 13 more eps.

ruffmanfan88

[7]Oct 17, 2010

I don't want to gt into depth, since I explained this on several theads. There are somethings that detrim a cancellation

1 Do the actors want to go on or the show ending.

2. Does dan want to go on

3. Does nick want to go on.

4. I forget what this is supposed to be.

Okay 2-4 is not a problem for iCarly. now number 1 is a different story. the actors are getting older and it depends. I can see it working out if they want to continue.

Now depending how the other sites are dertiming the next 13 episodes that are going to be produced is going to tell us what season we are going to be in next. if dan starts the production codes with 4?? and the other sites count it as season 4 we are in good shape and will be back on track weith the production and airing seasons with the show. if not it will be a little confusing but it should be fine.

Before season 4 went into production 26 episodes were ordered. So by next year we might be in its fifth airing season and 4th production season. we will probely have this decission awhile after the start production back up. will just see and what happens. So for season 4 we might only have 13 episodes and next year season 5 will have 13 as well. Dan did say there could be more episodes after the 26 episode order is finsihed.

In my opion I can maybe seeing the show go at least 2 more years but shorter seasons. if I am not mistaking it does happen where the actors go to collage and do a tv show. I have read and saw interviews were the cast said they are doing alot more stuff. will see what happens

Edited on 10/17/2010 4:14pm

Canada_Michael

[8]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 10

I don't think they should drag out the show too long. As the actors get older and the story-lines more mature I think it will get harder to keep it a Nick show, one that fits into their viewership age range. In my opinion they are starting to head down the cousin Oliver route by adding Guppy & making Gibby a full time cast member.

Edited on 10/20/2010 8:58am

teenj12

[9]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 26
    Canada_Michael wrote:

I don't think they should drag out the show too long. As the actors get older and the story-lines more mature I think it will get harder to keep it a Nick show, one that fits into their viewership age range. In my opinion they are starting to head down the cousin Oliver route by adding Guppy & making Gibby a full time cast member.

Gibby was already basically a main cast member,now he's in the credits to make it official. Guppy is awesome.

RomanZolanski

[10]Oct 20, 2010
    Canada_Michael wrote:

When you said "cousin Oliver", I had NO IDEA what it meant, so I searched it up (and I got amazing results on the TV tropes website, same website I go to to look at iCarly innenudoes)

So basically, Guppy is the "cousin Oliver" of the show because he's young and lightens up the series? I agree

Same thing for "Buffy" when Dawn was introduced as Buffy's sister, and the same as Dil and Kimi in "Rugrats" (off-topic, I know, but I love to learn about tv and movie things).

Canada_Michael

[11]Oct 20, 2010
    Yes & no cousin Oliver on the whole is seen as a bad thing, a sign they are trying to breathe new life into a show that is ageing. When the Brady Bunch did it the show was already near its end.

Guppy is actually closer to what The Partridge Family did near the end of its run. They basically had a cute little boy who was supposed to be one of the neighbours kids randomly show up & sing a song, cute the first few times but it got old really fast.

Diamondgrl13

[12]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 6

Ohh so that'swhat it means!....*looks it up*....huh. Actually, I think that is a pretty accurate description of iCarly right now. I've been trying to find a way to describe the fact that I think iCarly is "winding down"..I think this works perfectly. It's sad but I really do think they're getting towards the end of this show. They seem to be pulling out all the stops-even to the point of the whole ISAFW episode. And I agree about Guppy. He was ADORABLE in that first episode (which, in my opinion, was the ONLY good part of the iPsycho episode!) but this last time he was starting to get a little too repetitive. They need to come up with new lines for him. He's still pretty cute though! Wink

RomanZolanski

[13]Oct 21, 2010
    ^ Has anyone ever made up any conclusions about what's gonna happen in "iPty the Nevel"? To me, I think it will be his final appearence or something, or he and Carly will make a truce after three years of fighting.

That's just what I think. Another example of his iCarly is stopping different storylines.

Diamondgrl13

[14]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 6
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    ^ Has anyone ever made up any conclusions about what's gonna happen in "iPty the Nevel"? To me, I think it will be his final appearence or something, or he and Carly will make a truce after three years of fighting.

That's just what I think. Another example of his iCarly is stopping different storylines.

I hadn't thought of that...good point! You get a gold star! lol

RomanZolanski

[15]Oct 21, 2010
    ^ Haha, thanks

And I meant "how", not "his" in the last statement.

alirk

[16]Oct 21, 2010

RomanZolanski wrote:
    Canada_Michael wrote:

When you said "cousin Oliver", I had NO IDEA what it meant, so I searched it up (and I got amazing results on the TV tropes website, same website I go to to look at iCarly innenudoes) So basically, Guppy is the "cousin Oliver" of the show because he's young and lightens up the series? I agree Same thing for "Buffy" when Dawn was introduced as Buffy's sister, and the same as Dil and Kimi in "Rugrats" (off-topic, I know, but I love to learn about tv and movie things).

I disagree about Dawn on Buffy. The show really wasn't winding down when they brought Dawn in. I think she was just brought in to add a different element to the show. Plus the main storyline of season 5 revolved around her being "The Gift."

Canada_Michael

[17]Oct 21, 2010
    Dawn was different because she was a major part of the story when she was brought on. I can understand why some would think she wasn't since after the key story was done she served very little purpose, with the exception of a few episodes IMO.

teenj12

[18]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 26
    RomanZolanski wrote:

I do think the nevel stuff is getting old.

RomanZolanski

[19]Oct 21, 2010
    Yea, I also agree that Dawn wasn't added because the show was going down (which it wasn't), but it was an example used from the website