We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Is iCarly getting too mature?

danparkerstudio

[1]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 7

Another thing.

iCarly was a somewhat ordinary sitcom when it was first broadcasted. But in later episodes in 2009 and recently, there has been a lot of mature themes.

In a recent episode, which involves the beauty pagent, Sam uses two ball to add to Carly's dress, and she mentions a not-supposed-to-be-menitoned website of where she got them from.

And another episode, which is iSaved Your Life, Mrs. Benson almost said a cursing word, which, acutally,not really.

And asides from Gibby being shirtless, and an episode with a lot of huncho guys, what do you think of this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[2]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 21
    Your thread name doesn't make much sense.

"Sam uses two ball to add to Carly's dress"
    What?

Your 3rd paragraph, I have no idea why you have added these words, "which, acutally,not really".

What you have said in all of your paragraphs, goes completely against your thread name.

Example: You said: -Thread Name: "It is so *WARM* outside".
    In your paragraph's: You said: "It is so *COLD* outside".

arnoldmcguire

[3]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 12

So that explains the rating upgrade from TV-Y7 to TV-G... well in that case they might be sexual innuendos, things little tykes won't understand anyway and due also that the show is aimed in the Teen Years (Ages 13-16 could be it).

Edited on 03/09/2010 11:16pm

MusicAddictBabe

[4]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 18
    Yeah, I noticed they upped the rating too.

katywishing100

[5]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 15

Unless you only watch Disney Channel, then hell no this show is not "to mature".

Aprilshakira

[6]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 10

I get what you mean, it has a lot of innuendos. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, because it makes teenagers more willing to watch it.

MusicAddictBabe

[7]Mar 10, 2010
    Which is probably why they do it. I mean, they do have to have a target audience and use everyday things that audience does to there advantage.

Freddimamay

[8]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 4

Yes! Mature is good, let it get more mature so us adults don't feel so strange watching and liking it

RemDiamond

[9]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 5

Freddimamay wrote:

Yes! Mature is good, let it get more mature so us adults don't feel so strange watching and liking it

Exactly! I still refuse to become a fan of icarly on my facebook page. I'd never live it down. However, I think it always had a little edge to it. I can think of two examples from the first season: the spanking in "I Stakeout" and Freddie's comment about posture and being erect. I don't recall which episode he made that remark but very funny. Plus, as the cast/characters get older, I think it'll only increase.

frontman19

[10]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 14

I actually think the maturity is good for iCarly, because when the show first came out I really didn't like it at all because it seemed immature and pointless, but during season 2 they started to focus a little more on the development of all the characters, giving the show a little more realism, which I like as an older fan.P.S I too will never become a fan of iCarly on facebook, even though I have met people my age who like the show.

MusicAddictBabe

[11]Mar 11, 2010
    Same here.

arnoldmcguire

[12]Mar 11, 2010
    Freddimamay wrote:

Well I'm 20 and I don't feel bad about watching it, in fact, Dan said before in one of his posts that it doesn't matter what age you are as long as you enjoy iCarly.

I just discovered it last year when I was on vacation in the Philippines, and that was after reading the TVtropes iCarly page. it made me curious so I watched one episode (I started w/ the ep. iStage an Intervention), and I loved it.

I'm thinking iCarly is the Gossip Girl of tween shows (note: stuff the censors don't notice ala GG), if I was right.

Aprilshakira

[13]Mar 11, 2010
    RemDiamond wrote:

Freddimamay wrote:

Exactly! I still refuse to become a fan of icarly on my facebook page. I'd never live it down. However, I think it always had a little edge to it. I can think of two examples from the first season: the spanking in "I Stakeout" and Freddie's comment about posture and being erect. I don't recall which episode he made that remark but very funny. Plus, as the cast/characters get older, I think it'll only increase.

Lol, really? All my friends know that I like iCarly.. but they make fun of me. Especially for having an unhealthy crush on Nathan Kress. In art, we call the ruler "Nathan Kress" and of course.. boys will be boys, and my guy friends try and make me do things with it.

.. Weird. o_O

marcdragicevic

[14]Mar 11, 2010
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    RemDiamond wrote:

Freddimamay wrote:

Lol, really? All my friends know that I like iCarly.. but they make fun of me. Especially for having an unhealthy crush on Nathan Kress. In art, we call the ruler "Nathan Kress" and of course.. boys will be boys, and my guy friends try and make me do things with it.

.. Weird. o_O

What things?

RemDiamond

[15]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 5
    Difference for me is I'm married, have two kids, in my thirties, and am professional that owns my own business. People wouldn't understand.

arnoldmcguire

[16]Mar 11, 2010
    Here's the link to what Dan said about "no matter how old you are, as long as you enjoy iCarly it doesn't matter" here:
    http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2009/09/over-14-and-love-icarly-no-you-are-not.html

Aprilshakira

[17]Mar 11, 2010
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    RemDiamond wrote:

Freddimamay wrote:

.. Weird. o_O

What things?

For your sake, I'm not going to tell you. But I think you get what I mean. Like everytime I use the ruler for it's true purposes, my friend goes "OH DAYUMM SHE'S TOUCHIN' NATHAN KRESS" or something like that, haha.

marcdragicevic

[18]Mar 11, 2010
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    RemDiamond wrote:

Freddimamay wrote:

.. Weird. o_O

What things?

For your sake, I'm not going to tell you. But I think you get what I mean. Like everytime I use the ruler for it's true purposes, my friend goes "OH DAYUMM SHE'S TOUCHIN' NATHAN KRESS" or something like that, haha.

That must be quite a challenge for you then.

MusicAddictBabe

[19]Mar 11, 2010
    I still don't want to tell people. I have, but I'm wary about it. I mean, I know you shouldn't be afraid to admit things like that, but you know how judgemental teens are. My school is so small, they'd figure out some way of torturing me lol. Dan doesn't care how old you are - ur rite. And he also doesn't consider it a kid's show anyway, even if Nickelodeon does. Everyone knows it's targeted more for tweens 12 and up because of the drama that does go on and jokes that kids wouldn't really understand. I'm pretty glad that it is more for our age. Idk why, I just do.

Freddimamay

[20]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 4

RemDiamond wrote:

Freddimamay wrote:

HAHA I'm a fan on my facebook-it's also in my info as one of my favorite shows-I'm so proud