We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iReminisce - Memorial Thread

MusicAddictBabe

[1]Jan 8, 2013
    • level: 18

Since iCarly's finally come to an end, eventually, so will our forum. I'd just like to say that it's been my favorite forum on this whole site. Compared to many others I've been on, it's one of the only one's I've found to be quite laid-back and welcoming to its newcomers. I know it's just a forum, but it's nice to have somewhere to go and freely talk about stuff with people who share similar interests that isn't full of snobby jerks. It's also one of the only one's I've been on that has a nice 'off-topic' thread.

Anyway, I made this thread to kind of tribute many moments we've had on this forum. For some of you, this'll probably seem rather strange. But to those of us who've joined this forum a few years back and watched this forum grow and those of us who've become comfortable enough with one another to be almost like internet friends, it'd be nice to just talk about some random moments from this forum.

Some of us have been through some awesome moments on this forum (such as the game threads and even discussing some awesome episodes that went down in iCarly history...or something) and some really...annoying...moments...(like the dang ship wars that started the dumbest arguments). And it'd be cool if any of you on here wanted to share something interesting.

Not only do we have to talk about stuff on here, but we could also talk about our favorite iCarly stuff too (as long as it's within reason, of course).

Some of us have been talking andreminiscinga lot on the iRamble thread. And someone did mention something about making a thread specifically for that. So, here it is! I would've made it sooner, but I kind of forgot.

Again, to some of you, this may not mean much. But when you can just about list some of the members you've had conversations with on here, this might be more interesting.

Also, if any of you have ever been over to the Seddie thread, you know what I'm talking about here.

One last thing...enjoy! I don't know how much longer this forum will last, but I'll stay here for as long as anyone else does (and at least until Dan's other shows start to pick up). I come on here a lot when I'm bored (or procrastinating school work). Have fun with this

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicknameless101

[2]Jan 9, 2013
    • level: 25

I still listen to the full version of the theme song and imagine characters from other shows/movies doing random stuff to it.

MusicAddictBabe

[3]Jan 9, 2013
    I haven't listened to the song in a long time, but I know what you mean because I've done that too. One of my favorite things about the show was the opening because of the montage.

*In the forth line up on my first post, it's supposed to say "Some of us have been talking AND REMINISCING A lot..." not "andreminiscinga lot". I don't know why it got strung together like that. And I know for a fact I didn't mess that up because I had to double check and make sure I spelled 'reminisce' right.

teenj12

[4]Jan 9, 2013
    • level: 26
    Thanks for making this thread MAB .

Overall, I have to say that the iCarly forum is my favorite board on TV.com. I just love the people here. Everyone has been so nice and welcoming and interesting to have convo's with, whether its about iCarly or just random talk in general. I've had so many fond memories here. From the games we played (Ban Game and The Person Below Me as notable examples), to the awesome episode discussion. I still find it funny how massively off topic the Seddie thread was , but in a way, I think it only made the iCarly forums stronger. Also for the fact that the thread wasn't JUST for Seddie, but any shipper could come in and join the fun off topic-ness xP.

Now, onto the Family List . It will be posted below as a salute to everyone on it:

Schilling - Creepy grandad

TheSchwab - Immature little brother who is spoiled.

Kristen - The runaway

MAB - The mom

Jakeo - The dad

Saylavee - The littlesister with a strong hatred for "Brother Schwab" (THAT'S HIS NAME NOW!) Hahaha.

Charmed - The oldest, responsible sister who is always stuck babysitting.

Vanilla Cupcake - The popular, artistic (cause of your icons) sister.

April - The badass sister who is perverted and always making fun of things even though she has no idea how to back it up, she just says stuff just because.

pscf3 - The jock whose "always fighting with April and the schwab."

teenj12 - The brother/rival who always corrects people on their spelling and whatnot.

NatalieTV100 - The smart one(:

LampEC - The aunt with a weird obsession of lamps.

I do believe we need to add a few more people who came after the second version was created (FON, Hurr, etc). Anyone can suggest family roles for the people not added and I'll edit this post with them.

Anyway, I miss iCarly and I will miss this forum when it is long dead as well. Until then, like MAB, I'll still be around .

MusicAddictBabe

[5]Jan 9, 2013
    No prob ^-^

I loved the random games haha. That Seddie thread has been through a lot. haha I remember how off topic it was for months. We tried to get it back on topic for a little bit...then it'd just go right back off topic again I think that was because for awhile there really wasn't anything to talk about relating to Seddie. When there was, we'd talk about it for awhile, like I said. That also helped to ease the shipping pain that hurt some of us. I mean, Seddiers and Creddiers both seemed to get along because we talked about other stuff we had in common. I was never really a full-fledged Seddier to begin with but I always went back to that thread just to see what was up with everyone.

And I still don't know how I got stuck with so many kids hahaha :$ And that's a great idea

--------------- Ok, I wanna just talk about my back story a little bit. You don't have to read it, but it might bring back some memories for some of you. If not, you might find it interesting. Eh...or you could skim it. It is pretty long lol.

Although some people were sort of iffy to get along with when I first signed up, it definitely improved. I was looking back at my old posts on the Seddie thread (since that's where a lot of us spent our time...or at least that's where a lot of random crap happened haha), and I've gotta say, I never realized how much of a suck up I was. In my defense, though, I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Seddie thread was terrible when I first started here. I'm sure a lot of people remember the notorious and endless shipping wars. Every time we all seemed to be at peace, someone just had to go and say something that would make someone else mad (and now that I look back at it and am not a wuss like I was, I can honestly say that that was complete trollsville...no matter how much people wouldn't want to admit it, if you know it'll start something, it's pretty much trolling) and they would go all ninja-defense-like on whomever "started it" and we'd be at it again. A few of us were pretty level-headed and would constantly remind people that they shouldn't waste their breathe over some couple in some show.

But anyway, the point is, the reason I feel like I was a suck up was because, when I look over some of my posts, I would try so hard to impress both parties - and for good reason, I guess. I even pointed out several times that I was trying so hard not to offend anyone and that I was "eager to please". But honestly, the more I think about it, it was only because I was new and didn't wanna make a bad impression on either side because I was new. Both sides always said how crazy and pretty much stupid the other side was and it just depressed me. I didn't want to be either of them. It felt like a gang war and I didn't want any part of that.

Ok, now I'm getting ahead of myself and making this post drag on.

But the bottom line is that I am SO glad I changed. I'm no longer afraid to voice my own opinion for fear of what anyone else on here might think. And I am SO glad that those stupid wars have ended.

Fireofnature

[6]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 13
    I was here before any of you *arches brow* Or well, most of you. I just took a break for about a year. But yeah, I will truly miss this place.

This forum was indeed the best place, and sometimes the only place you could come and really voice opinions about iCarly without fear of someone else scolding you. It's been a good ride, and I do hope everyone will be sticking around.

Who knows, when Sam and Cat starts up, maybe everyone will make their way to those forums. Who knows

MusicAddictBabe

[7]Jan 11, 2013
    haha Well then. Yeah, I didn't come on here until at least the end of 2008 or so.

I agree, though. I never truly felt that my opinion was wrong when I posted. On other sites, it's almost like people are like, "hahaha You should go fall in a hole for that comment!" On here, I feel like people are way more understanding and listen to others' opinions instead of arrogantly shooting you down just to make their opinions seem like the best.

Fireofnature

[8]Jan 11, 2013
    We just have a more mature family of posters here who are more in control of themselves XD

MusicAddictBabe

[9]Jan 14, 2013
    That is a really good point.

Does anybody else remember that argument we had with Schilling in I think it was the 'Which Girl Should Freddie Date" thread?

nicknameless101

[10]Jan 14, 2013
    • level: 25

MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    That is a really good point. Does anybody else remember that argument we had with Schilling in I think it was the 'Which Girl Should Freddie Date" thread?
    Yeah, I think I still remember it. That guy really took the fun out of that topic.

MusicAddictBabe

[11]Jan 15, 2013
    haha He really did. Although, it was kinda funny, in a way.

marcdragicevic

[12]Feb 6, 2013
    • level: 21
    Been a long ride. iRamble has been one of my favourite threads on this board.

teenj12

[13]Apr 5, 2013

Okay, I found the most current family tree list,

How did I miss this?:

Kristen - The runaway

MAB - The mom

Jakeo - The dad

Saylavee - The little sister with a strong hatred for "Brother Schwab" (THAT'S HIS NAME NOW!) Hahaha.

April - The badass sister who is perverted and always making fun of things even though she has no idea how to back it up, she just says stuff just because.

pscf3 - The jock whose "always fighting with April and the schwab.

teenj12 - The brother/rival who always corrects people on their spelling and whatnot.

NatalieTV100 - The smart one

Hurr05: The long lost twin sister of teenj12 who makes hilarious jokes.

FireofNature: Our cousin who sees deeper meaning into every single thing.

Rici: The grandma of the family who is very sensible and wise.

ruffmanfan88: The cousin who visits often that's a technician and activist in protesting

Stui8: The lost cousin who always visits.

Edited on 04/05/2013 9:47am

Fireofnature

[14]Apr 7, 2013
    Haha I like mine XD

marcdragicevic

[15]Aug 19, 2013
    Haha, that's an interesting list you got there.

teenj12

[16]Aug 19, 2013
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Haha, that's an interesting list you got there.
    Thanks and omg you're not on it! Let me fix that:

Kristen - The runaway

MAB - The mom

Jakeo - The dad

Saylavee - The little sister with a strong hatred for "Brother Schwab" (THAT'S HIS NAME NOW!) Hahaha.

pscf3 - The jock whose "always fighting with April and the schwab.

NatalieTV100 - The smart one

Hurr05: The long lost twin sister of teenj12 who makes hilarious jokes.

FireofNature: Our cousin who sees deeper meaning into every single thing.

Rici: The grandma of the family who is very sensible and wise.

ruffmanfan88: The cousin who visits often that's a technician and activist in protesting

Stui8: The lost cousin who always visits.

Marcdragicevic: The aussie cousin who likes to be in the position of power in the family.

marcdragicevic

[17]Aug 20, 2013
    LMAO... haha.

I'd actually felt a bit happy that I wasn't on that list.

teenj12

[18]Aug 21, 2013
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    LMAO... haha.

I'd actually felt a bit happy that I wasn't on that list.
    Lol yeah, we're a pretty strange list of relatives huh? .

marcdragicevic

[19]Aug 23, 2013
    Haha, absolutely. Things have changed so much on this site, people come and go.

teenj12

[20]Aug 23, 2013
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Haha, absolutely. Things have changed so much on this site, people come and go.
    Yeah I definitely miss the old days on this site. A lot has changed, but I'll never forget how much fun the ride has been .