We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

"IQ" Discussion

KJLwriter

[61]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 8
    Well, I still think it's funny that she spells Russia wrong. It's not bad writing. It's just good comedy, you know? Besides, it's not that big of a deal. It's just something funny. It was meant to be funny. It wasn't mean to get everyone worked up about it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pscf3

[62]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 16
    This was much better than I expected. iCarly is back!!!! T-Bo was hilarious, and it's cool to see the Bensons' living room. The vacuum cleaner picture was funny. And in Victorious, Helen gave sikowitz a coffee maker for being a teacher ten years. xD

vanillacupcakes

[63]Oct 1, 2011
    Ehh, it was alright. I liked the chicken part.
    Idk there wasn't much to the plots. It felt like there should have been more to the story. Compared to episodes like iPity the Nevel or iGet Pranky it was just ehhh. There also didn't seem to be much promotion on this episode. I still love the title though lol.

CaptainKrueger

[64]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 5

I like the title because it reminds me of one of my shows. I liked this episode's humor better than the last few (except for the Carly "dumb" jokes), but it was an okay ep. But, seriously, I thought Carly was smarter than that?

vanillacupcakes

[65]Oct 1, 2011
    Does anybody else ship Sam and the fork right now? Even more than Sam/Ham?

83optics

[66]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 6

learned:

* big words = big game

* so, sex is two circles and a stuck-out tongue. thanks, t-bo!

* was that the first time they showed that section of the apartment, that scene with carly and spencer there?

* lubed-up big forking > spooning

* t-bo's thriller dance, lol

* as a google scholar myself, i really related to this episode

KJLwriter

[67]Oct 1, 2011
    I liked this episode. It was funny. Though, it seemed a little weird that Freddie and Sam didn't even feel weird around each other. I mean, they just broke up. I would've thought they would've been a little weird around each other, but they weren't. That's okay though. Well, the humor was good. The foreign film part was funny. "Two more hours!" hahaha! Also, T-Bo was funny. He's always funny though. Also, I can see that with the safe, there will be another safe inside the little safe Spencer finally got out of the big safe. Then, there will be another safe, and another until there is really nothing there at all. That's funny! I found that funny. Oh, and Victorious was good also. I thought it was funny, but why was Beck and Jade fighting? It never really explained that. I want to know!

teenj12

[68]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 26
    I loved this episode ^^ . It was very funny! Lol at Carly's date scene, tat was hilarious! An who spells russia wrong? Sam and Freddie acting as if they never went out . Lol at the intervention scene between Tbo and Ms. Benson. Finally Tbo gets some spotlight^^.

KJLwriter

[69]Oct 2, 2011
    T-Bo was amazing in this episode! I love T-Bo. He's so cool and laid-back.

UnovaChampion

[70]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 19
    Ah yes, decent episode except for ever so annoying Carly.

Oh, and...BOOMER!

AllieAllie

[71]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 22

Did anyone notice the names of one of the movies on the movie billboard in the episode was Ick Scholkma? Like the movie that Josh's foreign pen pal liked on Drake and Josh?

pscf3

[72]Oct 2, 2011
    I think that was the movie they saw. Not sure though. (fixed the name, too.)

--------------
    AllieAllie wrote:

Did anyone notice the names of one of the movies on the movie billboard in the episode was Ick Gholkma? Like the movie that Josh's foreign pen pal liked on Drake and Josh?

vanillacupcakes

[73]Oct 2, 2011
    @Allie: I noticed that, but this one is slightly different because it isn't a Udonian one like Drake and Josh's movie was.

@Unova: I love Carly, and she WAS really funny, but she is still kind of shallow. She seems so desperate for a boyfriend that she doesn't care what he's saying. She just wants a pretty boyfriend is all. Haha, it's adorable and funny in a way though. Everybody has their flaws, but usually it leads to character development. So hopefully that will go away in the future when she gets a steady boyfriend instead of a boyfriend of the week. It did annoy me that Carly could have easily used context clues for some words she didn't know when she was listening to what he was saying. Oh well. Carly's boyfriend annoyed me SO MUCH. He wasn't even very smart, he just like to think he is smart by using complex diction. He was just a stuck up douche. I hate when people think they're smart and try to show it off(well, besides Sheldon Cooper of course). I hate how Carly liked him anyways. She deserves so much better. Plus she wasn't acting like herself around him(like most of the guys she has been with lately).

RiciSmokes2

[74]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 7
    Carly is horribly shallow. Poor Carly, sadly desperate. I didn't think the guy was thatttt bad, usually when someone uses an extensive vocabulary in favor of more simpler diction I assume pretentious. But I've found there are people who talk that way, especially foreigners. (He had an accent right?) He seemed at ease with his conversation, As if everyone he knew carried on conversations in that way. Overall a pretty good episode.

Fireofnature

[75]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 13
    I kind of thought the boyfriend was annoying, he wasn't very smart if he talked like that and just assumed people would know what the hell he was saying. I think he could have used a bit of a reality check.

Carly too, she is a bit shallow. "Flavor of the week" is a song that might fit her. She's so picky, that she only cares for the surface. We've seen this throughout all of the show, so why wouldn't she go through some character development here? Instead, she asks her brother to bloody his own nose.....real mature.

I'm pretty sure if she had the right mindset she would have said "hey, I can't understand a word you're saying, so maybe if you...Dumbed it down for me? If you talk like that, I can't see how this is going to work out."

Oh, and on an unrelated note, now it'll have been a year since I left my ex. Amazingly, I'm not being flooded by memories and flashbacks. I'm amazed by how well this day has been going. Though I have been nauseous all day.

Shadowswhisper

[76]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 2

The current ICarly reminds me of a sticom that was on some time back. But I just can't put a finger on a name right now. It's strange.

Anyway, as for episode, it was okay. Carly was cute. Sam and Freddie still act like they're together (after the honeymoon phase). And probably are. The whole T-Bo and Mrs Benson thing really bothered me though. I'm sure somebody else has mentioned this, but I kept thinking why does Mrs. Benson need money? A chicken thing? What happened to the $100,000.00 in palladium she had a few episodes back? The Snidley Snograss dude was just annoying.

Sam's lubed fork, ready for a meal to break out, was funny. Good line.

Overall C+. Probably would have scored higher, and I realize that continuity is hit and miss, but the money issue still has me puzzled. What happened to that brick of palladium?

RiciSmokes2

[77]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 7
    Only in America do we suggest for people to dumb it down, and pick at people who use their large vocabularies. Lol. It wasn't hard to follow what he was saying. I think they made Carly look a little too dumb. It's SAT time for her, she needs to be beefing up on her vocabulary.

Fireofnature

[78]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 13
    RiciSmokes2 wrote:
    Only in America do we suggest for people to dumb it down, and pick at people who use their large vocabularies. Lol. It wasn't hard to follow what he was saying. I think they made Carly look a little too dumb. It's SAT time for her, she needs to be beefing up on her vocabulary.

True, she is coming pretty close to the SAT, but I think it was on the guy in this round. I mean, she may be smart in other matters, but hell, I found myself wondering what the hell the guy was saying half the time! I don't think we can fault Carly for being dumb here

UnovaChampion

[79]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 19
    No, Carly was the stupid one.

Though I admit the dude was getting a bit over the top with his intellectual crap, we get it, your smart, but if you believed Carly was intelligent for 5 seconds, I don't know where your head was at.

teenj12

[80]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 26
    Carly should have been straight up. There could have been a different outcome We don't know how dumb that girl was he dated.