We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iGet Banned Episode Discussion

alexspotsme

[1]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 15

Well... who enjoyed this episode? Kind of bland in my opinion, because it felt quite ordinary. A little "too" ordinary.

I did enjoy the connection development between Carly and T-Bo, because she was getting tired of him coming over her place and wearing her clothes and such. Then they get in a fight, and Carly realizes he has it tough at Mrs. Benson's place. So that was pretty nice.

Freddie and Gibby had a really sloppy subplot. And typical of boys to do something just to make girls like them.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BrookeParker

[2]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 12
    Kinda beat me to it. Lol. Although I DID post a review about it. ANYWAY, it was funny. T-Bo saying "Aaaaaaaay!" was very funny and him mentioning Spencer's style as also funny. A BIT harsh, but funny. Lol. Mrs. Benson kinda seems to get weirder and weirder. LOL. Sam and Spencer were their usual selves, but kinda with a twist. Gibby (or should I say 'Gibbaaaaay' lol) and Freddie starting a band to impress the girls was kinda interesting. But they didn't have to impress them. Kinda cliched. Just sayin. Poor Carly. Lol. There were other things I thought about as well.

83optics

[3]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* that was no lemon party.

* i think we'd all like to know what T-Bo was doing with Carly's shirt.

* Sam is a Jedi...and the world is doomed.

* protein boost, pull it out, spit it out, talking near a butt...

* loved the Floors logo as a tribute of the Doors logo

Edited on 10/13/2012 6:43pm

alexspotsme

[4]Oct 14, 2012
    Oh yeah! I laughed my head off when Sam said "These are not the droids you are looking for...". Oh Sam. That was a good part in last night's episode.

loey12886

[5]Oct 14, 2012
    • level: 10
    I know Nathan's girlfriend was in this episode but which one was she, because there were two girls there?

nicknameless101

[6]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 25

Oh man, I missed this episode because my TV wasn't working.

pokemonmonmon

[7]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 5

it was a decent episodes and some parts made me laugh btu all in all, it was a pretty regular episode...meh

marcdragicevic

[8]Oct 16, 2012
    • level: 21
    I actually enjoyed the episode and thought it was quite funny especially the part where Freddie and Gibby had to find a way out of the situation.

teenj12

[9]Oct 18, 2012
    • level: 26

So I caught the episode on Youtube and I think it was okay...but idk, it could of been better.

Carly/Tbo: It was funny when Tbo told her she was banned from the Groovy Smoothie, then pulled down that poster xD and Carly was all like "You had that made?!" . Then the Mrs.Benson stuff. I think she needs to calm down on some of the things she does.

Freddie/Gibby: I hated Gibby in this episode. He was definitely on his high horse. Seriously, he's become so conceited. The whole band thing was stupid. Sam was the funniest thing in this entire plot, but I do think it wasn't necessary for her to do that to Freddie and Gibby. Kinda random. Then at the end when Gibby actually punched Freddie out cold. That was mean. Gibby knew what he was doing.

Overall, kinda a forgettable episode..idk I'd give it a B or 8/10. I expect iFind Spencer Friends to be much better.

Edited on 10/18/2012 8:27am

marcdragicevic

[10]Oct 19, 2012
    Is it just me or has Gibby dropped 30 IQ points between seasons?

teenj12

[11]Oct 20, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Is it just me or has Gibby dropped 30 IQ points between seasons?
    Totally.

alexspotsme

[12]Oct 20, 2012
    ^ I'll triple agree with that.

teenj12 wrote:

So I caught the episode on Youtube and I think it was okay...but idk, it could of been better.

Carly/Tbo: It was funny when Tbo told her she was banned from the Groovy Smoothie, then pulled down that poster xD and Carly was all like "You had that made?!" . Then the Mrs.Benson stuff. I think she needs to calm down on some of the things she does.

Freddie/Gibby: I hated Gibby in this episode. He was definitely on his high horse. Seriously, he's become so conceited. The whole band thing was stupid. Sam was the funniest thing in this entire plot, but I do think it wasn't necessary for her to do that to Freddie and Gibby. Kinda random. Then at the end when Gibby actually punched Freddie out cold. That was mean. Gibby knew what he was doing.

Overall, kinda a forgettable episode..idk I'd give it a B or 8/10. I expect iFind Spencer Friends to be much better.

I dunno, 8/10 seems a little too nice. xD But I'm not one to critique one's own critique. I would have actually given this episode a 4/10.

teenj12

[13]Oct 20, 2012
    alexspotsme wrote:
    ^ I'll triple agree with that.

teenj12 wrote:

I dunno, 8/10 seems a little too nice. xD But I'm not one to critique one's own critique. I would have actually given this episode a 4/10.
    8/10 is a lot too nice for this episode xD, but iCarly is one of my favorite shows, so I give it that extra grade if its a bad episode. In all honestly I'd probably give it a 7.5/10 or 7.9/10.

marcdragicevic

[14]Oct 31, 2012
    I'm glad people agree. I wonder if Gibby had a serious knock to the head.

vanillacupcakes

[15]Nov 8, 2012
    • level: 16
    I hate how sidekick characters get a major lobotomy after a few seasons of a show. They always start off naive and then end up plain ol' stupid. Or they start off quirky, but 2 seasons later are flat out WEIRD. Or, sometimes over time they become caricatures of themselves, and the things that made the character awesome in the first place is exaggerated. Then it's just too much of a good thing, so it's way over the top and annoying. Cat from Victorious, Chelsea from That's So Raven, and Joey from Friends first come to my mind, but it happens with all sorts of shows. It should really be the other way around. The writers should realize a character is too much, and tone it down. For example, in "New Girl" they were still working out all of their characters. They made Jess more bearable and Schmidt less of a jerk, and now the show is more popular. Everybody loved Gibby, Cat, Spencer, etc. It stuck. Dan should have left it like that. Instead, he just wanted to take advantage of that and put it way over the top. You'd THINK he'd tone them down now that there have been complaints. But NO. He makes Gibby even more obnoxious he causes major conflicts in the episodes, puts his "catchphrase" in MORE, and took away the one thing Gibby fans liked (him taking off his shirt). So yeah, Gibby went from an innocently naive and silly guy to somebody so dumb you are wondering if he is a real, breathing human being.

I just caught the episode now, and I thought it was okay. Like teenj said, it was pretty forgettable. I can't even remember many highlights of this episode. Probably Sam, but her part of the episode was pretty short. I like how the title tied in both plots though.

teenj12

[16]Nov 8, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I hate how sidekick characters get a major lobotomy after a few seasons of a show. They always start off naive and then end up plain ol' stupid. Or they start off quirky, but 2 seasons later are flat out WEIRD. Or, sometimes over time they become caricatures of themselves, and the things that made the character awesome in the first place is exaggerated. Then it's just too much of a good thing, so it's way over the top and annoying. Cat from Victorious, Chelsea from That's So Raven, and Joey from Friends first come to my mind, but it happens with all sorts of shows. It should really be the other way around. The writers should realize a character is too much, and tone it down. For example, in "New Girl" they were still working out all of their characters. They made Jess more bearable and Schmidt less of a jerk, and now the show is more popular. Everybody loved Gibby, Cat, Spencer, etc. It stuck. Dan should have left it like that. Instead, he just wanted to take advantage of that and put it way over the top. You'd THINK he'd tone them down now that there have been complaints. But NO. He makes Gibby even more obnoxious he causes major conflicts in the episodes, puts his "catchphrase" in MORE, and took away the one thing Gibby fans liked (him taking off his shirt). So yeah, Gibby went from an innocently naive and silly guy to somebody so dumb you are wondering if he is a real, breathing human being.

You hit the nail right on the coffin Vanilla.

RiciSmokes2

[17]Nov 8, 2012
    • level: 7
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having to catch up on episodes. This episode was okay, not bad but not awesomely funny. I totally agree about the exaggeration of the characters, I wonder if they run out of ideas or something. The only thing I disagree with is about zany Jess, I really miss her. Kryptonite is my favorite episode bc it's all about crazy Jess and douchey Schmidt. I think they diluted them too much, and I think it's part of the reason why the ratings are down. But I do wonder if Cat is a little too stupid, but I still really like her.

vanillacupcakes

[18]Nov 10, 2012
    • level: 16
    ^Haha yeah, it seems like a lot of the fandom has missed out on a lot of episodes. Whoops.
    Ahh, interesting. I liked the show ever since Jess got more normal ("The Landlord" and every episode after that). I think before, the show was more about zany Jess and the other guys reacting to the weirdness. Now that she's more normal, it's more of an ensemble cast all being quirky in their different ways. I still think Jess is still bizarre enough and Schmidt is still a douche. But interesting to think they have the opposite problem. Can't tv writers find a place in between?? Same goes with Cat. I still like her, but I liked season 1 Cat more. When somebody asked Dan on twitter why Cat changed so much, he was confused. He replied with, "Changed how?" I guess he doesn't realize it?

nicknameless101

[19]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 25

This episode was kind of dumb, especially with the fact that Gibby lied to some girls that he and Freddie were in a band, but I liked that Carly understood what T-Bo's going through and that they made up in the end.

marcdragicevic

[20]Nov 19, 2012
    Haha, most guys tend to lie about though things but this time they were caught out big time.