We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

ICarly - The Actual Web Site Discussion Thread

iskabibble07

[1]May 17, 2008
    • level: 13

Ok we have lots of threads about the TV show. But this one is to talk about ICarly the actual web site. There are quite a few clips there of things on there that are not on the show. I was just watching some of them and the ones I watched had just Sam and Spencer and Freddie in them. While I always miss Carly, they were still cool bc I like all 3 of them. But I noticed the relationships seemed a bit different. Does the behavior of the characters on these clips give us more "canon" as the shippers like to say? I think it does!

Also what do you like about the web site and could be done to make it better. Andrea I will leave it to you whether you want to make this the "official" thread about ICarly the web site.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zulaz

[2]May 17, 2008
    well, i HAVE noticed that the website shows more of Freddie and Sam...than having Carly in it. theres probably like..5-6 clips on carly in it..while the rest of them are Freddie/Sam/Spencer. soo...ya....

Wedgie317

[3]May 17, 2008
    Can people not talk about anything involving Sam/Freddie or Nathan/ Jennette? Just please talk about the website itself. On topic about the website, I go there a lot. I love to see the new vids posted up whether it's by the cast of iCarly or sent in by fans. Everything is just so funny.

AndreaMSkate

[4]May 17, 2008
    • level: 49
    Good thread idea! I don't visit that site very often...I should check it out.

And yeah, this will be the one thread for iCarly website discussion...that's what I mean by "official." It's up to you whether or not you want to put it in the title.

iskabibble07

[5]May 18, 2008
    As Carly would say - Yay. I'm glad you liked the thread idea. And yeah Wedgie mostly about the web site and the different clips and things you can do there. The one thing I noticed on the new clips is that the hostility between Sam and Freddie is like not there. I particularly liked learning that Sam sleeps over at the Shays once a week and in the middle of the night she and Sam and Freddie get up to do something fun together like wake up Spencer. Funny.

Sandy-ego303

[6]May 18, 2008
    I really like that website. My favorite part is the Wakeup Spencer clips! They are so hilarious! I also like the blogs were Carly, Sam, Freddie and Spencer all give stories on their lives outside of iCarly. Spencer's have always made me laugh. I really recommend this website whether or not you've seen the show.

iskabibble07

[7]May 19, 2008

Sandy-ego303 wrote:
    I really like that website. My favorite part is the Wakeup Spencer clips! They are so hilarious! I also like the blogs were Carly, Sam, Freddie and Spencer all give stories on their lives outside of iCarly. Spencer's have always made me laugh. I really recommend this website whether or not you've seen the show.

Wake up Spencer is a bit funny although it a little bit victimizes Spencer which isn't that cool. But we learn a few things. One is that Sam sleeps over at Carly's at least once a week so many times more than that. We know they wait until Carly is asleep so this is something Sam and Freddie cooked up that Carly would not approve of. We can assume that Sam does not sleep in Carly's room or it would be hard for her to sneak out so that would put her on the couch, makes sense. We know from the clips that the prank usually happens between 3 and 4 a.m., a good 4-5 hours after everybody settles down to sleep.

We also know from the clip where they introduce the idea to us talking to the camera that Freddie comes over. So he does sleep in the Shay's apartment with Carly, Sam and Spencer. But somehow the two of them have a way of signaling each other that its time for the prank. Either Sam wakes up and calls Spencer, maybe texts him so his phone vibrates and does not wake his mom or Freddie somehow wakes himself up and just goes over.

That is a lot of planning and giggling and sneaking around Sam and Freddie are doing only with each other esp when you consider that they are supposed to, in theory, dislike each other. Seddie people, have a field day with this one!

DC-Dude

[8]May 21, 2008
    • level: 26
    I love the Briarwood Rejection Letter!!!!!

lilatp

[9]May 21, 2008
    • level: 8
    I love everything about the site, but I sometimes notice that if you watch the videos when they are doing the webshow some of the things they do or say are cut out of the actual episode on TV weired huh.Like in iWant a World Record when Carly/Sam (one of them) tells Freddie to say "yo" to the people he starts going on-an-on about saying yo, and like Sam says something like "Nice turn you camera to the stars would ya", and Freddie says something after that (I can't really remember), but any way's that wasn't in the episode they cut out what Freddie says.I always wondered why the did that.

AndreaMSkate

[10]May 21, 2008
    haha iCrush It was cute.

iskabibble07

[11]May 25, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    haha iCrush It was cute.
    Hey what am I sitting on is crazy too. lol

sunnstar7

[12]May 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    zulaz wrote:
    well, i HAVE noticed that the website shows more of Freddie and Sam...than having Carly in it. theres probably like..5-6 clips on carly in it..while the rest of them are Freddie/Sam/Spencer. soo...ya....

I'm sure that's because Miranda Cosgrove is more famous and has less time to film things like that. I think. =)

zulaz

[13]May 25, 2008
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    zulaz wrote:

I'm sure that's because Miranda Cosgrove is more famous and has less time to film things like that. I think. =)

yeah true. she's probably more busy than the other guys. but...if she does want to get more famous, she would normally want to be in those videos, since people who watch icarly, watch those videos. but i do enjoy watching Sam/Freddie/Spencer in those videos more than Carly in them lol >_>

sunnstar7

[14]May 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    LOL, same here! Carly's videos usually aren't as funny, I don't know why.

zulaz

[15]May 25, 2008
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    LOL, same here! Carly's videos usually aren't as funny, I don't know why.

becuase she's too serious =P

iskabibble07

[16]May 25, 2008
    One thing that is cute but strange are some of the clip of Carly and Sam as little girls, usually playing with Spencer. Those little girls really do look like the two characters and seem to have the characters down as well. It is pretty beleivable. I wonder where they found little girls so perfect for those new roles. It would be fun to see them use those younger actresses in flashback scenes on the TV show itself.

AndreaMSkate

[17]May 25, 2008
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    zulaz wrote:

Yeah kind of how like Jamie Lynn Spears often wasn't in any of the podcasts with the rest of the cast. She was sometimes, but nowhere near as much. Miranda isn't quite on the same level of celebrity, but she's definitely more well known than the rest of them.

iskabibble07

[18]May 25, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    zulaz wrote:
    Yeah kind of how like Jamie Lynn Spears often wasn't in any of the podcasts with the rest of the cast. She was sometimes, but nowhere near as much. Miranda isn't quite on the same level of celebrity, but she's definitely more well known than the rest of them.
    Well I caught a little of the epi of dance on sunset she was on. I was thinking, ummm, Miranda, stick to ICarly. lol Yeah, it would be nice if we saw more of Carly on the web clips. But I like Sam, Spencer and Freddie just as much as Carly so I am happy to see them do the comedy. I just hope Miranda isnt getting to big for her shorts to do the work to make both the web site and the show a success.
    Edited on 05/25/2008 3:47pm

zulaz

[19]May 25, 2008
    they dont do the webshows that much on icarly. video wise. they only release like...1-2 videos a week, and their no more than 2 mins long.

iskabibble07

[20]May 25, 2008
    zulaz wrote:
    they dont do the webshows that much on icarly. video wise. they only release like...1-2 videos a week, and their no more than 2 mins long.
    I know. The actual web site is not nearly as fascinating, busy and full of features as the TV show implies it is. And the content gets stale pretty fast. Although I enjoy re-watching a lot of the clips, the site is not the least bit interactive and there isn't new stuff there all the time. If the web site was nearly as active as this forum, it would be a lot more interesting. I know that is not really possible with the four stars busy with the show. But there is alot that could be done to make ICarly the web site better than it is.
    Edited on 05/25/2008 4:51pm