We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

How much longer do u think iCarly will last?

how much longer do u think it will last?

RiciSmokes2

[101]Dec 30, 2011
    • level: 7
    I want to meet the missing parents or hear about them at least in this last season. I want everyone to have successful careers afterward, bc I hate when they go on to suck after. I love when shows get to choose to end, instead of cancellation. ( I don't blame the stations for canceling it is a business after all) So I'm glad iCarly is going to end on a semi-good ratings level.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[102]Dec 30, 2011
    • level: 16
    I kind of wanted to hear about the missing parents Hey Arnold! style, but Dan did say it wasn't likely.
    http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2009/05/30-questions-30-answers-from-dan.html (go to question #13)

For some reason I want a prom episode(yeah, I'm cheesy) and possibly a cheesy graduation series finale. Although I don't mind if neither happens. I'm pretty sure this season is their junior year, so it would make sense next season is their senior year right? I think next season would be the perfect time to end it. One thing I love about Dan's shows is that they all ended on a high note. I think it's the perfect time for the actors to move on.

hurr05

[103]Dec 31, 2011
    • level: 10

yeah they're about to be done with iCarly. *tear, tear* but do you guys wonder about all these child stars? after they've had their fame for, what, 6 or 7 years on tv, then they get older and can't find anymore roles. do you think that'll happen with these iCarly ppl?

btw, I was watching a video of the cast doing a table read early in the morning...NATHAN KRESS HAS 5:00 SHADOW!!! eww! rofl

alexspotsme

[104]Dec 31, 2011
    • level: 15
    I also would like a Graduation around the finale, although I wouldn't like it to be the series finale. Since nowadays, they barely use the time in episodes to show the kids at school anymore. I also haven't seen crazy Ms. Briggs in a episode since 2010.

I'm at least looking forward to seeing how the show will come to an ending conclusion.

KJLwriter

[105]Dec 31, 2011
    • level: 8
    I read in an interview with Miranda that the show will probably end after the next season. She wants to go to college. She said she started the show when she was thirteen. She's eighteen now. She has had fun on the show, but all good things come to an end eventually. It is true. The show can't last forever. I would be fine with it ending after the next season. Season 6, right? I mean, it is a good show, but they're all getting older. Miranda should go to college if she wants to do that.

vanillacupcakes

[106]Jan 1, 2012
    ^From the interview I heard, Miranda wants to go to college at USC while still acting. She said she has a friend who goes to USC and films for a movie when she's not in class. It's just the "acting" she wants to do would not be iCarly, it would be some other project. I have no idea how they will conclude it, I just want everything wrapped up without it the whole episodel having them "reminisce" with clips of preexisting episodes(maybe a short montage in the end or something but honestly I want NEW material for something that big).

@hurr: Ugh, I hate when Nathan doesn't shave, it makes him look homeless.
    I think there are a lot of child stars with extremely successful careers(f.e. Natalie Portman, Jodie Foster, Christian Bale, etc). It's just Nickelodeon stars that don't make it very far. They are just ehhhh. I don't see any of them becoming really huge, but hopefully they don't focus so much on their music careers and do some movie roles people would enjoy. They could become moderately successful.

I agree, it's time for it to end. I need a replacement for this show. I don't remember a time where I did not love a Dan Schneider show(except when Drake and Josh ended and I didn't like iCarly or Zoey 101 back then). Victorious can not replace iCarly to me. Something about it seems too lackluster. Whatever this "new show" is, it better be freaking amazing. And Jerry Trainor needs to do something else that isn't TUFF Puppy so I can watch it and be super obsessed over it.

pscf3

[107]Jan 1, 2012
    alexspotsme wrote:
    I also would like a Graduation around the finale, although I wouldn't like it to be the series finale. Since nowadays, they barely use the time in episodes to show the kids at school anymore. I also haven't seen crazy Ms. Briggs in a episode since 2010.

I'm at least looking forward to seeing how the show will come to an ending conclusion.

In Mrs. Briggs defense, there has only been like 10 episodes since 2010.

teenj12

[108]Jan 1, 2012
    • level: 26
    Lol wow xD

KJLwriter

[109]Jan 1, 2012
    @vanillacupcakes I heard that she was thinking about either USC or NYU. Either way, I think the show will be ending after the sixth season. It's okay though. I'm kind of getting excited for Dan's new show. I don't even know what it is about, but I know it will be great because it is coming from Dan. I hope iCarly will end with them graduating from high school or something like that. I mean, I bet the iCarly web show would end with them going off to college. I want the show to end with something like that too. Oh, and Spencer needs to get married. That girl from iStill Psycho seemed good for him.

Ruffmanfan882

[110]Jan 1, 2012
    • level: 6
    Noah did say that they will be producing more than 13 episodes this time around and Dan did confirm that he will be producing both shows at once now. The next season is due to start up within the next month. I really do like iCarly and all shows have to come to an end sometime. It does seem though the casts enjoy doing it though. It would be kind of shocking if the show does get picked up for another season. At least the show will end with more than 109 episodes if it ends this year.

KJLwriter

[111]Jan 1, 2012
    I'm sure the last day of filming for the show will be emotional for everyone. I would really like to be on one of Dan's shows. I would love it so much, and I could easily be on it. Maybe I will audition for a show for him sometime in the future.

marcdragicevic

[112]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 21
    @KJLwriter Yeah, I agree with you there. There will def. be a lot of tears and crying from Miranda and Jennette especially. It will be a tough day for them all. Nathan may even shed one maybe. Would also love to be on his show as well. Meanwhile, I do think there is only one more production cycle left. So probably finished shooting iCarly for good in September or around then.

alexspotsme

[113]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 15
    When a show is mega popular, and it's about to end in production, there's definitely going to be tears shed I would too if I were in the shoes of the iCarly cast/crew.

It's not always easy to say goodbye to people you've worked with for a long time, and had a great ride all together.

KJLwriter

[114]Jan 2, 2012
    Yeah, I understand that bond. It's always that way at cast parties after shows for me. Everyone always cries during the senior speeches. I would love to be on a show produced by Dan.

marcdragicevic

[115]Jan 2, 2012
    Dan should probably tape the speeches and put them on his youtube channel, if it's alright with all the others.

hurr05

[116]Jan 2, 2012

well now the question becomes...Dan, what show are you gonna do next?? Watch him do a show about Guppy. Remember I called it!! if I'm wrong, and someone else called it first...sorry

Ruffmanfan882

[117]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 6
    hurr05 wrote:

well now the question becomes...Dan, what show are you gonna do next?? Watch him do a show about Guppy. Remember I called it!! if I'm wrong, and someone else called it first...sorry

Dan allready has announce he is planning to do another show for 2012.

pscf3

[118]Jan 3, 2012
    Too quick, IMO. I won't be watching, I know.

hurr05

[119]Jan 4, 2012

Ruffmanfan882 wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

Dan allready has announce he is planning to do another show for 2012.
    yes...and my question was, "what show?" -___-

@pscf, yeah wayyy too quick. gosh how i miss 90s nick

marcdragicevic

[120]Jan 4, 2012
    Don't know what the show is called or what's it's about yet. I wish we knew.