We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

How much longer do u think iCarly will last?

how much longer do u think it will last?

RiciSmokes2

[81]Aug 31, 2011
    • level: 7
    People. As long as Spongebob reruns make it in the top 25 of all cable shows in total viewers, it's not being canceled. Just bc u old people don't like it anymore, doesn't mean anything to nick. Kids (like my nephews) have taken your place as viewers, and they love the new episodes. So much so that they beg you for hours to buy them a million Spongebob things, backpacks, birthday cakes, toys, etc. Just accept it, the Spongebob people don't care about your enjoyment of the show any longer, bc you wont go out and buy their stuff, like a 5 year old will.
    Edited on 08/31/2011 2:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pokemonmonmon

[82]Aug 31, 2011
    • level: 5
    the above posted makes a good point. as long as a show has good ratings and is reaching its target audience they show will go on. even if it has derailed in quality, they unfortunately will not cancel it as long as it gets ratings

stui8

[83]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 30

I guess your right. I mean look at Pokemon....

mnman

[84]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 16

i think the 5th season will be it. this show really isn't that good now.

alexspotsme

[85]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 15
    I only hope for iCarly to stretch out to 2013 (broadcast wise) with Six Seasons aired. So, with the 5th season on right now, I'm hoping for one more additional season at least.

I also doubt that Dan will leave Nickelodeon, since he's been around sine the beginning of live action shows.

As far as I know, Dan has never made a bad show on Nick. I'm even glad that iCarly has gone past the traditional 3 seasons in 4 year plan (for example, when it started, 2007-2010) which is the average amount of seasons/years most successful shows last. Now iCarly has gone beyond that. Sure it's different, and changed, but it's still enjoyable throughout the episodes. I especially loved the big movie events like iStart A Fan War & iParty With Victorious.

I can only wonder who will get their own show after the iCarly/Victorious saga.

teenj12

[86]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 26
    alexspotsme wrote:
    I only hope for iCarly to stretch out to 2013 (broadcast wise) with Six Seasons aired. So, with the 5th season on right now, I'm hoping for one more additional season at least.

I also doubt that Dan will leave Nickelodeon, since he's been around sine the beginning of live action shows.

As far as I know, Dan has never made a bad show on Nick. I'm even glad that iCarly has gone past the traditional 3 seasons in 4 year plan (for example, when it started, 2007-2010) which is the average amount of seasons/years most successful shows last. Now iCarly has gone beyond that. Sure it's different, and changed, but it's still enjoyable throughout the episodes. I especially loved the big movie events like iStart A Fan War & iParty With Victorious.

I can only wonder who will get their own show after the iCarly/Victorious saga.

^Yea, me too.

pscf3

[87]Nov 28, 2011
    Now I kinda hope it doesn't go much longer. I haven't seen it in months, and I might ( big might ) watch the new ones when they air. The "seddie arc" was honestly pretty bad, and the one that aired afterward was better, but not up to the old standards. And of course the never-ending "hatius" killed the show for me. ( that's pretty much why I don't watch it anymore. That, and I grew out of it.)

alfa9delta

[88]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 6

pscf3 wrote:
    Now I kinda hope it doesn't go much longer. I haven't seen it in months, and I might ( big might ) watch the new ones when they air. The "seddie arc" was honestly pretty bad, and the one that aired afterward was better, but not up to the old standards. And of course the never-ending "hatius" killed the show for me. ( that's pretty much why I don't watch it anymore. That, and I grew out of it.)

I thought the "Seddie arc" was pointless.

I mean, they dated, but know they are back to that love/hate relationship they used to have? It makes no sense

BTW, it came out that Jennette (Sam) has signed a deal for a pilot episode of a new show (http://justjennette.com/2011/12/02/jennette-mccurdy-signed-under-new-agency/). Does that means the end of iCarly is close?

pscf3

[89]Dec 3, 2011
    That's interesting, but kinda vague also.^^

Will she be the lead?

What Network?

Why transition into Pop? She needs to stay with Country, IMO. Not be the new Taylor Swift ( who claims to be Country but is really Pop nowadays.)

teenj12

[90]Dec 4, 2011
    Sounds interesting!

Diamondgrl13

[91]Dec 5, 2011

Yeah, I saw Dan tweet about that a couple days ago. I was really surprised-about the Pilot and the music. I kind of agree, I wish she'd stay with country-country is so pop already nowadays anyways. But the Pilot really intrigues me. Clearly it's not with Nick-it doesn't sound like it to me anyways, especially after seeing Dan's tweet, sounds like he knew nothing about it until very recently. That almost makes me MORE interested, that it won't be a "kids" show. But it's just a Pilot so I'm trying not to get my hopes up because Pilots fall through all the time it seems. Plus it'll be a while before we see it, whatever it is. But still-very interesting (and unexpected!) news!! Looking forward to hearing/seeing more about it all. :-)

And yes, I would suspect this means that the end of iCarly is fairly near. Sad, but then again, I think it's about time. What else can they really do at this point, right?

Edited on 12/05/2011 4:00pm

teenj12

[92]Dec 6, 2011
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:

Yeah, I saw Dan tweet about that a couple days ago. I was really surprised-about the Pilot and the music. I kind of agree, I wish she'd stay with country-country is so pop already nowadays anyways. But the Pilot really intrigues me. Clearly it's not with Nick-it doesn't sound like it to me anyways, especially after seeing Dan's tweet, sounds like he knew nothing about it until very recently. That almost makes me MORE interested, that it won't be a "kids" show. But it's just a Pilot so I'm trying not to get my hopes up because Pilots fall through all the time it seems. Plus it'll be a while before we see it, whatever it is. But still-very interesting (and unexpected!) news!! Looking forward to hearing/seeing more about it all. :-)

And yes, I would suspect this means that the end of iCarly is fairly near. Sad, but then again, I think it's about time. What else can they really do at this point, right?

Yea. They've run out of Web show related plotines. Their last good Web show related plotine was iHAI. The idea of an intern was cute.

pscf3

[93]Dec 7, 2011
    Aaahhhhh!!!! "cute" returns!!!^^^

CaptainKrueger

[94]Dec 8, 2011
    • level: 5

I don't have anything new to say but agree with others in saying the show isn't as good as it used to be.

Ruffmanfan882

[95]Dec 9, 2011
    On Noah said on his Facebook he said that they will be producing more than 13 episodes for this upcoming production season. Production starts up again in Janurary.

teenj12

[96]Dec 9, 2011
    pscf3 wrote:
    Aaahhhhh!!!! "cute" returns!!!^^^
    stfu xP.

vanillacupcakes

[97]Dec 28, 2011
    I'm pretty sure Miranda said on Chelsea Lately that they're filming one last season and then she's going to USC while acting in other things. So after this summer they'll be done.

I'm so excited about the news about Jennette, but at the same time I wanted her to do some more adult roles. She's extremely underrated and has not been able to showcase her acting ability. I know she loves doing comedy, but I think she totally nails the dramatic roles too and I miss her doing that(I know I've said this before, but whatever). Is this related to Dan's new show he's making or is it another show? I'm looking forward to what new show Dan has in store. Although I really hate most of the "main characters" in Dan's shows(well not Carly, but I didn't like her in season 1 and she's still really shallow). I know people say they want Jennette, Ariana, or Liz to be lead roles, but tbh I'd hate that. The main characters are always bland and the supporting roles are quirky and hilarious. I find they fit the roles perfectly. If they make a main character like Carly in this season, then I'll be all for it. But I doubt it will be that way. I don't really care for Jennette being in a sketch show. She could be in better things.

I actually loved iLove You and iLMM. *shrug* Even for episodes I didn't like much like iDSAF, there were moments I really loved. Carly totally KILLED it in iDSAF. The ratings are going wayyyy down, but I think it would be to iCarly's normal standards if they got rid of dry spells completely and didn't put them on awkward dates. I didn't care for iQ but the innuendos with the fork had me dying with laughter. I think iCarly can still bring it if they play the cards right.

@alfa: Well to Seddie shippers the point of the arc was to get some development down. Sam has some of her walls put down and she isn't so intimidated to "make a move". They learned what wasn't working in their relationship and they got to the point where they could say "I love you". So when they get back together they won't be making these same mistakes. They will be able to do it the right way. This would mean they will get together under their own standards of a relationship and not be influenced by Carly the love guru or force themselves into expectations of what they "think" a "normal" relationship is supposed to be like. To anti-Seddie shippers the point of the arc was to prove they don't work well as a couple and they were just trying to force a relationship that isn't meant to be. It pointed out all the flaws and problems of a Seddie relationship. It satisfied the Seddie shipper because they "dated" so now Seddie doesn't really have to be end game.

To a lot of people who don't give a f- about shipping, then it's just kind of like the "equivalent" to iSYL. Either way, I found it important. There were a lot of things they could have done differently about the arc and they didn't need 4 whole episodes about them, but I did like the fact Sam and Freddie had a relationship and broke up. I'm looking forward to the last season. And I'll definitely be watching their series finale and watch it over and over again.

alexspotsme

[98]Dec 29, 2011
    If Season 6 is the last, then I'm all for it. And it ends in 2013, perfectly fine by me.

I feel as though double producing both iCarly and Victorious had caused both shows to air 13 episode seasons. And it's why we see less iCarly on air.

If Noah is telling the truth that Season 6 will have more than 13 episode, all I have to say is thank goodness. It'll be a good end to the show.

The good thing bout the show ending, is that we can''r say the show got canceled. Way better to end than to be canceled.

jkxbox360

[99]Dec 29, 2011
    No way it passes 6

MusicAddictBabe

[100]Dec 29, 2011
    • level: 18
    I agree with Alexspotsme. Honestly, I always hated it when shows were cancelled/discontinued rather than ended. It's sad. I hope the last episode is amazing. (I also like shows that end with no questions being left unanswered...that'd be like the us finally figuring out why Freddie speaks Spanish.)