We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

How do you define a shipping "moment"?

pugpupies88

[21]Aug 4, 2010
    • level: 2

iCarlyFan101 wrote:

charmed4eva112 wrote:

Ok, yes, I do agree with most of you (finally, a debate which I have an opinion on!). Yes, some of us Seddiers can get crazy. The Schwab anyone? But the thing is, anything can be defined as a 'moment'. The debate that comes into question is whether it is a big moment or a small moment. Ok, sometimes, people can go over the top with shipping through the example of the Seddie/Creddie wikia 'facts'. But then there are some of us that are level headed and sure, some moments that we consider to be a shipping moment can be over the top, but it makes it fun for us to randomly find an innocent look, nudge or smile towards our shipping preference and declare it a moment. Deep down, some of us know it's not really an official 'moment', but an unofficial one. Yeah, I'm not making any sense. But basically, some moments are official, and others are just interpretive moments.

Some Seddiers go over the top, yes, but aren't there Creddiers that do the same? I've read on some other forums of Seddiers bashing Creddiers and visa versa, when in reality, both sides do have their 'moments', big or small. I don't count standing beside each other a moment, but I do count small looks, glances, nudges and smiles because, for some ships, like Seddie, you don't get as many moments as the obvious ships, like Creddie, so we go over the top sometimes just for hope. But no, I think there are certain limitations on whether something should be counted as a 'moment' or not. So, you can't blame all of us Seddiers for being a little more crazy than Creddiers.

As you know, I am a huge fan of Seddie, but I do appreciate and like Creddie. So I don't like bashing anyone on here, but us Seddiers can get just as crazy and insane as Creddiers, but Creddiers, from what I saw, some of them get a tad too violent. I'm not directing anything at you guys, I swear! But on other websites, I've read 'Seddie sucks! It'll never happen! Creddie will prevail! Mwuhahaha!' and other....mean comments. But do remember, Dan didn't intend for there to be romance in this show, well at least not as the main focal point, so don't be surprised if nobody gets together with anyone in the end.

Whoa, I just wrote my first long post in a long time! Thank you for the person who made this topic!

Hahahaha!!! You're very welcome! I love to hear others opinions on stuff like this. Although - I do think we're veering a little off topic with the whole are Seddiers or Creddiers crazier? It's not the ship that makes someone crazy - it's just their personality be they a Seddier or a Creddier right?

Agreed. I only used Seddie in my examples because, like I said, there are more of them. (So just by default we see more crazy Seddie people). But there are extreme Creddies out there. Both are annoying as all heck. xP

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iCarlyFan101

[22]Aug 4, 2010
    • level: 3

I guess it also depends on your definition of "moment". For this I was going for it meaning a significant or important period of time or occasion.

vanillacupcakes

[23]Aug 4, 2010
    • level: 16

pscf3 wrote:
    It's 104 here, 90 is nothing. @vanillacupcakes, seddie has a color? That is insane. I don't mean to be rude, but a couple having a color? That show the insanity of some shippers. No offense the the seddiers.
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    IIIIII......don't know. I'm not really sure why I ranted about that. Guess the heat (no, litterally heat..it's like 90 degrees here) was getting to me. Sorry bout that, folks.

Purple is the Seddie color, just like how 8 is the Seddie number. It was inspired off thescene withSpencer and the art teacher. "I'm sorry I painted your mouth red." "I'm sorry I painted your mouth blue." "Wanna make purple?" I guess in every Seddie-ish scene(like iKiss and iTwins) one wears red/pink and the other wears blue. Together theymake "purple". Ridiculous right? I've seen many people say that something is Seddie just because of the colors they are wearing or because they see something in the episode that is purple.Carly and Freddie arered and black, because they wore red or black while kissing in iSYL and wore black dancingin iSpeed Date. 8 isSeddie's number because their kiss lasted that long, and one of their hugs. I don't remember what hug that was though. Also something like 2-3+9 is equal to 8. Like locker 239? Yeah, idk how they came up with that one. Yes, Seddiers are insane. Doesn't Seddie also have a mascot? I think there is one! Haha.

As for the topic of who is more insane, I've seen both be insane.Since I see more Seddie comments than Creddie, I see more insane Seddie comments than Creddie. If I went on a Creddie fansite, there would be crazy stuff too, for sure. I feel that Seddie overwhelms with the craziness, just because they seem more outspoken.Spam/Cam/Cibby/Sibby shippers aren't so intense about their ships IMO.

charmed4eva112

[24]Aug 4, 2010
    • level: 20
    I'm sure Seddiers have a mascot. I know 'our' food is fried chicken. But as for the mascot, I'm sure it is something equally as crazy.

pscf3

[25]Aug 4, 2010
    That's why I don't go on other sites but this one. The color, and number things are ridicuous, and a mascot? LOL, there are some crazies out there. If I were a seddier, I wouldn't join in on the color/number / mascot, while I deffienty don't join in the black color thing. I mean what idiot would give a couple a number or color? The person with the mascot idea must have no life.

No offense.

vanillacupcakes wrote:

pscf3 wrote:
    It's 104 here, 90 is nothing. @vanillacupcakes, seddie has a color? That is insane. I don't mean to be rude, but a couple having a color? That show the insanity of some shippers. No offense the the seddiers.
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    IIIIII......don't know. I'm not really sure why I ranted about that. Guess the heat (no, litterally heat..it's like 90 degrees here) was getting to me. Sorry bout that, folks.

Purple is the Seddie color, just like how 8 is the Seddie number. It was inspired off thescene withSpencer and the art teacher. "I'm sorry I painted your mouth red." "I'm sorry I painted your mouth blue." "Wanna make purple?" I guess in every Seddie-ish scene(like iKiss and iTwins) one wears red/pink and the other wears blue. Together theymake "purple". Ridiculous right? I've seen many people say that something is Seddie just because of the colors they are wearing or because they see something in the episode that is purple.Carly and Freddie arered and black, because they wore red or black while kissing in iSYL and wore black dancingin iSpeed Date. 8 isSeddie's number because their kiss lasted that long, and one of their hugs. I don't remember what hug that was though. Also something like 2-3+9 is equal to 8. Like locker 239? Yeah, idk how they came up with that one. Yes, Seddiers are insane. Doesn't Seddie also have a mascot? I think there is one! Haha.

As for the topic of who is more insane, I've seen both be insane.Since I see more Seddie comments than Creddie, I see more insane Seddie comments than Creddie. If I went on a Creddie fansite, there would be crazy stuff too, for sure. I feel that Seddie overwhelms with the craziness, just because they seem more outspoken.Spam/Cam/Cibby/Sibby shippers aren't so intense about their ships IMO.

MusicAddictBabe

[26]Aug 4, 2010
    • level: 18
    Pscf - I don't live where it's hot a lot. The highest it ever gets here is 100 but lately it's been 90. So, it's still hot. Many people think 60 is freezing but in our area that's about the lowest it gets in summer and still considered warm...sort of. lol It stinks that it's that hot there.

Vanilla - Nice . I agree. I know I say that a lot, but total respect for that comment.

marcdragicevic

[27]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 21
    iCarlyFan101 wrote:

I am just curious as to what everyone out there considers to be a shipping "moment". I see a lot of people talking about Seddie or Creddie "moments", but what are they really? In my opinion, there have only been a few true moments for each ship, i.e. those that are NOT left open to our own interpretation of the situation or to what we may perceive as a significant moment for a ship. They are the ones that show a progression of their relationship – even if it is only on the basic friendship level.

True Seddie Moments:

iKiss – Sam and Freddie share their first kiss with each other.
    iReunite with Missy – Sam swallows her pride and goes to Freddie for help; after his initial reluctance, he realizes he does value his friendship with Sam and gives up the chance to study at sea.
    iSaved Your Life – Sam is concerned Freddie will get hurt by Carly if Carly really feels how Sam thinks she does about Freddie; Freddie takes her opinion to heart.

True Creddie Moments:

It has been stated several times in various episodes that Freddie has had a crush on Carly.
    iLike Jake - Carly kisses Freddie on the nose.
    iThink They Kissed – Carly is upset Freddie won't tell her what happened between him and Sam and is obviously feeling betrayed by both him and Sam.
    iSpeed Date – Carly and Freddie share a dance at the Groovy Smoothie to end their awful nights on a high note.
    iSaved Your Life – Carly kisses Freddie; Carly displays some obvious jealousy when another girl is trying to come on to Freddie; Carly gives Freddie a poignant kiss on the cheek for their final kiss.

But so many people consider coincidental placement of the characters as a "moment" when really, they are just that – coincidental. When I stand next to someone just because we happen to be in the same vicinity, does that mean I am having a "moment" with that person? Not very likely. Even if there are several people in the room, just because I am standing closer to one person than to the others most likely means no more than we both just happened to pick that spot because it was there.

Also, little interactions between characters that would be normal for any friendship are somehow turned into one of these "moments". I poke, touch, nudge and tease my friends all the time – none of whom I have any interest in other than friendship. And none of these interactions are designed to alter our relationship. That's not to say that people don't do things like this, especially when they are crushing on someone, but, again, that would be something that is open to interpretation so I wouldn't consider it to be a true "moment". Or else it would then be fair to say that every ship out there has an abundance of "moments".

I feel like a lot of shippers out there are seeing what they want to see in the most irrelevant things. (And I'm not gonna lie – I often get giddy when my ships interact with each other but I know deep down that I am seeing way more than is actually there and reading far to into it.) But, I could be wrong. And if I am, then Dan Schneider is a far more superior genius than I already think he is, putting all these extremely subtle allusions to a ship in there.

I realize not everyone will agree with me – but that's why I would like to hear other opinions on what constitutes a "moment".

You're dead right.

Freddimamay

[28]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 4

I completely agree with the OP.....however, I also admit (as someone who ships a very unlikely ship ) I enjoy turning 'non-moments' into 'moments', it just makes me happy ^_^

Heck in iGot a Hot Room, I "D'awww"'d at Spencer going to get a chair for Sam to sit on at the Waffle Breakfast and then standing

But I usually save those things for only discussing in the 'Spam' thread-I realize quite well it's only the way I'm seeing it hehehe

hardcorefakes

[29]Aug 15, 2010
    • level: 7

why does this suprise anybody with seddiers. some of them would stab a child if sedie didnt happen

frontman19

[30]Aug 15, 2010
    • level: 14

That is a horrifying thought right there...I don't ever want to talk to any fans that crazy...I will never meet them but I still fear for my life...

MusicAddictBabe

[31]Aug 16, 2010
    Freddimamay - I know what you mean. Some moments we fans just analyze it differently because we just want to. For instance, Sam running to tell Spencer that Freddie just got hit by a taco truck could have a different meaning to different people - for Creddiers, this means nothing, but for some Seddiers, this could mean she's worried about him getting hurt, while other Seddiers think it's also nothing because if it meant anything, why would she have eaten a taco that came from that very same truck. Actually, in that episode there are different moments that "please" different people (such as the whole Creddie kiss, what I mentioned before about Seddie, and the Spam-ish sub-plot). I kind of wish thought that I could've used a better example because I know how much contriversy this episode brings lol. So, I absolutely agree with you here. As a former Seddier, I must say that I've done this a lot. However, now I just consider shipping moments anything with the couple in it (not just romantic scenes, more like friendship scenes and stuff like that also).

Definitely am not a horrible shipping maniac lol. I'm sure Seddie and Creddie fans both can get way outta hand if their beloved couple doesn't become cannon. Thus, this is my opinion.

iCarlyFan101

[32]Aug 16, 2010

Freddimamay wrote:

I completely agree with the OP.....however, I also admit (as someone who ships a very unlikely ship ) I enjoy turning 'non-moments' into 'moments', it just makes me happy ^_^

Heck in iGot a Hot Room, I "D'awww"'d at Spencer going to get a chair for Sam to sit on at the Waffle Breakfast and then standing

But I usually save those things for only discussing in the 'Spam' thread-I realize quite well it's only the way I'm seeing it hehehe

I love Spam. Even if I know we'll only ever get the friendship "moments" between them. And I could definitely turn some of those little interactions into very different scenarios in my head. Thank goodness for fanfic!

iCarlyFan101

[33]Aug 16, 2010

vanillacupcakes wrote:

pscf3 wrote:
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

I've seen a lot of people say that Spencer ships Seddie because of the whole purple thing. Then does that mean Sam ships Creddie because she carries a red and black backpack and often wears those colors herself? Hahaha The whole color/number/mascot thing does seem a little ridiculous but to each there own I guess.

pscf3

[34]Aug 16, 2010
    Wow that's crazy.

iCarlyFan101 wrote:

vanillacupcakes wrote:

pscf3 wrote:
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

I've seen a lot of people say that Spencer ships Seddie because of the whole purple thing. Then does that mean Sam ships Creddie because she carries a red and black backpack and often wears those colors herself? Hahaha The whole color/number/mascot thing does seem a little ridiculous but to each there own I guess.

MusicAddictBabe

[35]Aug 17, 2010
    lol That's kind of funny. It makes you wonder...what does Freddie ship...? Spam perhaps? ^^