We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Gibby Discussion!!!

fryman1701

[21]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 7
    We have had a somewhat Gibby centered episode (iWin a Date). We have seen his mother (iGo Nuclear). We have seen his house (iSpeed Date). We have never seen Sam's mother or home, so we have knowledge of Gibby that we don't even have of her. He is one of the major secondary characters, along with Lewbert and Marissa, that is in the majority of the eps. My wife and I totally love Gibby, but there would still need to be some major backstory and character development to make him in to a main.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

schillingklaus

[22]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 12
    The girl Gibby met towards the end of iWin A Date was rather scary. Gibby deserves something nicer.

fryman1701

[23]Nov 27, 2009

schillingklaus wrote:
    The girl Gibby met towards the end of iWin A Date was rather scary. Gibby deserves something nicer.

Nothing wrong with a pushy woman, they can be fun ;p and he had something a little nicer back at his place in iSpeed date. I love how he was a total pimp telling that cute brunette to wait.

DarthFreeza

[24]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 23

Gibby's great and all but I think I liked him alot better back in episodes like "iWin a Date" than I do right now.

True, he's alot funnier now (lifting up shirt and yelling "He's here!" in "iHave My Prinicles") (and the girl in his apartment "iSpeed Date").

But I liked him better when he was nerdier like in "iWin a Date". Him trying to impress the girl, that was so cute!

I'm not argueing that Gibby acting "pimpish" with the girl in his house wasn't great but I sure wish they'd go back to the nerdier Gibby we all know and love.

NatalieTV100

[25]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 10
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Gibby's great and all but I think I liked him alot better back in episodes like "iWin a Date" than I do right now.

True, he's alot funnier now (lifting up shirt and yelling "He's here!" in "iHave My Prinicles") (and the girl in his apartment "iSpeed Date").

But I liked him better when he was nerdier like in "iWin a Date". Him trying to impress the girl, that was so cute!

I'm not argueing that Gibby acting "pimpish" with the girl in his house wasn't great but I sure wish they'd go back to the nerdier Gibby we all know and love.

I agree I like nerdier Gibby alot better. It gave his character a certain charm(not like he doesn't have any charm now.)

Aprilshakira

[26]Nov 29, 2009
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

I agree I like nerdier Gibby alot better. It gave his character a certain charm(not like he doesn't have any charm now.)

Same goes for Freddie, sometimes.

gamer_boy997

[27]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 4
    I agree with a majority of the above posters. Gibby is very funny, and he should join the main cast for the next season. It shouldn't be too hard. If they do it, they just need to get deeper into his character in the next season. Similar to Rico from Hannah Montana: They had him go to Miley's school and show his place at the beach more often. They could do something similar with Gibby: Have him be at school more often, have him start a more friendly relationship with Carly+Sam+Freddie, and have him be a regular part of their webshow. He might also fit well in Spencer subplots.

NatalieTV100

[28]Nov 29, 2009
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Yeah sometimes when I look back a season one episodes nerdier Freddie was a bit better(although for some reason I couldn't stand Freddie in season one).
    Edited on 11/29/2009 6:43pm

MusicAddictBabe

[29]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 18
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Yeah sometimes when I look back a season one episodes nerdier Freddie was a bit better(although for some reason I couldn't stand Freddie in season one).

I don't know. I don't think I could choose the earlier episodes with Freddie over the newer ones. Just because he grew up a lot. (And, ok this is gonna sound a little fangirlish, but, in the earlier Season 1 episodes, he was cute...as in little-kid-kinda cute. But, now, he's just cute[r]. lol.)

Although, if I must say, when I look back at older episodes, Freddie's character definitely changed; first, he was just Carly's nerdy neighbor who gave the webshow the name of iCarly and from then on was just pretty dorky and he was Carly's friend and Sam's target and now, he's become more of a best friend to both and isn't as nerdy as his persona should be, I guess.

As for Gibby, the same thing happened sort of. He used to be so cute and nerdy. Now, he's a close main character and has about as much of a "catch phrase" (ok, more like a thing...his thang lol) as T-Bo.

DarthFreeza

[30]Dec 1, 2009

I don't really see much of what people like about Freddy right now (aside from his cute-ness which I really can't appritiate because I'm almost twice his age)

Freddy was my favorite character in season one when he was just nerdy. Now he's fallen to the place of my least favorite main character.

I wish they'd just find a mid-point for Freddy that is more nerdy yet still closer to how he is now. Just to appease everybody's desires.

fryman1701

[31]Dec 2, 2009
    DarthFreeza wrote:

I don't really see much of what people like about Freddy right now (aside from his cute-ness which I really can't appritiate because I'm almost twice his age)

Freddy was my favorite character in season one when he was just nerdy. Now he's fallen to the place of my least favorite main character.

I wish they'd just find a mid-point for Freddy that is more nerdy yet still closer to how he is now. Just to appease everybody's desires.

I think they are just trying to make the characters mature a bit. I remember how much I changed between my last year of junior high and my first couple years of high school. I went from a nerd with spock bangs who used my knowledge to make people cry, to a longhaired, combat boot and flanel wearing grunge head who was friends with almost everyone on campus. I am still a nerd 15 years later, but there were HUGE changes in my personality during that time.

DarthFreeza

[32]Dec 2, 2009
    fryman1701 wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

I think they are just trying to make the characters mature a bit. I remember how much I changed between my last year of junior high and my first couple years of high school. I went from a nerd with spock bangs who used my knowledge to make people cry, to a longhaired, combat boot and flanel wearing grunge head who was friends with almost everyone on campus. I am still a nerd 15 years later, but there were HUGE changes in my personality during that time.

I can understand trying to mature Freddy and make him more mature as the time passes.

I can even relate like you with going through big changes in my last two years of high school. I was the typical stupid blonde girl who enjoyed having guys all over her. But in my senior year I really matured alot. I still have a pretty big need for attention but the maturity gained through aging still stands.

But for Freddy it's like they've completely reformed the character. He hasn't made a real technical reference for God knows how long. It feels to me like they brought in an entirely different character from who Freddy used to be. The most technical thing he's done for the past 2 seasons is hold up a camera.

fryman1701

[33]Dec 2, 2009

DarthFreeza wrote:

He hasn't made a real technical reference for God knows how long. It feels to me like they brought in an entirely different character from who Freddy used to be. The most technical thing he's done for the past 2 seasons is hold up a camera.

Yeah, they have taken him a bit too far in the non-nerd direction

but back to Gibby, he has been appearing in almost every ep recently, more so than Lewbert. Other than Marissa, he is the largest of the secondary characters

DarthFreeza

[34]Dec 3, 2009
    fryman1701 wrote:

DarthFreeza wrote:

He hasn't made a real technical reference for God knows how long. It feels to me like they brought in an entirely different character from who Freddy used to be. The most technical thing he's done for the past 2 seasons is hold up a camera.

Yeah, they have taken him a bit too far in the non-nerd direction

but back to Gibby, he has been appearing in almost every ep recently, more so than Lewbert. Other than Marissa, he is the largest of the secondary characters

It seems like Gibby has even surpassed Marissa with secondary appearances.

While we're on the topic of Marissa, does anyone think that she'd make a good addition to the main characters? Having another adult main character (especially someone like Marissa) could lead to all sorts of hilarious plots.

fryman1701

[35]Dec 3, 2009

DarthFreeza wrote:

While we're on the topic of Marissa, does anyone think that she'd make a good addition to the main characters? Having another adult main character (especially someone like Marissa) could lead to all sorts of hilarious plots.

I felt it worked having her as one of the leads in iGo to Japan and iHurt Lewbert, and I thought after that she would play a more prominent role in the show. Not that she isn't one of the top two ancillary characters (her and Gibby) but I think the show could lean more towards becoming an ensemble show rather than a quartet of leads

fryman1701

[36]Dec 21, 2009
    There was so much Gibbyness in iQuit iCarly! Shaboom. Totally love it

futuramarama

[37]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 37

fryman1701 wrote:
    There was so much Gibbyness in iQuit iCarly! Shaboom. Totally love it

Almost all in the sub plot. Still pretty funny

HaydenAvery

[38]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 21
    gibby should turn into a main character that does things with spencer.

Girlygirl24

[39]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 28
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    gibby should turn into a main character that does things with spencer.

that would cool

futuramarama

[40]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 37
    Might get tiring after a few episodes, but it still would be pretty cool