We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

General iCarly Discussion Thread

iskabibble07

[281]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    This is a game and a boring one at that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TeemerDJ

[282]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 12
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    This is a game and a boring one at that.

sorry...jeez, no need to be harsh...but sorry for posting it...nevermind...

zulaz

[283]Aug 10, 2008
    ^ lol sorry, alot of....bad games...and...annoying spin-offs in the past. dont mind us on it lol. and dont take it seriously either.

AndreaMSkate

[284]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 49
    TeemerDJ wrote:
    How about we each make a list of episodes we would wanna see in an "iCrave iCarly Marathon". 10 episodes each. I was going to turn this into a thread, but Andrea would probably lock it, because it's kind of a game.

1. iAm Your Biggest Fan
    2. iStakeout
    3. iNevel
    4. iRue the Day
    5. iPromise not to Tell
    6. iSpy a Mean Teacher
    7. iHate Sam's Boyfriend
    8. iDon't Want to Fight
    9. iGot Detention
    10. iWant a World Record.

Everybody else in? Just list 10 episodes that you would want to see in an "iCrave iCarly Marathon".

No games on a discussion based thread please. That is just going around the rules. Not allowed, sorry.

sportsrock95

[285]Aug 10, 2008
    iCarly is a very great show, in fact-I'm a boy and I think I might like iCarly more than Drake & Josh right now, becuase a lot of Drake & Josh's episodes are unrealistic, sort of, and with iCarly.. well, all of them are realistic, and the idea of starting a webshow and turning it into a sitcom is a neat, creative idea.

zulaz

[286]Aug 10, 2008
    oh yeah, i think iCarly is way better than drake and josh...but, thats just me. i find iCarly more funny-ish? xD

sportsrock95

[287]Aug 10, 2008
    Funny yet realistic at the same time.

Go iCarly!

iMIMI37

[288]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    I love them both, but I have laughed more during iCarly.

pdyc

[289]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 16
    same here.

iskabibble07

[290]Aug 12, 2008
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    I love them both, but I have laughed more during iCarly.
    Drake and Josh is good but it was mostly the two guys being funny. ICarly has two strong male leads and two strong female leads so there can be lots of combinations for humor and situations. That makes it better and funnier in my view.

AndreaMSkate

[291]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 49
    zulaz wrote:
    oh yeah, i think iCarly is way better than drake and josh...but, thats just me. i find iCarly more funny-ish? xD

Yeah I've never been quite as into Drake and Josh either, and I can't quite put my finger on why...

zulaz

[292]Aug 12, 2008
    ^ well, in Drake and Josh, the romance in the series is like "whatever". Drake can hook up with any girl, and Josh..well..somewhat the same-ish.

for iCarly...there's like.. this "tension" with romance. the Seddie and Creddie. its like "gahh!!!". trying to find evidence of the two couples...and what not. its like "I HAVE to watch the next episode to see where this 'couple' is ganna go!" even if there is ganna be NO seddie or creddie in the show...it always makes you 'wonder' ya know?

and i find this show to be more halarious.

pdyc

[293]Aug 12, 2008
    zulaz wrote:
    ^ well, in Drake and Josh, the romance in the series is like "whatever". Drake can hook up with any girl, and Josh..well..somewhat the same-ish.

for iCarly...there's like.. this "tension" with romance. the Seddie and Creddie. its like "gahh!!!". trying to find evidence of the two couples...and what not. its like "I HAVE to watch the next episode to see where this 'couple' is ganna go!" even if there is ganna be NO seddie or creddie in the show...it always makes you 'wonder' ya know?

and i find this show to be more halarious.

i agree

iskabibble07

[294]Aug 12, 2008

pdyc wrote:
    zulaz wrote:
    ^ well, in Drake and Josh, the romance in the series is like "whatever". Drake can hook up with any girl, and Josh..well..somewhat the same-ish. for iCarly...there's like.. this "tension" with romance. the Seddie and Creddie. its like "gahh!!!". trying to find evidence of the two couples...and what not. its like "I HAVE to watch the next episode to see where this 'couple' is ganna go!" even if there is ganna be NO seddie or creddie in the show...it always makes you 'wonder' ya know? and i find this show to be more halarious.
    i agree

I agree except when I watch the show, I really don't see that it is about romance. Yeah there are some crushes like on Jake or Jonah from time to time but it is more about the frindships between the four main characters and the show in my mind. The shipper romances seem to be almost entirely speculation. They might happen but none of the plots are "about" them. My view anyway.

zulaz

[295]Aug 12, 2008
    ^ well yeah..your right. alot of people who watch the show only see it as comedy.

at first, i watched the show for JUST comedy, but now its Seddie AND comedy lol! Their all four just fun to watch.

iskabibble07

[296]Aug 12, 2008
    zulaz wrote:
    ^ well yeah..your right. alot of people who watch the show only see it as comedy. at first, i watched the show for JUST comedy, but now its Seddie AND comedy lol! Their all four just fun to watch.
    Oh I notice all kinds of little details including little smiles and touches that communicate seddie, and creddie and maybe even spam. And because those little clues are buried in the show, they are fun to look for. I was only remarking that the themes or primarily plots of the show are not tremendously romantic. Even when romance is part of the plot like Sam having a crush or Gibby needing help flirting, the romance isn't central as much as how that affects the show and the comedy that comes out of it. The times when the show has gotten "serious" like when it seemed carly was going to move away, it was more about the friendships at this point. Not to say we won't have whole shows devoted to romance in future years. I just hope it doesn't get as deady serious as some epis of shows like Zoey 101 have gotten about romances between characters.
    Edited on 08/12/2008 1:38pm

zulaz

[297]Aug 12, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    zulaz wrote:
    ^ well yeah..your right. alot of people who watch the show only see it as comedy. at first, i watched the show for JUST comedy, but now its Seddie AND comedy lol! Their all four just fun to watch.
    Oh I notice all kinds of little details including little smiles and touches that communicate seddie, and creddie and maybe even spam. And because those little clues are buried in the show, they are fun to look for. I was only remarking that the themes or primarily plots of the show are not tremendously romantic. Even when romance is part of the plot like Sam having a crush or Gibby needing help flirting, the romance isn't central as much as how that affects the show and the comedy that comes out of it. The times when the show has gotten "serious" like when it seemed carly was going to move away, it was more about the friendships at this point. Not to say we won't have whole shows devoted to romance in future years. I just hope it doesn't get as deady serious as some epis of shows like Zoey 101 have gotten about romances between characters.

omg i know. Zoey101 was like..GAHH..too much romance in season 4. But i think alot of the viewers wanted it.

im not sure..i rarely watch Zoey101...bleh...lol...

iskabibble07

[298]Aug 12, 2008
    zulaz wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    zulaz wrote:
    omg i know. Zoey101 was like..GAHH..too much romance in season 4. But i think alot of the viewers wanted it. im not sure..i rarely watch Zoey101...bleh...lol...
    Yeah, I think some romance on ICarly would be kewl but I hope they always stay a comedy like they are now and we are not subjected to endless shows where the characters just look longingly at each other and then pout.

pdyc

[299]Aug 12, 2008
    bleh, i would hate it if iCarly had all of that romance. a little is okay, but not too much

rockon45

[300]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 15
    Dude! iCarly rox!!!!!