We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

episode discussion: iPear Store

83optics

[1]May 12, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* there's also another way to determine if it's a snow woman...

* forced pit smell-face

* the firefighters don't want burned brownies, reminds them too much of work.

* never > extended warranty

* the booty bus hasn't been covered in a Doctor Who episode yet.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jegolas1973

[2]May 12, 2012
    • level: 22

I actually enjoyed it. The same firemen from "iGot a Hot Room" make another appearance. I think it's funny when the chief makes Spencer get down on the floor. It's even funnier when Carly makes Spencer stay on the floor. Then, the firemen make Spencer work with them so he'll understand how hard their jobs really are. It's also funny when Sam gets a job at the iPear store along with Freddie. Not only that, she becomes Freddie's boss. Overall, it's a hilarious episode.

teenj12

[3]May 12, 2012
    • level: 26
    I haven't seen the episode, but an interesting plot with the firemen. The Shay's little fire problems is one of those unnoticed recurring themes.

jegolas1973

[4]May 13, 2012
    • level: 22

teenj12 wrote:
    I haven't seen the episode, but an interesting plot with the firemen. The Shay's little fire problems is one of those unnoticed recurring themes.
    It's mainly Spencer's fire problems since he's responsible for most of them.

tigerdude22

[5]May 13, 2012
    • level: 43

What I liked:

* I laughed once or twice out of the entire episode

*Sam quitting her job at the very end of the episode when Freddie got fired

What I HATED:

*The humor was just so lame and so boring

*The firemen pushing Spencer on the floor and making him stay there then Carly making him stay there

*Yeah, the "Spencer causing fire" gags got so old for me a long time ago

*Sam getting a job with Freddie

*Carly flirting with that nerd guy was making me roll my eyes and became annoying

*The firemen not even wanting to help Spencer and Carly anymore. For Pete's sakes, they are the fire department

*The fire department forcing Spencer to volunteer with them

*The customers working with Freddie are COMPLETE MORONS but yet they will buy something if Sam says it's good but won't listen to Freddie... that's just lame and stupid

*The ending of ANOTHER Carly dating a guy storyline

*The manager giving the promotion to Sam plus firing Freddie

*Gibby was so annoying in this episode

*Gibby making Carly smell his armpits in the beginning of the episode

This episode was just overall terrible and happens to be Season 6's worst. After "iOpen a Restaurant" and "iHalfoween" being fantastic episodes, I expected this one to be good as well but I was wrong to the very bottom. The humor is not even humor at all just stupid and random things to make it seem like it's funny when it's not. I'm tired of Dan Schneider making "Carly dates a guy and dumps him by the end" storylines... like seriously? I know he can come up with better things than that. No offense to anyone that likes this episode but that's just my opinion

OVERALL 2 out of 10

Edited on 05/13/2012 2:25pm
    Edited 3 total times.

nicknameless101

[6]May 13, 2012
    • level: 25

tigerdude22 wrote:

What I liked:

What I HATED:

*The firemen pushing Spencer on the floor and making him stay there then Carly making him stay there

*Sam getting a job with Freddie *Carly flirting with that nerd guy was making me roll my eyes and became annoying

*The firemen not even wanting to help Spencer and Carly anymore. For Pete's sakes, they are the fire department

*The customers working with Freddie are COMPLETE MORONS but yet they will buy something if Sam says it's good but won't listen to Freddie... that's just lame and stupid

*The manager giving the promotion to Sam plus firing Freddie *Gibby was so annoying in this episode

This episode was just overall terrible and happens to be Season 6's worst. After "iOpen a Restaurant" and "iHalfoween" being fantastic episodes, I expected this one to be good as well but I was wrong to the very bottom. The humor is not even humor at all just stupid and random things to make it seem like it's funny when it's not. I'm tired of Dan Schneider making "Carly dates a guy and dumps him by the end" storylines... like seriously? I know he can come up with better things than that. No offense to anyone that likes this episode but that's just my opinion

OVERALL 2 out of 10

I agree with most of the things you hated. Firefighters are supposed to help anyone with a fire problem, no matter what. Yes, Spencer is prone to starting fires, but just telling him off for it doesn't help. I felt bad for Freddie since his technical skills were being overshadowed by Sam's work performance in the store and unintelligent customers. Carly's flirting annoyed me for some reason, and the "nerdy" guy turning "cool" at the end was totally unexpected in a negative way. I actually liked the parts when Gibby was getting people to sniff his armpits, though; it was funny.

tigerdude22

[7]May 13, 2012
    • level: 43
    nicknameless101 wrote:

tigerdude22 wrote:

What I liked:

What I HATED:

*Sam getting a job with Freddie *Carly flirting with that nerd guy was making me roll my eyes and became annoying

*The manager giving the promotion to Sam plus firing Freddie *Gibby was so annoying in this episode

OVERALL 2 out of 10

I agree with most of the things you hated. Firefighters are supposed to help anyone with a fire problem, no matter what. Yes, Spencer is prone to starting fires, but just telling him off for it doesn't help. I felt bad for Freddie since his technical skills were being overshadowed by Sam's work performance in the store and unintelligent customers. Carly's flirting annoyed me for some reason, and the "nerdy" guy turning "cool" at the end was totally unexpected in a negative way. I actually liked the parts when Gibby was getting people to sniff his armpits, though; it was funny.

I'm glad you agree with me on most of the things that I've hated about the episode. Yeah, I tried my best to enjoy this episode but I just couldn't and the humor wasn't helping at all because like I said, it doesn't like humor at all. Thanks for respecting my opinion

gideonbernstein

[8]May 13, 2012
    • level: 45
    I have to give Sam credit . She gave up a promising job for Freddie after she accidently caused him to lose his. The old Sam would have gotten him fired on purpose. She really evoluted over the years.

marcdragicevic

[9]May 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    Did not see that coming with the Nerdy guy. Really glad Carly chucked him out.

vanillacupcakes

[10]May 16, 2012
    • level: 16

I kind of disagree, I don't think Freddie was fit to work in that pear store. He should stick to just fixing computers or doing some sort of job where he helps out nerds of his own kind instead of idiotic customers. I'm actually kind of glad he got fired, because he wouldn't be able to tolerate those customers if he kept working there. It wasn't right for him. What I've noticed from most of the business majors from my school is that it's more of the personality and not book smarts that helps get the sale. Honestly, BSing people and being manipulative does work. Although Sam does get away with a lot, I think she WAS better suited for the job. She's really good at convincing people to do what she wants. Freddie seemed to just want to show off what he knows about every pear product instead of connecting to the customers. Those people don't care about any of that, so it's not going to help at all. You don't need to know a lot about computers to sell it to them, if they don't care about it to begin with. Plus rambling like that made it seem like he didn't respect them and made them feel stupid (who cares if they are). If this was something he was actually good at, like some sort of robotics competition or something, then I would feel bad for him. If Sam wanted him to get fired, then I would feel bad for him. And of COURSE you're going to be fired if you're going to scream at your boss, saying she's horrible and doesn't deserve you as a worker. I can't think of a paid job where that wouldn't happen, unless you're working for a family member. C'mon Freddie, don't be so shocked.

On a random note, even though the customers were idiots, I was kind of like that when buying a car. I did care about the actual quality, but I was also like..."Ummm...do you have that in silver?" Yeah, I don't know much about cars. I sort of see where these customers are coming from. I also bought a crappy but pretty looking blender....appearance is important okay??

And since Gibby's plot wasn't that long, I didn't mind it as much.

teenj12

[11]May 19, 2012
    Hmm, Idk what exactly to say about this episode, after finally catching it..

So, Carly liking the guy was pretty confusing to me..I mean Carly going after the nerd-type? I guess if he's cute, it doesn't matter to her.. However his transformation at the end was odd..like it came out of nowhere. I did however like when Spencer took up for Carly and kicked his arse xP.

Great to see the Shay's fire problem get expanded into an official episode plot, but its kinda illegal for the fire apartment to refuse to help them when there's a fire. It is their job. At least they getting paid for it. The Pear store thing was boring. I will admit I loved the store's design and the product's and their designs. I also did like the end when Freddie outbursted on Sam and the manager, then Sam explained how they used to go out, him "still being in love with her", etc. Then when Sam said she'd brb and the manager said "I'll never see you again, will I?" and Sam says "No". LMAO

Two reasons she might of quit:

1. She only accepted the job to work with Freddie (despite him being a nag to work with), and when he quit, she decided to leave to.

2. She realized the manager was too hard on her employees. (Probably most likely) .

Anyway, this episode bored me a bit. There were moments I'd stare off, like big chunks of the fire department plot, I didn't really pay attention. The whole Gibby thing was also bring til the very end.

All in all, 7.5/10. 7.9/10 to be nice. I think that's one of my lowest grades for an episode of thise show.

gideonbernstein

[12]May 24, 2012
    • level: 45

What is so ironic is that Sam didn't even need that job. She co-owns a business with Gibby.

Fireofnature

[13]May 27, 2012
    • level: 13
    An illegal business technically, they'd have to register that restaurant with more than just Principal Franklin XD

vanillacupcakes

[14]May 27, 2012

teenj12 wrote:
    2. She realized the manager was too hard on her employees. (Probably most likely).

Actually, I thought the boss Natalie acted just like Sam...and she definitely favored her....so I think working in that place is the perfect place for Sam. It's funny that she's better at this than at a dumpy looking chilli restaurant.

Diamondgrl13

[15]May 29, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    2. She realized the manager was too hard on her employees. (Probably most likely).

Actually, I thought the boss Natalie acted just like Sam...and she definitely favored her....so I think working in that place is the perfect place for Sam. It's funny that she's better at this than at a dumpy looking chilli restaurant.

I don't think she was "better" at the Pear Store than the restaurant...the restaurant seemed to be thriving. Seemed like her main role though was more of security and supply, as opposed to actually running the restaurant, but still. She could still work both jobs-it's not like she really goes to school that much, right?? lol

vanillacupcakes

[16]May 31, 2012

My bad...I meant Chili My Bowl from iOwe You, not Gibby's Restaurant. She does a pretty good job doing that too....because getting food and beating up people is also her specialty. I was saying I find it odd that she is good at a nice computer store but people got mad at her at a place where a guy found a finger(I'm sorry a thumb) in his chili.

Edited on 05/30/2012 11:47pm

Diamondgrl13

[17]Jun 7, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

My bad...I meant Chili My Bowl from iOwe You, not Gibby's Restaurant. She does a pretty good job doing that too....because getting food and beating up people is also her specialty. I was saying I find it odd that she is good at a nice computer store but people got mad at her at a place where a guy found a finger(I'm sorry a thumb) in his chili.

Ohh..got it. Yeah, that is kinda weird now that you mention it.. huh....

marcdragicevic

[18]Jun 25, 2012
    Typical of Sam to leave whenever she feels like it. It would probably make the boss think twice before hiring girls like Sam.

teenj12

[19]Jun 26, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Typical of Sam to leave whenever she feels like it. It would probably make the boss think twice before hiring girls like Sam.
    I thought that was hilarious .

marcdragicevic

[20]Jun 27, 2012
    Haha yeah. I wonder if that will hurt Sam's chances of getting a job in the future, maybe?