We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Does anyone else get annoyed by this?

tigerdude22

[1]Aug 8, 2011
    • level: 43

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if I'm not the only one on this BUT...

Do you find it annoying that Nickelodeon is always having a week-long iCarly marathon every single time there is a special or TV movie

In my opinion, it's very annoying. For God's sake, it's just a special or a TV movie.

I'm asking this because Nickelodeon always has a one week iCarly marathon everytime there is a new special or TV movie coming up.

Yet, Nickelodeon never has a one week marathon for shows like SpongeBob SquarePants, Big Time Rush, The Fairly OddParents, Victorious, or anything else. If those shows had specials or TV movies, it's just usually a 3-hour marathon on the day it premieres

BUT when it comes to iCarly, it's ALWAYS a week-long marathon.

I don't mind if iCarly has it once in a while but not every single freakin' time.

It also gets annoying because I am usually not in the mood to watch iCarly, I'm usually in the mood for Big Time Rush, SpongeBob SquarePants, or all those other ones.

I'm making a thread about this because I wanted to know if you all agree with me

Do you all get annoyed seeing iCarly having a week-long marathon every single freakin' time they have a special or TV Movie premiering?

POST opinions here!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[2]Aug 8, 2011
    • level: 13
    Bad move, I'll be the first to say probably not. Actually, they do it probably because there's nothing good on anymore XD

pscf3

[3]Aug 8, 2011
    • level: 16
    When it comes to "specials", every episode since iSYL has been one.

vanillacupcakes

[4]Aug 8, 2011

It doesn't even feel like a "marathon" because it feels like iCarly and Spongebob are the only shows that play on Nickelodeon now. It's probably just because those are the only two really popular shows. iCarly and Victorious are the only shows on Nickelodeon I enjoy watching, so I personally like the fact they aren't showing Bucket and Skinner marathons.

iCarly is probably their highest rated show, so they're going to milk everything they have with marathons and everything to get people watching. If they ever get into a regular "new episodes every 2 weeks" or something, then they wouldn't need to. With the 2 parters, big "shippy" episodes, and weird scheduling they kind of need to do this kind of stuff right now to get the viewers.

They did do marathons for Victorious in celebration of "Locked Up", then showed it a few more times after it with behind the scenes stuff(I finally saw it yesterday). Actually Victorious gets promoted a lot. I'm always seeing the "music videos" or a promo for it when there are new episodes. They did a FOP marathon after the movie came out, I believe.

Edited on 08/08/2011 7:18pm
    Edited 2 total times.

futuramarama

[5]Aug 8, 2011
    • level: 37
    they show week long marathons (each day being 2 hours, which isn't that long) of one of their most popular shows to get people excited for the newest episode/special. don't really see a problem here

pscf3

[6]Aug 9, 2011
    Yeah, your pretty much right. I'll probably stop watching nick after iCarly and Victorious ends.

vanillacupcakes wrote:

It doesn't even feel like a "marathon" because it feels like iCarly and Spongebob are the only shows that play on Nickelodeon now. It's probably just because those are the only two really popular shows. iCarly and Victorious are the only shows on Nickelodeon I enjoy watching, so I personally like the fact they aren't showing Bucket and Skinner marathons.

iCarly is probably their highest rated show, so they're going to milk everything they have with marathons and everything to get people watching. If they ever get into a regular "new episodes every 2 weeks" or something, then they wouldn't need to. With the 2 parters, big "shippy" episodes, and weird scheduling they kind of need to do this kind of stuff right now to get the viewers.

They did do marathons for Victorious in celebration of "Locked Up", then showed it a few more times after it with behind the scenes stuff(I finally saw it yesterday). Actually Victorious gets promoted a lot. I'm always seeing the "music videos" or a promo for it when there are new episodes. They did a FOP marathon after the movie came out, I believe.

hurr05

[7]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 10

Nickelodoeon HAS had Spongebob marathons leading up to specials in the past. Now that the show pretty much sucks now, they're not going to waste air time like that.

KJLwriter

[8]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 8
    I saw Victorious on all the time the week before Locked Up. So, they had a marathon for that. It's not just iCarly.

vanillacupcakes

[9]Aug 9, 2011

They had a week long marathon for Victorious before Locked Up, then they replayed Locked Up a bunch of times. They had some sort of Spongebob special and had marathons for that very recently. They even have had "back to back" Bucket and Skinner". It's the season premiere of iCarly, so they are going to promote it. iOMG was iCarly's season finale so they're going to promote it. They did not have marathons for episodes like iSell Penny Tees or iDo.

@pscf3: I think it depends on what other tv shows come out before those end. Maybe Dan will come up with another show I like. I told myself I would stop watching Nickelodeon once I got to college thinking iCarly would have ended by then, but that certainly didn't happen.... It's just for right now, Dan's shows are the only shows I've liked for awhile(since Ned's ended) and the ratings show that's probably the case for others too.

Edited on 08/09/2011 8:31am

pscf3

[10]Aug 9, 2011
    Mentioning ned's, I REALLY wish the high school spin-off would have happenend

teenj12

[11]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 26
    pscf3 wrote:
    Mentioning ned's, I REALLY wish the high school spin-off would have happenend
    Me too. Dan's show are obviously the pride of Nickelodeon's live action. Buckett and Sinner SUCK! Its such an obvious rehash of Drake $ Josh.

futuramarama

[12]Aug 9, 2011
    i would have liked the high school show but there's not a whole lot of stuff they could have done to last up to 4 seasons (assuming it was all 4 years of high school).

tigerdude22

[13]Aug 9, 2011
    Usually, they're like maybe 3 or 4 hours long but I think you're right there futuramarama. I don't have a problem but it's kind of irritating seeing a week-long marathon every time there's a special coming up. If they did once in a while, it really wouldn't be a problem.

tigerdude22

[14]Aug 9, 2011
    @hurr05: Yeah, they usually have just like a simple one day 3-hour marathon and then the special premieres so it kinda gets me excited since I love SpongeBob very much.

tigerdude22

[15]Aug 9, 2011
    @KJLwriter: I think you're right. Although, I don't remember seeing a Victorious marahton. Oh never mind, they did. I probably didn't remember because I didn't watch a lot of television in the afternoon last week. haha

tigerdude22

[16]Aug 9, 2011
    @vanillacupcakes: I looked up the list of icarly episodes and "iLost My Mind" is still considered Season 4. Then again, wikipedia changes things around sometimes so maybe it is Season 5 or maybe it's still Season 4. I don't know but when the special premieres, I will probably know by then

futuramarama

[17]Aug 9, 2011
    you know, you could put all of these into one singular post

tigerdude22

[18]Aug 9, 2011
    @teenj12: Dan Schneider does make live-action shows for Nickelodeon that seem to be popular. Although, sometimes I feel like both iCarly and Victorious use humor that gets old and overused (mostly iCarly). His show that I really love is "Drake and Josh". I love "Victorious" also sooooooo... um well... that's it, I'll just stop there. haha

tigerdude22

[19]Aug 9, 2011
    futuramarama, I know but it confuses some of the users. Like one time, I made this SpongeBob thread and when I put eight users in one singular post, they would get all confused and became a problem. I just don't want to confuse the users but yeah... I know, I can make singular posts. LOL

futuramarama

[20]Aug 9, 2011

i'm just saying, on most forums making multiple posts in the same topic is against the rules. besides, if you make a small gap between the members' names, it shouldn't confuse people.

Edited on 08/09/2011 10:46pm