We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Do you think Melanie will be back?

tjspinfan

[1]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 6

I hope she is. You cant really say one of the main characters has a sister (its worse that its a twin) and then never show that person again. It would also be kinda cute if she got a bit jelous or upset if freddie fancied her.
    Anyway thats just my opinion, what about yours???

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

futuramarama

[2]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 37
    I don't know. Random character, to be honest. I really hoped/wished that Sam was kidding all along. Might be fun for a joke character, which she was already.

tjspinfan

[3]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 6
    Yeah I agree. It would have made more sence.

marcdragicevic

[4]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 21
    I think that they should bring Melanie back, for a few episodes. The plot can be based around, Melanie and Freddie going out, and Carly's jealous, which could reveal Carly's true feelings for Freddie or something like that.

schillingklaus

[5]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    Sam could abuse Melanie in order to fool Gibby or Nevel or so ... they don't know yet about Samhaving a twin sis, do they?

futuramarama

[6]Nov 17, 2009

marcdragicevic wrote:
    I think that they should bring Melanie back, for a few episodes. The plot can be based around, Melanie and Freddie going out, and Carly's jealous, which could reveal Carly's true feelings for Freddie or something like that.

I'd prefer Sam, or just a plain girl Freddie likes a lot

schillingklaus

[7]Nov 18, 2009
    Freddie doesn't like plain girls, only special ones.

pixarprincess

[8]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 13
    schillingklaus wrote:

Oh yeah. Valerie was a Gem, wasn't she? Note Sarcasm.

futuramarama

[9]Nov 20, 2009

schillingklaus wrote:

Anything's possible in TV

schillingklaus

[10]Nov 21, 2009
    Freddie never really liked Valerie. He was talked into dating against his better judgement. And from one point he just maintained it because he felt treated badly by Sam.

NatalieTV100

[11]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 10

schillingklaus wrote:
    Freddie never really liked Valerie. He was talked into dating against his better judgement. And from one point he just maintained it because he felt treated badly by Sam.
    I agree, I never really felt like Freddie truly liked her, it was more of a relationship where he was convinced into dating someone and then it all started from there. I don't know why but their relationship sort of felt werid to me.

ps. To stay on topic, no I do NOT think Melanie should come back. Like someone said previously her character was random and made no sense. I was really hoping for her to be Sam(and not because of the Seddie hints it drop but because that's what I wanted).

fryman1701

[12]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 7
    I really hope they do bring her back from time to time. It gave jeanette a chance to play a very different kind of character, plus it could make for all sorts of fun at others expense (think Mion and Shion in Higurashi)

gamer_boy997

[13]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 4
    I want Melanie to come back. Not because I really like her or anything like that, but because I want Freddie to find out about her. She seemed to really like Freddie and I bet he will like her back if he knew she existed. Poor Freddie, he just wanted to prove that he wasn't gullible, which he did. Now they can bring Melanie back for other purposes

marcdragicevic

[14]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 21
    gamer_boy997 wrote:
    I want Melanie to come back. Not because I really like her or anything like that, but because I want Freddie to find out about her. She seemed to really like Freddie and I bet he will like her back if he knew she existed. Poor Freddie, he just wanted to prove that he wasn't gullible, which he did. Now they can bring Melanie back for other purposes

I actually agree exactly for the same reasons

KatelynBrissey

[15]Dec 8, 2009
    If Melanie did come back I would HOPE they wouldn't bring her back to date Freddie. It's a bit obvious that Sam likes Freddie at this point. That would kill her if her sister dated him. I don't like to see Carly, Freddie, or Sam hurt or depressed.

I also think it would be REALLY strange for Freddie to be dating someone who looks EXACTLY like the person who he is supposed to "hate." He basically can't tell Melanie that she looks hot b/c that'd be like talking about Sam.

C4DM4R

[16]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 2
    but he already called her hot didnt he? im pretty sure he did, it was when he was at the club and was tryign to psyche her out, at least i think. but if they did, a neat idea for a plot would be if both carly and sam wanted her gone. because after isave your life, i think mabye she'll have a lil cruch on him, and i am seddie. (and if sam does too, which every seems to think will happen after ibeat the heat, and i hope for that to happen), they'll work together to get melanie to leave, both saying they want ot for diffenert reasons cause they dont want to admit they like freddie to eachother.

and if you actually understood all that, thats great, cause im a little confused when i read it!

and, you said its kinda audvious that she likes him, could you tell me some actual examples, i am a super seddie shipper, but i also have those stupid doubts, from my cynical side. just, please dont say the teasing, cause sometimes it gets a LITTLE too far, and gets cruel.

KatelynBrissey

[17]Dec 11, 2009
    I think Sam for sure likes Freddie b/c of the end of iSpeed Date. The look on her face is just plain hurt. I'm sure some people will say "oh that's just cuz gibby dissed her and she had no one to talk to," but those are the same ppl that to this day believe that Sam and Freddie didn't like the kiss, they just did it to get it over with.

I don't know if Freddie likes her back. I'd like to think he does, but there's not near as much proof as Sam liking him. I'm currently making videos of seddie moments by episode (instead of by season like the other youtubers have been doing). I will post about it later.

Anyways you're right about Freddie calling Melanie hot, but I think he was mostly saying that to get Sam to admit that she was lying (even tho we know now it wasn't Sam). Don't get me wrong, I'd like to think that he really thought she was hot, but there's no way he'd admit to other people that someone who looks just like Sam was hot. It'd be too much of a boost to Sam's ego.

C4DM4R

[18]Dec 11, 2009

true on both accounts. i'd like to think freddie likes her too, but we have to wait for for dan to make a scene where it shows freddie actually questionsing if he still likes carly or not, then seddie will be a possibility. sam likes freddie, who like carly, who likes ?. a love triangel, im glad its not a square, spencer does NOT belong in any romantic things with ANY of them. wouldent it be crazy if carly liked sam? i know it would never happen, cause its nick, but still.

and it would also be nice to bring her back because the whole episode was random, and is sh was brought back, at least we could see freddies face, i wonder if he'd be dissapointed that there was a melanie, i hope so!

and, i just realized, sam is the only one who hasent kissed a non-icarly trio character, and i am assuming he goin to put something in there. mabye in the episode with griffen, and it be funny if freddie was going to tell her what griffens up to, and sees them kissing, i wonder what HIS face would be like.

KatelynBrissey

[19]Dec 11, 2009
    Yeah I can't WAIT for iBeat the Heat b/c that's the ep where I predict Freddie will show the most feelings for Sam. I sort of see it going the same way you said with Griffin.

I wouldn't mind if Melanie came back. I just didn't want her to come back just to be all lovey with Freddie, then leave again.

C4DM4R

[20]Dec 14, 2009

if melanuie did that, that would be kinda weird, but it could be funnyy if done well. imagine it, shes back, all flirty with freddie, and through a bunch of coincedences, sam is never in the same room. he just assumes she can change really fast. melanie kisses freddie again, and leaves, and when he sees sam, she acts mean to him, and hes like "what your problum sam! do you love me of hate me? juts choose one!"

it would be nice to see more twin confusion, what if freddie had a long lost twin, who his mother left because she didnt want to mix up the names, and hes all flirting with sam, and she hits him each time. then sam wouls go to the real freddie, and start yelling at him. twins are fun to use in shows, but not if its just random. i wodner how shes being put through private school, but her family is kinda poor (i know we dont really know, but its HEAVILY implied).