We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Developement Thread

TheSchwab

[61]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 11
    Exactly saylavee. These people are just pissed that this is just as much of a Seddie episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

saylavee

[62]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 18
    Topic Bump! since someone posted in alot of the threads people havent posted in in months...this and a few other topics that people do post in ALOT or are becoming popular, (or that i just like and are selfisly about to bump becuase i like the conversation)were pushed back to page 3. So yeah BUMP!! 2 days till awesome development episode.

tweenboy

[63]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 9
    saylavee wrote:
    Topic Bump! since someone posted in alot of the threads people havent posted in in months...this and a few other topics that people do post in ALOT or are becoming popular, (or that i just like and are selfisly about to bump becuase i like the conversation)were pushed back to page 3. So yeah BUMP!! 2 days till awesome development episode.

oh yeah .After the episode,can this thread like die,please?

HaydenAvery

[64]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 21
    no this is obviously more centered around Creddie. interpret what Sam says as you may but it means very little.

Girlygirl24

[65]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 28
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    no this is obviously more centered around Creddie. interpret what Sam says as you may but it means very little.

yes its like us saying that there were as much of creddie in ikiss!

hardcorefakes

[66]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 7
    well it looks to like there was WWAAAAAAAAYYYY more creddie in this episode thatn seddie . come to think of it i really didnt see any seddie in this episode

tweenboy

[67]Jan 18, 2010
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    well it looks to like there was WWAAAAAAAAYYYY more creddie in this episode thatn seddie . come to think of it i really didnt see any seddie in this episode

This was A CREDDIE EPISODE.

hardcorefakes

[68]Jan 18, 2010
    tweenboy wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:

yes i am fairly aware of that thank you very much

tweenboy

[69]Jan 18, 2010
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    tweenboy wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:

yes i am fairly aware of that thank you very much

ERGO,NO SEDDIE.

mhan12345

[70]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 1
    saylavee wrote:
    then how come both nathan and dan are giving hints, why would BOTH do that? everyone is going to be watching it anyway, seddie, creddie, neutral, spam, no ship, everyone. unless they dont have time. Creddiers for the obvious creddie. Seddiers to see what happens with Sam. And everyone else for the epic comedy and story that is iCarly. They have no need to lie about what ships are getting attention to boost ratings.

well, if there were any freddy/sam moments, they got cut out. even sam looking concerned about freddy being hurt lost a lot of impact once it was revealed how she took her time to grab a couple of tacos before going to get some help.

mhan12345

[71]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 1
    actually, rewatching the episode right now, and it was actually a little bit touching that sam seemed so concerned over freddy that she actually threw a pizza onto the ground instead of stuffing her face. still lost a lot of impact from the taco thing.

tweenboy

[72]Jan 18, 2010
    mhan12345 wrote:
    actually, rewatching the episode right now, and it was actually a little bit touching that sam seemed so concerned over freddy that she actually threw a pizza onto the ground instead of stuffing her face. still lost a lot of impact from the taco thing.
    So Sam cant be concerned/worried about Freddie without it being a Seddie moment?Ok..

sockstar

[73]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 12
    There were "Sam and Freddie were talking" moments but not "Seddie" moments. There was yet another rejection of Freddie by Sam, and Freddie reaffirming his love for Carly, both by his actions in saving her, his words saying he did want to be her girlfriend, and that he couldn't be with Carly if he feels Carly wasn't really 'in love' with him.

Plus after iSpeed Date and iSYL, Carly's feelings might simply be starting to come to the surface, for a while she'll probably go "I guess he was right, I was just in love with what he did" and then soon enough realise that she might be in real love with him, and that all he's done for her is a part, an important part, but not the only reason why she likes him back.

hardcorefakes

[74]Jan 19, 2010
    sockstar wrote:
    There were "Sam and Freddie were talking" moments but not "Seddie" moments. There was yet another rejection of Freddie by Sam, and Freddie reaffirming his love for Carly, both by his actions in saving her, his words saying he did want to be her girlfriend, and that he couldn't be with Carly if he feels Carly wasn't really 'in love' with him. Plus after iSpeed Date and iSYL, Carly's feelings might simply be starting to come to the surface, for a while she'll probably go "I guess he was right, I was just in love with what he did" and then soon enough realise that she might be in real love with him, and that all he's done for her is a part, an important part, but not the only reason why she likes him back.
    Well some people might see the sam and freddie talking moments as seddie moments

sockstar

[75]Jan 19, 2010
    Yes, but they aren't "seddie moments" in reality. A proper shippy moment is one that reinforces or strengthens the argument for that ship.

Just having them talk to each other isn't a "seddie moment" because then that would mean every scene in every episode with every person is a shippy moment.

I don't believe there have been any true 'seddie moments' at all in Season 3, except perhaps an overarching reduction in their level of antagonism between each other. But that just means they are being better friends to each other.

Since Freddie has outright said he wants to be with Carly, it completely rules out any "Freddie likes Sam" ideas from before this episode. He doesn't think about Sam in that way.

The fact that Sam wasn't jealous at all on top of this.

People have called this a "reset status quo" episode, but in reality, it has progressed Creddie by a huge amount:
    Carly and Freddie can make out and not feel weird.
    Freddie still likes Carly.
    Carly would be perfectly happy with Freddie as boyfriend material.
    An implied future re discussion of the topic.
    Carly didn't reject or refuse her feelings, so they could linger and remain until they go back and admit they are still real.

It also reset Seddie back to a vague feeling that perhaps Sam likes Freddie, with no real evidence to show for it.

TheSchwab

[76]Jan 19, 2010
    Keep grasping at straws sockstar. You just believe what you want to believe and don't know what LOGIC is. Thinking Seddie has no evidence? Seriously?

I hope you know this episode set's Carly and Freddie way back. Know why? Sam knows Carly better than anybody. Sam knows CARLY WILL NEVER LOVE FREDDIE. Freddie listened to SAM. He knew Sam was correct. He recognized he was really just "Foreign Bacon." So if anything this episode severely wounded Carly and Freddie.

Girlygirl24

[77]Jan 19, 2010
    • level: 28
    *sigh* the was may never end.

sockstar

[78]Jan 20, 2010
    TheSchwab wrote:
    Keep grasping at straws sockstar. You just believe what you want to believe and don't know what LOGIC is. Thinking Seddie has no evidence? Seriously?

I hope you know this episode set's Carly and Freddie way back. Know why? Sam knows Carly better than anybody. Sam knows CARLY WILL NEVER LOVE FREDDIE. Freddie listened to SAM. He knew Sam was correct. He recognized he was really just "Foreign Bacon." So if anything this episode severely wounded Carly and Freddie.

I know what logic is. I'm not sure you do. Logic doesn't mean "what I believe is true and anyone who disagrees is being illogical".

I didn't say no evidence at all, I said no evidence this season.

Plus you just had Freddie outright admit he wanted Carly. He doesn't think of Sam that way. Sam again rejected a question of jealous.

Sam is not jealous of Carly. Freddie doesn't think of Sam in that way. Freddie still wants Carly.

Carly knows Carly better than Sam. And if one day she realises that she does love Freddie, then Sam was wrong. She's not a psychic. She's not a mind-reader.

Your continuing use of this "Sam knows Carly, and said Carly will never love Freddie. Carly can't be in love with Freddie because Sam said so" is completely illogical.

Your idea is a textbook Appeal To Authority.

Sam says that Carly will never love Freddie.
    Sam is authoritative (supposedly, because 'she knows Carly better than anyone').
    Therefore, "Carly will never love Freddie" is true.

It's wrong. Sam might know alot about Carly, but to suggest Sam is infallible (especially in the subject of emotion and feelings) is completely and utterly wrong.

hardcorefakes

[79]Jan 20, 2010
    TheSchwab wrote:

ummm schwab how does this set back carly and freddie? lol. sam thinks what she wants to think. who cares what sam knows? she could be wrong and i hope u do realise that freddie still likes carly?and freddie didnt actually "listen" to sam. because at the ed he said "what have I done?"

taillow22

[80]Jan 20, 2010
    No, Freddie listened to Sam. He even mentioned the bacon when they broke up.