We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Cosgrove injured in bus crash.

Zwingli4

[1]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 16

Just got this news. Here is the news article.

Singer/actress Miranda Cosgrove was hurt after her tour bus was involved in a car accident this morning (August 11) in Illinois.

The 18-year-old 'iCarly' star and 'High Maintenance' singer broke her ankle in the crash, which occurred on a highway just outside of Vandalia, Ill.

"There were five passengers on the bus, and Miranda suffered a broken ankle," the teen star's rep told People. "We are told everyone will be fine," the rep added.

Due to the injury, Miranda has been forced to scrap the upcoming shows on her Dancing Crazy Tour, which is currently in the midst of its North American leg. "Her tour is postponed until further notice," her rep revealed.

No word yet on whether or not the canceled shows will be rescheduled. "Miranda thanks everyone for their understanding and support," Miranda's rep added.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

futuramarama

[2]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 37
    good thing she's ok

KJLwriter

[3]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 8
    I'm glad she's okay.

teenj12

[4]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 26
    Yea, I read about it on my mom's phone . I hope this doesn't delay filming for the show.. I hope more details are released.

Zwingli4

[5]Aug 11, 2011

Well not totally OK because her ankle is presently throbbing in agony--but I guess you mean it could have been much worse. Like what happened to Gloria Estefan in that bus crash where she broke her back, and ended up having to have titanium rods attatched to her spine.

pscf3

[6]Aug 11, 2011
    The driver's arm got sliced off. Her mom got hurt, too.

hurr05

[7]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 10

That's so crazy So glad she's okay, but that's sad about her mom. I'll be praying for her and those who were involved. It's insane to watch her be all bubbly on tv, and this happened to her.

vanillacupcakes

[8]Aug 11, 2011
    I'm glad she's okay and everybody is alive, but I really hope her ankle gets better. That's also sad to hear about the bus driver and mom. I wish everybody the best.

teenj12

[9]Aug 11, 2011
    pscf3 wrote:
    Really? Damn .

Vidsignup

[10]Aug 12, 2011
    • level: 7
    pscf3 wrote:

Don't state things that you don't know to be true. It's irresponsible. The accident report stated a piece of metal puntured the windshield and lodged itself far into the driver's arm. It is stated specifically that he did not lose his arm. He is however in critical condition and has received 45 stitches.

pscf3

[11]Aug 12, 2011
    I was just stating what the article said, and what I know to be true. So don't tell ne to post thongs that I don't know to be true because my source said it WAS true. Source- Yahoo.

nicknameless101

[12]Aug 12, 2011
    • level: 25

Glad it's only her ankle that got hurt.

Zwingli4

[13]Aug 12, 2011

Don't be too harsh Vids. Unfortunately on AOL they have Huffington Post as their news platform--probably the most ineptly run news outlet in the history of the world. I read that article and indeed it did imply the drivers arm was sliced off--which of course was wrong, which of course is sloppy, stupid journalism.

hurr05

[14]Aug 12, 2011

Vidsignup wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:
    Don't state things that you don't know to be true. It's irresponsible. The accident report stated a piece of metal puntured the windshield and lodged itself far into the driver's arm. It is stated specifically that he did not lose his arm. He is however in critical condition and has received 45 stitches.
    Excuse you, but who are YOU to tell people what they do and don't know? I realize that you don't want these things to be true about Cosgrove--no one does. But that's no reason to come off like a jerk like, OH. YOU'RE POSTING THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Vidsignup

[15]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 7
    hurr05 wrote:

Vidsignup wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:
    Excuse you, but who are YOU to tell people what they do and don't know? I realize that you don't want these things to be true about Cosgrove--no one does. But that's no reason to come off like a jerk like, OH. YOU'RE POSTING THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

More rude, telling someone they're irresponsible for relaying false news or calling someone an insulting name. Jerk like behaviour indeed. To answer your question of who I am to tell other people what they know, I am simply an intelligent person to bothers to check facts before posting about another human being's serious injury. It's not about what any fan would like to be true. It's about being mature enough to find multiple credible sources that coincide with one another for such things. As much as you for whatever reason seem to take a personal dislike to my tone, the fact remains that I am correct. All it takes is the simple task of reading and common sense, but no, people prefer to regurgitate the first thing they see as fast they possibly can so that maybe, just maybe someone will pat them on the head and give them a cookie. But hey, it's not as if people have an endless knowledge resource at their fingertips to check things like that. I can see very plainly that you're one of those message board types that cares more about everyone being perfectly nice and positive towards one another, than actually having things run in a proper and responsible manner so this debate will not continue from this point. Not that you had a leg to stand on to begin with, in fact I heard you lost it in a boating accident.

pscf3

[16]Aug 13, 2011

If you're so smart, then why aren't you at harvard instead of smarts$$ing people on a questionable Internet site?

And anyway, I'm not GLAD the truck drivers arm was cut off or whatever. I was giving SYMPATHY to him. SO WHAT if I didn't waste my time going to 10 different sites collecting information about it.

Heck, YOU don't even know the specifics. YOU came on here and started an argument. YOU first insulted others. YOU started this whole brouhaha, BUCKO.

I'm just glad Miranda's okay and everybody in that crash is still alive.

EDIT2- I HOPE I get a TOS Violation for this!!

Edited on 08/13/2011 6:47am
    Edited 2 total times.

hurr05

[17]Aug 13, 2011

Vidsignup wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

Vidsignup wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:

More rude, telling someone they're irresponsible for relaying false news or calling someone an insulting name. Jerk like behaviour indeed. To answer your question of who I am to tell other people what they know, I am simply an intelligent person to bothers to check facts before posting about another human being's serious injury. It's not about what any fan would like to be true. It's about being mature enough to find multiple credible sources that coincide with one another for such things. As much as you for whatever reason seem to take a personal dislike to my tone, the fact remains that I am correct. All it takes is the simple task of reading and common sense, but no, people prefer to regurgitate the first thing they see as fast they possibly can so that maybe, just maybe someone will pat them on the head and give them a cookie. But hey, it's not as if people have an endless knowledge resource at their fingertips to check things like that. I can see very plainly that you're one of those message board types that cares more about everyone being perfectly nice and positive towards one another, than actually having things run in a proper and responsible manner so this debate will not continue from this point. Not that you had a leg to stand on to begin with, in fact I heard you lost it in a boating accident.
    Common sense huh? Reading? I have an idea, why don't you sit down and READ what I'm about to tell you? No one cares what you have to say on these boards from here on out. You can't just call someone irresponsible. Heck, YOU'RE irresponsible for CALLING someone irresponsible when YOU don't even know the whole story? And a boating accident? REALLY? You're so freaking lame, it's not even funny.

teenj12

[18]Aug 13, 2011
    Vidsignup wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

Vidsignup wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:

I hope you know you came off mean in your post to pscf3. That's why you are getting bad reception. I don't understand why you had to jump on him like that. You could have just said "Actually, that's not true (explain why its not true)" you could of even added in a smiley face. You did not have to come off mean and have an attitude about it.

pscf3

[19]Aug 13, 2011
    Thank You

teenj12 wrote:
    Vidsignup wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

Vidsignup wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:

I hope you know you came off mean in your post to pscf3. That's why you are getting bad reception. I don't understand why you had to jump on him like that. You could have just said "Actually, that's not true (explain why its not true)" you could of even added in a smiley face. You did not have to come off mean and have an attitude about it.

hurr05

[20]Aug 13, 2011

Really.