We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Carly and Sam: Official Discussion

gideonbernstein

[1]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 45
    Here's a question about Sam. Why does Carly put up with her?
    Edited on 09/02/2008 6:30pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[2]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 13

Because they're best friends, nitwit. I don't mean any offense but that is SERIOUSLY a stupid question! When you're best friends with someone, you accept them for all their faults. That's what a true friend is. It's called "LOVE" not the romantic type, but the kind of love that is between friends that is unconditional. It's a family thing. Why do your mom and dad put up with you? Why does your sibling care about you, anyway? Why do supportive peers and teachers work with the mentally incapable? It's because of that care for another human being. It's called being a friend, caring, and so forth. So don't ask stupid questions!

Okay, my rant is over. This could be said in the general discussion thread or even the thread about Sam or Carly.

Edited on 09/02/2008 8:36pm

AndreaMSkate

[3]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 49

I don't see why we can't keep this thread, for discussion of Carly and Sam's friendship.

Sound good?

edit: Please not that it's not a Sarly discussion...that tends to get too controversial...just about their friendship.

Edited on 09/02/2008 6:31pm

Fireofnature

[4]Sep 2, 2008
    Meh, sounds fine, but still it sounds odd.

gideonbernstein

[5]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 45
    But why did Carly pick a trouble-maker like Sam as a best friend?

iskabibble07

[6]Sep 3, 2008
    There is no need for a thread on this. This could be handled under the general thread or either the carly or the sam thread. I would see this one getting locked.

ger5632

[7]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 24

iskabibble07 wrote:
    There is no need for a thread on this. This could be handled under the general thread or either the carly or the sam thread. I would see this one getting locked.

andrea said that this thread is allowed because you can discuss their friendship here.

anyway, im sure there are many friends that you pick can be violent. and obviously, carly has grown very close to sam. so she probably chose sam because carly accepts the way she treats people. or maybe so that sam wont hurt carly. kidding at the last one! seriously!

Puckett9

[8]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 4
    That's an interesting question, at least coming from Carly's perspective. I would wager a guess though that Carly "needs" Sam in the way Sam "needs" Carly, only inversely. Carly likes to mother, and who needs more looking after than Sam? That going purely on character types. Plus, I don't know how appealing a person like Sam would be like in real life, but she's funny, smart, and extremely loyal. And other stuff.

iskabibble07

[9]Sep 3, 2008
    well Sam seems to become a different person around Carly and Spencer than the image she projects at school. Yes, Carly's mothing of both Freddie and Sam come out from time to time. It is clear that they are very important to her. But both Sam and Freddie have referred to Carly as their best friend but I don't know if I have ever heard Carly refer to them as best friends.

zulaz

[10]Sep 3, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    well Sam seems to become a different person around Carly and Spencer than the image she projects at school. Yes, Carly's mothing of both Freddie and Sam come out from time to time. It is clear that they are very important to her. But both Sam and Freddie have referred to Carly as their best friend but I don't know if I have ever heard Carly refer to them as best friends.

oh yeah your right. she never says to sam or freddie that their her best friend. Well, you CAN have more than one best friend.

iskabibble07

[11]Sep 3, 2008
    zulaz wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    oh yeah your right. she never says to sam or freddie that their her best friend. Well, you CAN have more than one best friend.
    Oh no question about that. But another thing that stands out is that none of these 3, Sam, Freddie or Carly seem to have any really tight friends outside of each other. Spencer talks about some friends like Socko but he doesn't seem to just "hang out" with them. I wonder if he feels he needs to stay around the house to be the authority figure since the 3 kids are there like nonstop.

zulaz

[12]Sep 3, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    zulaz wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    Oh no question about that. But another thing that stands out is that none of these 3, Sam, Freddie or Carly seem to have any really tight friends outside of each other. Spencer talks about some friends like Socko but he doesn't seem to just "hang out" with them. I wonder if he feels he needs to stay around the house to be the authority figure since the 3 kids are there like nonstop.

and there's also the artwork spencer does at home.

iMIMI37

[13]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    I think it's possible that Sam was one of Carly's first friends. Cause in the flashback in iDon't Want to Fight Carly was sitting by herself and sam came up to her and took her tuna.Also maybe Carly was like the new girl, cause kids with parents in the military move a lot. You never know what friends your making until you talk to them, so how was Carly supposed to know that Sam was abraisive. I really need to stop thinking too much.

iskabibble07

[14]Sep 4, 2008
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    I think it's possible that Sam was one of Carly's first friends. Cause in the flashback in iDon't Want to Fight Carly was sitting by herself and sam came up to her and took her tuna.Also maybe Carly was like the new girl, cause kids with parents in the military move a lot. You never know what friends your making until you talk to them, so how was Carly supposed to know that Sam was abraisive. I really need to stop thinking too much.
    No thinking to much is a good thing on these boards. In that clip, the reason Sam liked Carly is she pushed back. So there is part of that in Carly and you do see that spunk come out sometimes. Some of the practical jokes they play on the show demonstrate that Carly can have a little mean streak in her. But she is so sweet most of the time, it says hidden except when she relaxes. And we see that side of her which is a cool part of her character development. See thinking way too much. Its a blessing and a curse.

SapphireStones

[15]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 15
    Puckett9 wrote:
    That's an interesting question, at least coming from Carly's perspective. I would wager a guess though that Carly "needs" Sam in the way Sam "needs" Carly, only inversely. Carly likes to mother, and who needs more looking after than Sam? That going purely on character types. Plus, I don't know how appealing a person like Sam would be like in real life, but she's funny, smart, and extremely loyal. And other stuff.

VERY.
    I don't see what the big deal is. Complete opposites complement each other and bring out the other's good personality traits. I mean, Carly keeps Sam out of trouble (come on, i'm sure witout Carly Sam would be into worse things than she is) and Sam helps Carly...
    ...whoa. lol.
    Seriously, I think Sam helps Carly lighten up a bit since she adds so much comic relief to the show. But just because they're different doesn't mean it makes no sense they're friends. it makes all the sense in the world to me.

Fireofnature

[16]Sep 5, 2008
    Seriously, even take a look at me. I'm a very serious guy, and one of my good friends is a crazy pervert. How's that for complete opposite! Yet, we're still good friends. So that doesn't mean Sam and Carly can't be good friends

iMIMI37

[17]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    I agree, I also have a crazy friend. Sam and Carly are the best pairing as best friends to me.

AndreaMSkate

[18]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 49
    ger5632 wrote:

iskabibble07 wrote:
    andrea said that this thread is allowed because you can discuss their friendship here.

Right. And please leave the moderating to me, thanks.

Animegirlx

[19]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 7
    hmmtwo friends who met over a tuna sandwich

Cal5114

[20]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 5
    Those are the truest of friends! lol