We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Be ok with Sarly?

Be ok with Sarly?

gryffinval7890

[161]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 12
    cheetahboy14 wrote:
    what do u guys think about freddie and spencer being together?

personally i don't like it because i have the same issue with them, as Spam...the age difference... yikes... nuh-uh...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

insomniac360

[162]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 21
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    cheetahboy14 wrote:

personally i don't like it because i have the same issue with them, as Spam...the age difference... yikes... nuh-uh...
    Yeah, it'd just look awkward. What about Freddie/Nevel (Frevel? Neddie?) They're around the same age... but they just don't seem to have that much of a connection.
    Edited on 07/07/2008 4:07am

Nature9000

[163]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    Dude, no offense, I just can't see Freddie getting together with any GUY on the show. He's too interested in girls for that to happen, he doesn't seem very interested in the male gender in a romantic way.

ThereGoesHalo3

[164]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 32
    Nature9000 wrote:
    Dude, no offense, I just can't see Freddie getting together with any GUY on the show. He's too interested in girls for that to happen, he doesn't seem very interested in the male gender in a romantic way.
    Yea, that's true. He's really meant for a girl.

gryffinval7890

[165]Jul 8, 2008
    ThereGoesHalo3 wrote:
    Yea, that's true. He's really meant for a girl.

ehh.. you never know... but i have yet to see a guy that would go well with him on the show...

ycc1988

[166]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 20
    He'd have trouble even being friends with a guy. He sees all guys as competition for Carly. Well, maybe not Gibby, as he has even less of a chance than Freddie, but that pairing scares me.

ger5632

[167]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 24

insomniac360 wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    cheetahboy14 wrote:
    Yeah, it'd just look awkward. What about Freddie/Nevel (Frevel? Neddie?) They're around the same age... but they just don't seem to have that much of a connection.

In iWanna Date Freddie. When Spencer looked into Freddie's eyes and Freddie smiled.... i guess that was a Spreddie moment XD anyway, i dont think they make a good couple too. For once, im saying this but they treat each other like brothers and brothers.... :s Still not seeing Sarly

gryffinval7890

[168]Jul 8, 2008
    ger5632 wrote:

In iWanna Date Freddie. When Spencer looked into Freddie's eyes and Freddie smiled.... i guess that was a Spreddie moment XD anyway, i dont think they make a good couple too. For once, im saying this but they treat each other like brothers and brothers.... :s Still not seeing Sarly

yeah.. not seeing Sarly either... Carlys not cool enough too be with someone like Sam.. tee hee!!!

skull555

[169]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 18
    I like iCarly just the way it is! I wondered for a while why it only had Carly's name, but than decided, oh well!

iskabibble07

[170]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 13
    Its kind of a slippery slope when we start pairing any human with any other human on the show. Before long you have Spencer with Mrs. Benson, Sam with the Principle, Freddie with Gibby, Carly with Spencer and Lewbert with the guy who runs the video store across the street. Its madness i tell you, madness! LOL

senor_fritz

[171]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 20

iskabibble07 wrote:
    Its kind of a slippery slope when we start pairing any human with any other human on the show. Before long you have Spencer with Mrs. Benson, Sam with the Principle, Freddie with Gibby, Carly with Spencer and Lewbert with the guy who runs the video store across the street. Its madness i tell you, madness! LOL

gotta agree with you there. And the sad thing is all those pairings you mentioned will all (if not already) be hitting fanfiction.net at some point. He**, I can already even see the Carly/Spencer drabbles, since incest is the new "in" things right now, apparently. *sigh*

girlgamer20

[172]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    LOL Sarly would be amazing. Anyone who said it'd be 'sick' or 'its a kids show' is stupid. Having gay couples in kids shows isnt going to do anything other then promote equality and cut down on homophobia.

gryffinval7890

[173]Jul 8, 2008
    girlgamer20 wrote:
    LOL Sarly would be amazing. Anyone who said it'd be 'sick' or 'its a kids show' is stupid. Having gay couples in kids shows isnt going to do anything other then promote equality and cut down on homophobia.

totally agree! tee hee!
    the only thing i have against Sarly is that i don't think Carlys right for Sam... now if Carlys personality was more like Freddies... then we can talk...

Freddie is just awesome!!! so is Sam!!! ...not that i dislike Carly... but im not too fond of her... i don't know... people say that Sam is mean and stuff...(which i don't think she is too much... mostly sarcasm...) but Carly is especially... but thats just me, i suppose...

i think i just like Sam and Freddie too much(as individuals...) tee hee!!

StiffKittens

[174]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 5

To be honest, I have absolutely no problem with Sarly. Some people on here are just overreacting a tad bit.

There are obvious gay references on other Nick shows (Spongebob, Drake and Josh for example) why can't there be a bi/lesbian relationship? Its not as if iCarly will turn into a flaming homosexualist show, it will just explore the boundaries of what they can do. It happens in real life, and iCarly is definately the most realistic show, I don't see why there can't be a gay couple.

Obviously, they wont show any "activity", shall we say, but they seem pretty close now anyway as just friends. Maybe its just a matter of time before they admit they're attracted to each other. They're in the prime age for sexual confusion and experimentation, so why shouldnt they just act on it? If it doesnt work out..well, there's always Freddie to fall back on

There was a lesbian couple in Sailor Moon, and I believe that was shown on Nick (or another childrens channel, anyone certain of where?) in the 90s. Although, it was only in the Japanese version, and not the English dub.

kirkstoast

[176]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 1

I'm giving a mature answer.

Well I don't think it would happen because it airs on a childrens network. But if you really think about it they call it TEENick because teens watch it? I think anybody who watches shows on TEENick (Zoey, Drake & Josh, Just Jordan) knows that 'gay' and 'lesbians' actually exisist in the world. I think if they got together that would be kinda cute! I don't want them to because I am a Carly and Freddie kinda girl. But yeah, I wouldn't mind if they did get together, homos and girl couples arn't discusting, its the way someone lives.

AndreaMSkate

[177]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 49
    It's not going to happen because of the reasons mentioned by the user above, but I have nothing against it.

gryffinval7890

[178]Jul 13, 2008
    kirkstoast wrote:

Well I don't think it would happen because it airs on a childrens network. But if you really think about it they call it TEENick because teens watch it? I think anybody who watches shows on TEENick (Zoey, Drake & Josh, Just Jordan) knows that gay and 'lesbians' actually exisist in the world. I think if they got together that would be kinda cute! I don't want them to because I am a Carly and Freddie kinda girl. But yeah, I wouldn't mind if they did get together, homos and girl couples arn't discusting, its the way someone lives.

i agree totally... well... not totally... the only difference is that i go for Seddie... tee hee!

22giggles22

[179]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    As weird as it is, I guess i could see Sam getting a girlfriend at some point in the show, but i can't see Carly dating a girl.

pdyc

[180]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 16
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    kirkstoast wrote:

Well I don't think it would happen because it airs on a childrens network. But if you really think about it they call it TEENick because teens watch it? I think anybody who watches shows on TEENick (Zoey, Drake & Josh, Just Jordan) knows that gay and 'lesbians' actually exisist in the world. I think if they got together that would be kinda cute! I don't want them to because I am a Carly and Freddie kinda girl. But yeah, I wouldn't mind if they did get together, homos and girl couples arn't discusting, its the way someone lives.

i agree totally... well... not totally... the only difference is that i go for Seddie... tee hee!

me too!