We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Be ok with Sarly?

Be ok with Sarly?

Collegebound06

[61]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 32
    ok u asked if we were ok w/ it..i said no..someone refuted so i refuted and i explained why..i dont see the problem w/ my opinion..how am i so closed minded then? pls dont call me that im open to the idea but i just dont think they would do that..its just like ppl who wanted the kim and shego thing..there was one ep where there may have been some kim and shego moments and thats it..best friends like carly and sam do hang out together and do crazy stuff together..that doesnt mean theyll be alone one nite on the couch, look at each other, and kiss
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

yugaton88

[62]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 22
    Collegebound06 wrote:
    ok u asked if we were ok w/ it..i said no..someone refuted so i refuted and i explained why..i dont see the problem w/ my opinion..how am i so closed minded then? pls dont call me that im open to the idea but i just dont think they would do that..its just like ppl who wanted the kim and shego thing..there was one ep where there may have been some kim and shego moments and thats it..best friends like carly and sam do hang out together and do crazy stuff together..that doesnt mean theyll be alone one nite on the couch, look at each other, and kiss

Yes, very true

And they are thirteen year old girls right now. They just act like that around each other because they have been very close friends for five years and Sam does not have a very good Mom. Sam hangs out with Carly alot for that reason, because her Mom does not take care of her.

iCarly_rox_

[63]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 6
    I'd be totally fine because I'm not judging anyone by their orientation, but I prefer Seddie because they're a cuter couple.

gryffinval7890

[64]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    Collegebound06 wrote:

if you felt that way(honestly) you should have said this in the first place. if all you put down is "GROSS" how am i suppossed to think you are open to the idea?

and just so you know, i don't think they would do that either, this whole topie is a hypothetical one...

MalionX

[65]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 4
    I'd be ok with it... would it happen... I don't really see that particular couple emerging... regardless of sexuality... they are just friends. For the most part they are non-awkward friends... which would make a relationship between them very smooth and rather boring from an entertainment point of view. They already spend all their time together, so a relationship wouldn't change that dynamic... only perhaps making them more lovey-dovey... which would ruin their characters in the long run of the show.

Could Carly or Sam have crushes or passing fancies for other girls?... perhaps... that wouldn't be such a big deal.

Come back in 10 years and this kind of thing will be in so-called "kids shows" though.

crzza

[66]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 49
    ^ What he/she said!

yugaton88

[67]Apr 18, 2008
    crzza wrote:
    ^ What he/she said!

When you put it that way you're right.

crzza

[68]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 49
    In 10 years, being g@y will be alright.

yugaton88

[69]Apr 19, 2008
    crzza wrote:
    It is right now, but not on a kids' show yet, but that day will come, mark my words!!!!!!!

gryffinval7890

[70]Apr 19, 2008
    yugaton88 wrote:
    crzza wrote:
    It is right now, but not on a kids' show yet, but that day will come, mark my words!!!!!!!

i sure hope so...diversity should always be the only way

abz08

[71]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 15
    yugaton88 wrote:
    crzza wrote:

So what's wrong with attempting to speed up the process? Or thinking about what the future could be like? ---

'Sheltering' kids from homosexuality doesn't help the situation at all, instead it deters it - making them more close-minded than they could be, and making it more an an issue and more awkward. *frustration* Doesn't Nick and/or Disney realize that? If they see, oh hey! Ryan Evans/Lucas Grabeel is gay - they're cool! Or hey, Ryan and Chad are crushing on each other ... aww! It will be normal 'aww' like instead of gross, if they're introduced to it at a point in their life where they don't know any difference. ---

Ergh - sorry. It's one of my issues.

gryffinval7890

[72]Apr 19, 2008
    abz08 wrote:
    yugaton88 wrote:
    crzza wrote:

So what's wrong with attempting to speed up the process? Or thinking about what the future could be like? ---

'Sheltering' kids from homosexuality doesn't help the situation at all, instead it deters it - making them more close-minded than they could be, and making it more an an issue and more awkward. *frustration* Doesn't Nick and/or Disney realize that? If they see, oh hey! Ryan Evans/Lucas Grabeel is gay - they're cool! Or hey, Ryan and Chad are crushing on each other ... aww! It will be normal 'aww' like instead of gross, if they're introduced to it at a point in their life where they don't know any difference. ---

Ergh - sorry. It's one of my issues.

Right on! you totally said it all...

i can't stand that they treat it like something so abnormal or morally wrong...

its like people are being told it's wrong to like certain things...i mean its not like people can help being gay just like people can't help being straight...cencorship sux...

iskabibble07

[73]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 13

MalionX wrote:
    I'd be ok with it... would it happen... I don't really see that particular couple emerging... regardless of sexuality... they are just friends. For the most part they are non-awkward friends... which would make a relationship between them very smooth and rather boring from an entertainment point of view. They already spend all their time together, so a relationship wouldn't change that dynamic... only perhaps making them more lovey-dovey... which would ruin their characters in the long run of the show. Could Carly or Sam have crushes or passing fancies for other girls?... perhaps... that wouldn't be such a big deal. Come back in 10 years and this kind of thing will be in so-called "kids shows" though.

Many of the objections may come from an open romance between the two. But a lot could be done by just ramping up the affection. Since girlfriends who are not bi often hug, kiss, cuddle, that would be very natural and not awkward between Sam and Carly and even see them get to where they kiss hello and good bye with no awkwardness. Then if that just lead to some affectionate experimentation and curiosity, again, as long as the freindship was the core, the awkwardness would not have to be a problem.

kelalala_121

[74]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 16
    I remember on April fool's day, as I was logging in, I happen to notice a joke saying iCarly is changing to iCarl. I thought that was funny. Anybody else notice?

SilverDragonfan

[75]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 11
    That was terrible! Actually, I hope there are NO real relationships, it would ruin the jokes about Freddie trying to be romantic and Carly always saying NO! I would miss those moments!

Carly + Freddie = BORING!

Sam + Freddie = Not on a children's program!

Sam + Carly???? Do I even need to say it? Unethical for me, but that's my beliefs. And never on a children's TV show, what is up with you people, is this the best you can come up with?

abz08

[76]Apr 20, 2008
    SilverDragonfan wrote:
    ... what is up with you people, is this the best you can come up with?

No, actually - you forgot Sam/Spencer, which, to be honest partially holds the most potential and is the worst as far as ethics goes for me at least. ---

But I severely disagree as far as your opinion of Carly/Freddie being boring. Very non-boring, come to think of it. What other ship under the Disney/Nickelodian sun has a pinning down scene? Twice! XD Plus their banter is funny.

ycc1988

[77]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 20
    abz08 wrote:
    What other ship under the Disney/Nickelodian sun has a pinning down scene? Twice!

Remember in Ned's Declassified, "Reading" (3-02) when Moze ran into Ned and fell on top of him?

abz08

[78]Apr 20, 2008
    ycc1988 wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    What other ship under the Disney/Nickelodian sun has a pinning down scene? Twice!

Remember in Ned's Declassified, "Reading" (3-02) when Moze ran into Ned and fell on top of him?

Ah, the accidental one on top of the other doesn't count (to me at least, in the way I mean it at least.) Plus - it was only once. And there was only the close up shot of their heads. ---

Carly actively pinned him down. Twice. And we got both the "close-up" of them along with the wide panned view too.

ycc1988

[79]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 20
    Well, it wasn't like Moze got off him right away...

rockon45

[80]Apr 20, 2008
    and now moze and ned are dating...