We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Be ok with Sarly?

Be ok with Sarly?

gryffinval7890

[41]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    its amazing to me how immature some people on here can be... i swear my 7 and 8 year old brothers are more open-mineded...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nate1606

[42]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 9
    Okay let me knock a try at this topic:

Well as much as it is a childrens show the same that drake and josh but gave a little gayness but that was for kicks but cause it was supposed to act funny.

Well as four spongebob being gay OMFG, I mean the episode where he and patrick were taking care of the baby clam was gayish so I have to agree there but squidbob, *barfs a little* bob thinks of squidward as his close personal friend and squid dispises bob so unless bob suddenly rapes squid i wont see that coming.

Well and as for Sarly/Cam I think that MIGHT happen whhen they are like 16 maybe but at there age it has very low percentages to see them togather maybe like just long hugs or a acciedenal kiss but it is very low to see that happing

taillow22

[43]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    icarly isnt a reflection of your own personal life. grow up.

garnergeek

[44]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 14

WOW! Are you kidding me! I'm not against gay people, I go to an Arts school where there are a lot of gay kids... UM YEAH BUT THIS IS A KIDS SHOW!!!! You just don't show two girls or boys (especially if they are like, 12-15 or whatever) kissing. Parents are NOT gonna like that.

Again, not againt gay people AT all, but this is a show geared to like 6-13 year olds, it's just wrong to show same gender love/kissing on a childrens show, sorry.

AND the world plus television is still very close-minded. I really don't see this happening at all. Also, being gay is not a joke, a lot of people take it very serious and it doesn't belong on a show like this.

Sorry for being so WOW about it, I was just shocked when I saw the thread.

Edited on 04/12/2008 3:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.

iskabibble07

[45]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 13
    Ok if we are so open, what about sparley?

Wedgie317

[46]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 13
    Can people stop saying that it would never happen because it's a kids show? We all know that by now! It's just a DISCUSSION!
    Edited on 04/12/2008 4:06pm

NecroCharm

[47]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 7

gryffinval7890 wrote:
    its amazing to me how immature some people on here can be... i swear my 7 and 8 year old brothers are more open-mineded...

I know how you feel. The people getting all bent calling it sick and gross have yet to give ONE good reason behind that. They act as if seeing a gay couple will irreversibly damage someone.

NecroCharm

[48]Apr 12, 2008

iskabibble07 wrote:
    Ok if we are so open, what about sparley?

And what is that supposed to be? Spencer and Carly it's not. And if that is what you meant they are related, incest is not something we should be a champion for.

And if you did mean spencer and carly, there is no E in Carly's name. It would be Sparly.

ksboy100

[49]Apr 12, 2008
    I wouldn't be ok with it also.

gryffinval7890

[50]Apr 12, 2008
    i think that the gay topic should always be an open one. it would show diversity and people would be more comfortable to be themselves instead of trying to conform to strive for acceptance...i wish we lived in a world that everyone new that where ever they would go, they didn't have to worry about being discriminated against...

Some people that think exposing children to the subject on being gay would confuse them and they would end up being gay...but thats completely wrong! i have a good friend that has mom's that are lesbians and she's straight. and what about the people that are gay and have a family that only ever taught them the "conventional" lifestyle? those are the people that are confused because they don't know what to be, and are unhappy over what they can't control...

and yes, people can NOT control what their sexuality is... if you disagree think about your sexuality and try to change it...

thats how it is, and there is nothing anyone can do about it...

NecroCharm

[51]Apr 12, 2008

gryffinval7890 wrote:
    i think that the gay topic should always be an open one. it would show diversity and people would be more comfortable to be themselves instead of trying to conform to strive for acceptance...i wish we lived in a world that everyone new that where ever they would go, they didn't have to worry about being discriminated against... Some people that think exposing children to the subject on being gay would confuse them and they would end up being gay...but thats completely wrong! i have a good friend that has mom's that are lesbians and she's straight. and what about the people that are gay and have a family that only ever taught them the "conventional" lifestyle? those are the people that are confused because they don't know what to be, and are unhappy over what they can't control... and yes, people can NOT control what their sexuality is... if you disagree think about your sexuality and try to change it... thats how it is, and there is nothing anyone can do about it...

Very well said, I think most of this is fear and nothing more. I have 2 nephew's and both have lesbian mothers and both are straight. It will be a long time before people open their minds to this.

sunnstar7

[52]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 9
    NecroCharm wrote:
    yugaton88 wrote:
    NecroCharm wrote:

abz08 wrote:
    Whoops... I think I pressed the wrong button. I meant to put 'Yeah, be cool.' I can see it. Moreso than Seddie, actually. *shrug*

Sam being a lesbian wouldn't shock anybody. But this is a kids show and I doubt anybody will do an lesbian couple for another 100 years. Be interesting.

Sam is NOT a lesbian. God, lol. It would be kinda funny for like, a MINUTE!! But c'mon!!!! Get realistic.

How do you know she isn't Bi? She grabbed Carly's butt and Carly didn't seem to insulted. Why are you so against this?

Um, in the DARK when she couldn't SEE. Seriously, guys, this is a KID'S show.

NecroCharm

[53]Apr 12, 2008

sunnstar7 wrote:

It was rather obvious who was beside her, and look at Carly's face. But anyway, please explain why this wouldn't be ok for a kids show if done the same way as a straight couple. Come on, we are not getting anywhere but round in circles. If this thread isn't going to go in a positive direction maybe it should be locked. Only 2 people have given excellent replies, seriously people add something.

abz08

[54]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 15
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    NecroCharm wrote:
    yugaton88 wrote:
    NecroCharm wrote:

abz08 wrote:
    Whoops... I think I pressed the wrong button. I meant to put 'Yeah, be cool.' I can see it. Moreso than Seddie, actually. *shrug*

Sam being a lesbian wouldn't shock anybody. But this is a kids show and I doubt anybody will do an lesbian couple for another 100 years. Be interesting.

Sam is NOT a lesbian. God, lol. It would be kinda funny for like, a MINUTE!! But c'mon!!!! Get realistic.

How do you know she isn't Bi? She grabbed Carly's butt and Carly didn't seem to insulted. Why are you so against this?

Ah - but the characters will grow up, and then they won't be kids anymore, children will not be watching them anymore - and there's no good reason why they couldn't be lesbians and be together. ---

I'm getting really tired of this excuse to be anti-Carly/Sam.

NecroCharm

[55]Apr 12, 2008

abz08 wrote:
    Ah - but the characters will grow up, and then they won't be kids anymore, children will not be watching them anymore - and there's no good reason why they couldn't be lesbians and be together. --- I'm getting really tired of this excuse to be anti-Carly/Sam.

And they are getting to that age anyway, it would be real for someone like Sam to confuse her feelings for Carly as love when she doesn't have many people she can trust and treat her right in her life. Her parents are terrible as mentioned and how many friends outside Carly and Freddie does she have? It would work easy at that point.

I am getting sick of this to, this whole discussion is just going around in circles.

gryffinval7890

[56]Apr 12, 2008
    NecroCharm wrote:

abz08 wrote:
    Ah - but the characters will grow up, and then they won't be kids anymore, children will not be watching them anymore - and there's no good reason why they couldn't be lesbians and be together. --- I'm getting really tired of this excuse to be anti-Carly/Sam.

And they are getting to that age anyway, it would be real for someone like Sam to confuse her feelings for Carly as love when she doesn't have many people she can trust and treat her right in her life. Her parents are terrible as mentioned and how many friends outside Carly and Freddie does she have? It would work easy at that point.

I am getting sick of this to, this whole discussion is just going around in circles.

that would make sence since carly is one of the only people that sam is nice to(and tries to do nice things for), and, to my memory, she doesn't insult her...and she insults freddie cuz she see's him as a threat. (its just a theory, even if it isn't very possible) i still like it...

NecroCharm

[57]Apr 12, 2008
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    NecroCharm wrote:

abz08 wrote:

that would make sence since carly is one of the only people that sam is nice to(and tries to do nice things for), and, to my memory, she doesn't insult her...and she insults freddie cuz she see's him as a threat. (its just a theory, even if it isn't very possible) i still like it...

That would be classic and explaina lot! I doubt it to and think they will go ahead with Sam and Freddie.

gryffinval7890

[58]Apr 12, 2008
    NecroCharm wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    NecroCharm wrote:

abz08 wrote:

That would be classic and explaina lot! I doubt it to and think they will go ahead with Sam and Freddie.

yeah, sam and freddie seem to have a little something going on...hee hee hee! they would be cute together i think..

MillionaireMan6

[59]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 16

NecroCharm wrote:
    Since there is talk of sam and freddie and freddie and carly....How would you guys feel about Sarly? How would you react to Carly and Sam dating.

Oh, yeah, like there's gonna be a lesbian date on a kid's show.

abz08

[60]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 15
    GAAAH!!! The plot bunnies!! The relationship ideas!! ACK! My brain hurts. I'm sad. ---

Because that would be one heck of a love triangle. ---

*is ashamed*