We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Be ok with Sarly?

Be ok with Sarly?

Fireofnature

[201]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 13
    victorialucas wrote:

I'm a little miffed that I even found out about "Sarly". Why do I watch Nick and Disney shows? Because I want a break from the violence and sexuality proliferating in adult shows. Now I can't watch iCarly without thinking, "Oh, Carly and Sam are touching--SARLY!!!" It reminds me of the time in fourth grade when my best friend and I were holding hands as we walked, and some cruel obnoxious kid came up to us and said, "Ewww, are you guys gay?!"

Our innocence was henceforth shattered.

Now I would be fine with Sarly if this was a teen drama (e.g. Degrassi). But seeing as how this is a situational comedy where tact and substance rarely find time to appear between the laugh track, I can't forsee it being done with much success. Plus I worry about how much the Sarly support is coming from guys who find the concept of lesbians "hot" but use the veneer of gay rights to justify its existence.

Beware you've just incured the wrath of all the people who snap, bite and complain about people talking about "why" something won't happen. It's going to get annoying, dang, this place is starting to get like that Seddie/Creddie battlefield was, and I'm surprised no one's complained to andrea about it yet....

Okay, so I'm not for Sarly simply because I don't think they would go together like that, they just don't seem to work out well in that light, since they seem more like sisters. Not only that, but I'm already for a few other pairings than that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AndreaMSkate

[202]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 49
    Right. Sam and Carly definitely are like sisters. Sisters that (almost) never fight..

It's too controversial a pairing for Nick to do anyway. The last thing I think they want to do is trigger controversy over one of their highly popular shows.

iskabibble07

[203]Jul 23, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Right. Sam and Carly definitely are like sisters. Sisters that (almost) never fight.. It's too controversial a pairing for Nick to do anyway. The last thing I think they want to do is trigger controversy over one of their highly popular shows.
    I agree and I think the family like atmosphere between all 4 characters means we won't see any obvious romance that fits any of our categories, at least not in season 2. Sarly would take the freshness and sweetness out of Sam and Carly's relationship but Creddie or Seddie might do the same to the group feel they have. Yes even Sam and Freddies sometimes argumentative relationship has a simplicity to it that is one of the reasons the show is so refreshing to watch. Romance would weight that down. I don't see any romances other than one show crushes on outside people messing with a formula that works. Dan is way to smart to do that.

dava203

[204]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 14
    If this was like PG 13 I'd be okay with it but kids watch this and I dont think they'd do it.

ger5632

[205]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 24

dava203 wrote:
    If this was like PG 13 I'd be okay with it but kids watch this and I dont think they'd do it.

they talk about boobs and 'helping bras'. its already PG 13 if you ask me... and the bra talking can get really annoying at times...

Fireofnature

[206]Oct 4, 2008
    ger5632 wrote:

dava203 wrote:

they talk about boobs and 'helping bras'. its already PG 13 if you ask me... and the bra talking can get really annoying at times...

*rolls eyes* you type of people...talking about bras doesn't make it PG 13! They've done that in G rated things! PG 13 is more like violence. If Freddie punched Jonah in the face or someone threatened someone with a knife...THEN it would be PG 13! Or then you might think it's rated R!

marcdragicevic

[207]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 21
    I would be ok with it. It would be weird though, but they shouldn't do it when a lot of children are watching.

schillingklaus

[208]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 12

Sam is too dumb and too materialistic fopr carly.

Carly deserves something much better, such as Gibby, Reuben, or Dustin Brooks from Zoey 101

marcdragicevic

[209]Jan 16, 2010
    Nah Carly couldn't even understand Reuben at all.

tweenboy

[210]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 9
    NecroCharm wrote:

abz08 wrote:
    Whoops... I think I pressed the wrong button. I meant to put 'Yeah, be cool.' I can see it. Moreso than Seddie, actually. *shrug*

Sam being a lesbian wouldn't shock anybody. But this is a kids show and I doubt anybody will do an lesbian couple for another 100 years. Be interesting.

Just becuase she`s a tomboy?Well it would d@@@ well shock me.

Maybe Sam would be a lezbo in ppl`s fan fiction minds.

marcdragicevic

[211]Jan 16, 2010
    tweenboy wrote:
    NecroCharm wrote:

abz08 wrote:
    Whoops... I think I pressed the wrong button. I meant to put 'Yeah, be cool.' I can see it. Moreso than Seddie, actually. *shrug*

Sam being a lesbian wouldn't shock anybody. But this is a kids show and I doubt anybody will do an lesbian couple for another 100 years. Be interesting.

Just becuase she`s a tomboy?Well it would d@@@ well shock me.

Maybe Sam would be a lezbo in ppl`s fan fiction minds.

Yeah your probably right with that last statement.

xiaxia123

[212]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 4
    Sarly reminds me of Drake and Josh. I remember in the episode when Josh meets Oprah, Drake and Josh kissed each other lip to lip.

marcdragicevic

[213]Jan 16, 2010
    What serious? When?

tweenboy

[214]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 9
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    What serious? When?
    It was a supposed to be tooken as a joke and Josh responded negative to it,but i guess atleast the Teens "saw" it as more than it was meant to be,as the show was for Tweens/

marcdragicevic

[215]Jan 20, 2010
    I'm more confused after that last comment :S

Minor_Annoyance

[216]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 14
    This is actually the discussion that brought the show to my attention. Not this one here, but I was linked to a page on a site talking about Willow and Kennedy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer which was a lesbian site (legitimate, not x-rated) and on the side of the screen they had topics from their forum and one of them was "is iCarly iGay?" I had heard of the show from a reference on How I Met Your Mother and knew it was a kids show so I had to read this. To summarize, being experts in reading the "signs" they have seen a lot of them but doubted they'd really intend to have it ever be official.
    One of them also said the show was actually funny despite her being well past the target age and many agreed, surprised they weren't the only adults thought so. So I watched it too.

marcdragicevic

[217]Mar 4, 2010
    Minor_Annoyance wrote:
    This is actually the discussion that brought the show to my attention. Not this one here, but I was linked to a page on a site talking about Willow and Kennedy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer which was a lesbian site (legitimate, not x-rated) and on the side of the screen they had topics from their forum and one of them was "is iCarly iGay?" I had heard of the show from a reference on How I Met Your Mother and knew it was a kids show so I had to read this. To summarize, being experts in reading the "signs" they have seen a lot of them but doubted they'd really intend to have it ever be official.
    One of them also said the show was actually funny despite her being well past the target age and many agreed, surprised they weren't the only adults thought so. So I watched it too.

Oh really. Which episode was that of that show?