We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

#513 "iBust a Thief" Episode Discussion

vanillacupcakes

[1]Nov 7, 2012
    • level: 16

The last episode before the finale! A thief steals Sam's laptop, and the iCarly tries to get it back. Meanwhile, Spencer spends his time at the arcade with Guppy (I think it's because it's his favorite place, and you need a kid to get in?). There also is a South Park inspired cartoon they are putting on the webshow.

This is the episode where Dan posted a photo on twitter and deleting it, making fans go crazy.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md1iaoXt9g1qhs8yao1_500.jpg

Rumor has it that Carly and Freddie might kiss in this episode or the finale, and something will also go down with Freddie and Sam. Although these are rumors....spread by iCarly fans....and you know how that goes. xD But I won't knock down the rumors just yet. We shall see!

I haven't made a new thread in awhile, so I thought I'd come back to post one!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[2]Nov 7, 2012
    • level: 21
    The worst mistake you could ever make is to steal Sam's laptop, and nice facial expression by Nathan as Freddie,

teenj12

[3]Nov 8, 2012
    • level: 26
    Eh, it might just be Sam roughing him up a little because he said a throwaway line about her laptop being stolen .

But who knows. In the end, the finale determines everything.

vanillacupcakes

[4]Nov 8, 2012

@marc: Haha, you don't mess with Sam.

@teenj: Yeah, I think Dan basically said that she's mad/freaking out. The promo makes it seem like it's the opening scene, so I highly doubt anything shippy will be happening at that moment. But I won't dismiss that it could be a "dramatic" episode.

Promos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SBV2XNOfRc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Txp3cwC5o

teenj12

[5]Nov 8, 2012
    I really like the cartoon iCarly video . That should be fun to watch .

alexspotsme

[6]Nov 8, 2012
    • level: 15
    Hope we can enjoy this one, because it's the last regular episode. Not to be a downer, but I'm sad about this, too.

let's enjoy this episode, the best we can.

vanillacupcakes

[7]Nov 10, 2012

Summary of clip:Sam is so hungry, she eats Freddie's hand. Carly makes Sam throw his hand back up so Freddie can have his hand back. But because Sam is hungry again, she eats Freddie's other hand. Then they sing a song about it. I'm not joking.

http://family-room.ew.com/2012/11/09/icarly-the-whole-gang-gets-animated-exclusive-video/

ETA: I thought this episode was pretty funny. Gibby and Guppy actually didn't annoy me this time, and I liked the ending. However, the BEST part of the episode was the iGoodbye promo.

Edited on 11/10/2012 5:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

alexspotsme

[8]Nov 10, 2012
    This wasn't too bad of an episode, I liked the cute cartoon at the beginning. The main plot was kind of bland, but I laughed so much when we find out that part of Sam's Serial Number was a "4" and not a 9. That happens a lot. xD

Actually, this was one of my favorite plots for Spenser. I can totally related to his gamer side. It was lame how we get points on a card and not just tickets anymore. Nostalgia is being torn down to pieces!

It was cute of Guppy to appear tonight. He definitely got older, and doesn't have that light cute voice anymore. He still does, but it got more mature.

And hooray, iCarly retweeted me tonight~ Just before the finale.

83optics

[9]Nov 10, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* oh, i see there was one more episode of South Park this season...

* meat money > drug money

* hork, spudmonkey, skunkbag

* those ball pits are so fun, though, i'd rather not know why the balls are wet.

* okay, Fifty Shades of Grey, that wins Reference Of The Entire Series.

* so which actor will play Carly's father?

BrookeParker

[10]Nov 10, 2012
    • level: 12
    The cartoon was nice. That Sam! Also the episode in general was nice/decent. Looked interesting from the promos. There were some things I thought about, as I always say. Guppy returned! Gibby was wrong for how he did Guppy, and Sam was her usual messy self! Lol, and so was Spencer. Funk E. Festers. Wow. Clever. Lol.

BrookeParker

[11]Nov 10, 2012
    Oh, and the promo of the last episode was nice. Lol at Gibby thinkin' Spencer was Carly's Dad! Wow.

BrookeParker

[12]Nov 10, 2012
    I expected there to be comments already about it.

teenj12

[13]Nov 10, 2012
    This was a pretty good episode.

The cartoon short was hilarious. Up there as one of the best segments of the webshow. It was funny when Sam started trashing Carly's house xDDD, but I felt bad when one of the books hit Spencer's head. Ouch. Lmao when Sam tore into that old lady's house. Who else kind of knew her laptop was gonna be in the fridge/pizza box? Why didn't she tell them though? .

The Spencer plot was fun. It was nice to see Guppy again. He definitely got older, but he still keeps his signature "Happy Birthday!" chant . I thought Spencer wouldn't get the 1000th point, but he ended up getting it after all.

Overall, I'd give this episode a 9.5 . Kinda felt like a throwback episode.

The promo for the final episode was good. Gibb's such an idiot still thinking Spencer is Carly's dad xD.

alexspotsme

[14]Nov 10, 2012
    I dont know about you guys, but I felt like a tear was coming in when watching that finale promo.

You think Dan actually got Tom Hanks to be Carly's dad? We'll see.

Fireofnature

[15]Nov 10, 2012
    • level: 13

I'm actually surprised by this episode. I was expecting it to be as lackluster as the last few, and thought almost for a second at the end that it might wind up without any kind of finisher to the plot like the others, until Sam found her laptop. The episode actually delivered on what it was supposed to be, good clean humor. Nice that they throw that in as the second to last episode, but at least it gives somewhat of a way to seeing what the final episode may or may not be like.

The promo for the finale was a bit sad, seeing Sam and Carly both in the elevator at the end was just a bit of a reminder that both are moving on away. You know, I'll admit what's happening is usually what I've always written in my fanfictions about the end of iCarly, where the three just move away from each other and go on to live separate lives. You don't always stay with your first friends or the people you grew up with in Junior high/high school. It's a rare deal, and I've always suspected that's how iCarly would end up. It's sad to see it happening that way though, but it's bound to be an emotional end indeed.

Edited on 11/10/2012 8:05pm

nicknameless101

[16]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 25

It was a pretty comical episode, seeing how crazy Sam went in finding her laptop and how badly Spencer wanted that dolphin. The cartoon was amusing too. It reminded me of South Park, even though I don't watch that show. I wonder what those dirty guys in the beginning were doing in the iCarly studio, though.

RiciSmokes2

[17]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 7
    This was fairly funny. I spent a large part of the Spencer plot trying to see if it was really $51.00 to get chilli and cheese on your hot dog. Once Carly mentioned the pizza from 3 days ago I knew that was where the laptop would be, it's just something Sam would do. 8/10.

pokemonmonmon

[18]Nov 14, 2012
    • level: 5

this is one of the better episopdes of the season if not the best episode of the season. its the prequel to the end whichleads to a new beginning. it'll be sad to see it go but this show is definitely past its prime and all good things must ome to an end. hope we get to see the icarly and victorious gang in future hits

loey12886

[19]Nov 16, 2012
    • level: 10

alexspotsme wrote:
    This wasn't too bad of an episode, I liked the cute cartoon at the beginning. The main plot was kind of bland, but I laughed so much when we find out that part of Sam's Serial Number was a "4" and not a 9. That happens a lot. xD.

That part confused me she wrote down a "4" on the marshmallow and Freddie wrote down "9" for the serial number. How did Sam give them the wrong number if Freddie was the one who wrote down the number "9"

If the old ladies serial number was "629" then it was Freddie's fault if Sam put down "624" on the marshmallow.

I'm just so confused about that part

Edited on 11/16/2012 4:45pm

teenj12

[20]Nov 16, 2012
    loey12886 wrote:

alexspotsme wrote:
    This wasn't too bad of an episode, I liked the cute cartoon at the beginning. The main plot was kind of bland, but I laughed so much when we find out that part of Sam's Serial Number was a "4" and not a 9. That happens a lot. xD.

That part confused me she wrote down a "4" on the marshmallow and Freddie wrote down "9" for the serial number. How did Sam give them the wrong number if Freddie was the one who wrote down the number "9"

If the old ladies serial number was "629" then it was Freddie's fault if Sam put down "624" on the marshmallow.

I'm just so confused about that part

My guess is that when Sam wrote 4, it looked like a 9? idk...