We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

#509 "iRescue Carly" Episode Discussion

teenj12

[1]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 26

Plot: Carly gets into trouble when she doesn't listen to Sam's cautionary advice about a pal who had just been released from a juvenile detention facility. Meanwhile, Spencer gets obsessed with a pair of night-vision goggles.

Promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcgMh-Bm0bQ

Airdate: October 27, 2012

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[2]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 13
    phew I'm actually glad Freddie's captive too and it's Sam to save the day, I was NOT wanting to have to hear another seddie vs creddie shipper thing going on.

teenj12

[3]Oct 26, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    phew I'm actually glad Freddie's captive too and it's Sam to save the day, I was NOT wanting to have to hear another seddie vs creddie shipper thing going on.
    Yea, people are such idiots thinking this would be Freddie saving Carly.

BrookeParker

[4]Oct 27, 2012
    • level: 12
    Wow. Sam butter-sock fighting was funny. Carly shouldn't've went to the party. There were other (minor) things I thought about as well.

83optics

[5]Oct 27, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* Ratman > Batman

* heft, moist, hard butter

* poor nerd, the Harry Potter look just isn't in anymore.

* iCandypants

* when you're at your Halloween party this year, check to make sure the smoking punch isn't toilet punch.

* that was some straight-up first-person-shooter butter-socking goin' on right there...

Edited on 10/27/2012 8:22pm

Fireofnature

[6]Oct 27, 2012
    • level: 13
    I am beginning to lose faith that these last few episodes will be anything to "blow me away", so to speak. I did think the dark fighting with the night vision goggles was a cool part. The rest was just a bit lackluster for me, and I can just hear the deranged shippers already fighting over Carly calling Freddie first, rather than seeing the episode for the friendship between Sam and Carly. Although I'm not a Cam shipper (You know it's funny, fanfiction writers are gonna have yet another Cam pairing when Sam and cat starts XD), nor do I like femslash, but I could definitely see some Cam momentum in the episode XD

BrookeParker

[7]Oct 27, 2012
    • level: 12
    Also the rescuing (or them being tied up)kinda reminded me of the "iPsycho" episodes.

teenj12

[8]Oct 28, 2012

So I thought this episode was actually pretty good. I liked the scenes at the Groovy Smoothie with Sam, Carly, and Dana. I thought she was being really mean to Carls. I didn't like how Dana and her trashy friends held Carly, Freddie, and Gibby hostage. Then threw stuff at them :O . Sam's "Maybe I've gone soft, but my butter hasn't" xDDDDD. Glad Sam herself admitted that she isn't as hard as she used to be, but if you push her, she will totally victimize your a** xP. Her beating them up in the dark with he butter was awesome. She was spanking that one guy's butt lmao.

The Night Vision Goggles plot wasn't that interesting until Sam used them, but Gibby taking his shirt off again at last was epic!

All in all, I'd give this a 9/10.

Edited on 10/28/2012 6:09pm

vanillacupcakes

[9]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 16

I loved how they outright said that Sam has gotten "softer" and acknowledged the fact that she got character development. You can tell that she is done with her old life and really turned it around. She's defending more nerds and won't fight with people without a reason. Yet she's still awesome and will defend people in an awesome way. She's just an awesome character now. You can say the show has gotten worse, but you can't say that Sam hasn't gotten better as a character.

Carly was really adorable in this episode. I was so sure the criminal would be a bad boy guy she wanted to impress. I'm glad they didn't take the "Carly is shallow" route again. This time she wanted to prove a point. I do think she is underestimated by everyone just because she's a little naive and girly. I think she really can take care of herself...well under normal conditions, not partying with prisoners.

I didn't know people thought it was a shippy episode, I thought people would be sure that it was a Cam episode. Carly called Freddie first, because she didn't want Sam to know she couldn't handle being there. Otherwise, she would call Sam. It could maybe be "shippy" if Freddie went alone, but he immediately said he'd bring Gibby and rushed Gibby to come with him.

alexspotsme

[10]Oct 29, 2012
    • level: 15
    Great episode, so so great.

This episode proved that Sam has reached a new level in maturity, and went out of her way to save her friends. Her prison friends are so low, and it shows how they'll look to be in their future. Her friend Dana is not appealing in any way either, so I'm glad she was one of the many juvie punks to get wacked by Sam's butter sock! Sam and Carly, by this point, have an unbreakable bond; just like when we saw their conflicts in iReunite with Missy and iQuit iCarly; it's amazing how much our girls have come so far in the years we've been watching them grow.

Carly is just a cute Plushie anime character, and I want one of my own!! I found it adorable when she said "I have my own debit card!".

Gibby taking off his shirt, while phenomenal, was kind of... disburbing in a way. Definitely not that cute chubby boy anymore. He's still young, under 18, so I really have no where to describe this part about him. Those arm pits though, dang boy, Gibby hit puberty. When I heard about this before I saw the episode, I was hoping that he had taken off his shirt when fighting the juvie kids. Just like he did when fighting against Nora.

All hail the butter sock, and I shall make my own some day.... nah. Probably too gross because the butter can melt... I remember that one episode where Sam was cleaning out her sock with the nasty butter.

Butter Sock also got trended last weekend when this episode aired. Dan sure can get trends going.

Overall, loved this episode a lot, great development, and a satisfying ending. A solid 8/10

teenj12

[11]Nov 2, 2012
    alexspotsme wrote:

All hail the butter sock, and I shall make my own some day.... nah. Probably too gross because the butter can melt... I remember that one episode where Sam was cleaning out her sock with the nasty butter.
    Lol, my sister actually wanted to make a butter sock xP.

marcdragicevic

[12]Nov 20, 2012
    • level: 21
    Carly can make some really bad decisions, you could just tell it was going to lead to trouble. They're lucky they got out of there alive in the end.

nicknameless101

[13]Nov 20, 2012
    • level: 25

Yeah, this episode was pretty cool. Sam may still be a tomboy, but she's not so much a bully anymore, the way she protects her friends and even that "nerdy" guy. Carly, along with the others, have probably been the best influences on her. The night vision goggles was entertaining, especially the teddy bear fight bit.

marcdragicevic

[14]Nov 20, 2012
    Didn't feel comfortable them making fun of that guy, especially for a Nickelodeon show.

nicknameless101

[15]Nov 21, 2012
    • level: 25

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Didn't feel comfortable them making fun of that guy, especially for a Nickelodeon show.
    Exactly. It's so cliche and mean of people to make fun of that bespectacled guy. I, myself, actually like those kinds of guys.

marcdragicevic

[16]Nov 23, 2012
    Me too, it was just obvious that the guy had some disorder which isn't his fault. They could have done it a different way with someone else.