We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

2007-2008 Writer's Strike Affects iCarly

Canogaparkcindy

[1]May 10, 2008
    • level: 49

As you might know, iCarly was one of the shows affected by the strike. When I looked more into it, it said Nickelodeon ordered 40 episodes of iCarly for the first season. They did 15 of 40 before the strike. But after the strike, they already produced 11 more. Just letting veryone know, here's the link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect_of_the_2007%E2%80%9308_Writers_Guild_of_America_strike_on_television

Go to Shows With Shortened Seasons...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

yugaton88

[2]May 10, 2008
    • level: 22
    1.) The strike is long over.
    2.) That's Wikipedia, anyone can post there.

Collegebound06

[4]May 10, 2008
    • level: 32
    yeah and dan is the writer for icarly..he wasnt one of the writers on strike or one of the writers that really needed to go on strike

Canogaparkcindy

[5]May 11, 2008
    Well, it was affected by it & Dan isnt the only writer, i know the strike is long over but I just want to let you guys know that Season One will have 40 episodes plus I tried to post something fake on Wikipedia & it didnt let me so thats to prove that real things are on there, besides Type on yahoo, 2007-2008 Writers Guld Strike if u dont believe in wikipedia....

Collegebound06

[6]May 11, 2008
    i thought it was just nick b/c at first they always have a new ep like every weekend and then they gradually change it..so i figured thats what they were doing

iskabibble07

[7]May 12, 2008
    • level: 13

Well if we are getting a new epi every Saturday now then the problem is passed. But if what you say is true and Nick has already ordered 40 eps for season one and we are going to get one per weekend, that means that season one won't end until like September. I am not up on how the Nick "seasons" run whether they are like the big networks which run from Sept to May or so or if Nick just runs things together. Be nice to know what we have to look forward to. But I want to believe you because that means we have like 18 new ICarly's on their way over the next four months. I like that!

DC-Dude

[8]May 12, 2008
    • level: 26
    ACtually, filming might be on hiatus since Nick is doing a movie with Nathan Kress. It is about a coach or something.

iskabibble07

[9]May 12, 2008
    DC-Dude wrote:
    ACtually, filming might be on hiatus since Nick is doing a movie with Nathan Kress. It is about a coach or something.
    Yes and word on the the street is that there is an ICarly movie in the works so that might take the gang away from making half hour shows some. It would be worth it though.
    Edited on 05/12/2008 3:56pm

crzza

[10]May 12, 2008
    Collegebound06 wrote:
    yeah and dan is the writer for icarly..he wasnt one of the writers on strike or one of the writers that really needed to go on strike
    Yeah, he's successful either way.

Collegebound06

[11]May 13, 2008
    exactly..hes been successful since all that..he has no reason to go on strike..but the production may have been slowed b/c of the movie and nathan's movie like someone said

DC-Dude

[12]May 13, 2008
    • level: 26
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    DC-Dude wrote:
    Yes and word on the the street is that there is an ICarly movie in the works so that might take the gang away from making half hour shows some. It would be worth it though.

No, I mean that Nathan Kress is doing a Nickelodeon TV Movie (not iCarly) but it is about a coach and the movie is set to premeire in the fall.

Collegebound06

[13]May 13, 2008
    yeah but hes important so..they had to take some time off for him

Canogaparkcindy

[14]May 15, 2008
    Collegebound06 wrote:
    exactly..hes been successful since all that..he has no reason to go on strike..but the production may have been slowed b/c of the movie and nathan's movie like someone said
    Maybe he isnt as succesful as u think. Plus he supported it at least.

Canogaparkcindy

[15]May 15, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

Well if we are getting a new epi every Saturday now then the problem is passed. But if what you say is true and Nick has already ordered 40 eps for season one and we are going to get one per weekend, that means that season one won't end until like September. I am not up on how the Nick "seasons" run whether they are like the big networks which run from Sept to May or so or if Nick just runs things together. Be nice to know what we have to look forward to. But I want to believe you because that means we have like 18 new ICarly's on their way over the next four months. I like that!

Well not likely, the next time u will se iCarly is in June something for the premiere movie then they will start doing new episodes every saturday, what do u mean u dont like the "Nick" seasons. I like that too!

gryffinval7890

[16]May 15, 2008
    • level: 12
    the writers strike ended in febuary and it only lasted less than 4 months, and on every television show they are always filming a season ahead than what is being aired..

crzza

[17]May 15, 2008
    ^ Not ALL.

iskabibble07

[18]May 15, 2008

Canogaparkcindy wrote:
    Collegebound06 wrote:
    Even if Dan is successful (and he is) people don't decide individually to go on strike or not. If he is a member of the writers union, and he probably is, then he had to at least live by the strike conditions. Even people like Letterman and John Stewart who both star and produce and write their shows had to do their shows witout "writing" them or they would get in hot water with the union. But if Dan saw the writers strike coming like a lot of people did, he may have socked back a bunch of scripts to use during the strike.

But I think it is clear that Dan is mad successful. After all that he had the Amanda Show, Drake and Josh, Zoey 101 and now ICarly and they all have been hits plus movies and probably things I am not thinking about. Yeah, he knows what he is doing.

Canogaparkcindy

[19]May 16, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

Canogaparkcindy wrote:
    Collegebound06 wrote:
    Even if Dan is successful (and he is) people don't decide individually to go on strike or not. If he is a member of the writers union, and he probably is, then he had to at least live by the strike conditions. Even people like Letterman and John Stewart who both star and produce and write their shows had to do their shows witout "writing" them or they would get in hot water with the union. But if Dan saw the writers strike coming like a lot of people did, he may have socked back a bunch of scripts to use during the strike.

But I think it is clear that Dan is mad successful. After all that he had the Amanda Show, Drake and Josh, Zoey 101 and now ICarly and they all have been hits plus movies and probably things I am not thinking about. Yeah, he knows what he is doing.

That doesnt give him a reason NOT to gon strike though!

Collegebound06

[20]May 17, 2008
    i dont think he would