We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Zukko's mom

PlayerPimp

[1]May 4, 2012
    • level: 1

I'm just curious if anyone else thinks that the fact that they mentioned Zukko's mom in the first episode is foreshadowing that at some point we will get either a flashback episode or a mini-movie where they show us what happened.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AllieAllie

[2]May 4, 2012
    • level: 22

It probably is, but they'll drag things out as long as possible before they reveal that. Or they'll explain in te comics.

Nerdnot

[3]May 4, 2012
    • level: 14
    If it hasn't happened yet, I'm not sure it will

Kwando7

[4]May 4, 2012
    • level: 18

Could be made into a movie or an hour special as an apology for "The Last Airbender".... I kid , I haven't seen it but I don't plan too

RaizenYusuke

[5]May 4, 2012
    • level: 28
    It sees like they just like teasing the fans. They brought his mom in the last couple of minutes of the first series and now they bring her up in h first few minutes of this series. If Zuko's mom's story itold I think it will be in the comic. Katara said it was big adventure, so I could see it as story arc for this comic.

_Amibrosia

[8]May 6, 2012
    • level: 5
    Zuko's mom was a refugee in the fire nation colonies. She might be related to Mako and Bolin. That's it, get over it.

Empace

[9]May 6, 2012
    • level: 3
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    Zuko's mom was a refugee in the fire nation colonies. She might be related to Mako and Bolin. That's it, get over it.

What source do you have for that?

UnovaChampion

[10]May 6, 2012
    • level: 19
    The Mako/Bolin relation part is utter crap, not every character has to be related to someone from the old series.

_Amibrosia

[11]May 7, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    The Mako/Bolin relation part is utter crap, not every character has to be related to someone from the old series.

I'm just talking and maybe not every characters, but that would make a better story.

UnovaChampion

[12]May 7, 2012
    • level: 19
    Yea, no not really.

It'd be completely stupid, we already have Aang's family, Chief Beifong, Katara, and Zuko and his daughter coming up.

If the series is going to stand on two legs, then it can't force in a reference to the old cast in every little thing it does.

Ursa would not have had any other kids most likely, she was getting old and was exiled, how would she support any?

_Amibrosia

[13]May 7, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:

Ursa would not have had any other kids most likely, she was getting old and was exiled, how would she support any?

Why ?

Empace

[14]May 9, 2012
    • level: 3
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:

Why ?

Ursa had two children in their mid teens at the end of ATLA. It is unlikely that she, after the trouble she had with her last husband and the collapse of her family, would find a new man to father more children in a hurry. All theories are valid, but I would be very suprised if Zuko now has a bunch younger siblings running around.

readapost

[15]May 9, 2012
    • level: 14
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Yea, no not really.

It'd be completely stupid, we already have Aang's family, Chief Beifong, Katara, and Zuko and his daughter coming up.

If the series is going to stand on two legs, then it can't force in a reference to the old cast in every little thing it does.

Plus she is the Firelord's wife just hiding would be hard.

Kwando7

[16]May 10, 2012
    • level: 18

readapost wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Yea, no not really. It'd be completely stupid, we already have Aang's family, Chief Beifong, Katara, and Zuko and his daughter coming up. If the series is going to stand on two legs, then it can't force in a reference to the old cast in every little thing it does. Ursa would not have had any other kids most likely, she was getting old and was exiled, how would she support any?

I don't know if she knew that her grand father was Roku, her side of the family might have had a backup plan if the current firelord ever discovered this and had asecret hideout somewhere.

RaizenYusuke

[17]May 12, 2012
    • level: 28
    I would settle with finding out what Ursa (is that how you spell it?) actually did on the night Azulon was killed. Did she poison him, kill him in his sleep, and why would Ozai banish her? I never got that. He said she did tersones things, but he also said he approved it to get the throne. I could understand if he banished her so she wouldn't further infect Zuko with kindness or if someone saw Ursa kill Azlon and Ozai played it off as he had nothing to do with it and banished her for show.

_Amibrosia

[18]May 12, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Yea, no not really.

Why hiding would have been hard, she was outside the nation, no ones would know that unless she was in a prison.