We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

When Extremes Meet

MadameTamma

[21]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 7

AllieAllie wrote:

I agree that Yakonne could be Tarlokk's father. They actually kinda look alike, plus it seemed that Yakonne was using bloodbending in the flashback. Makes sense that he could have taught it to Tarlokk.

He was using blood bending in the flashback wasn't he? But he wasn't moving. How can anyone bend anything when they don't move? That's the whole point of martial arts being connected with the show. The bending occurs in sync with a martial arts move, but he was just standing there smirking. What's going on?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kwando7

[22]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 18

MadameTamma wrote:

AllieAllie wrote:

I agree that Yakonne could be Tarlokk's father. They actually kinda look alike, plus it seemed that Yakonne was using bloodbending in the flashback. Makes sense that he could have taught it to Tarlokk.

He was using blood bending in the flashback wasn't he? But he wasn't moving. How can anyone bend anything when they don't move? That's the whole point of martial arts being connected with the show. The bending occurs in sync with a martial arts move, but he was just standing there smirking. What's going on?

Lack of movement indicates strength King Bumi could bend with just his chin. So either Yakonne is unbelievably strong or there was someone else there doing the bending, but since Aang was reaching for him it seems he knew Yakonne was doing the bending

BannikX

[23]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 3

Korra couldn't fight off the bloodbending because it wasn't a full moon. For some reason, Tarrlok can bloodbend whenever he wants, and I think this is significant. It makes him, arguably, the most powerful waterbender we've seen. I do agree that there is an obvious connection between Tarrlok and Amon, but I hope it's not as simple as that they're brothers. If we assume that Amon's backstory wasn't a lie, he came from a family of non-benders, and his family was killed by a firebender. Why not just say he was the only non-bender in his family and was treated badly? Or that his father was killed by the Avatar (assuming they are both the children of Yakone, and that Aang killed Yakone)? I'm assuming that Korra unraveling these visions is going to help open her to the spiritual side of bending, although I hope that direct contact from Aang is saved until the end, for that one special thing he needs to tell her. I can't wait to see the whole visions thing unfold (perhaps as its own episode?)

Edited on 06/03/2012 3:38am
    Edited 2 total times.

Ant407

[24]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 11
    BannikX wrote:

. I can't wait to see the whole visions thing unfold (perhaps as its own episode?)

You don't have to wait much longer. Next Saturday's episode is called "Out of the Past" and it deals with the flashbacks.

Kwando7

[25]Jun 3, 2012

Ant407 wrote:
    BannikX wrote:

. I can't wait to see the whole visions thing unfold (perhaps as its own episode?)

You don't have to wait much longer. Next Saturday's episode is called "Out of the Past" and it deals with the flashbacks.

I think he meant the courtroom scene as an entire episode from Aang capturing Yakone to the conclusion. I think this episode will be mostly Korra finally talking to Aang

rjx21

[26]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 3

I found this great analysis of the whole trial through twitter...

http://birdbrainblue.tumblr.com/post/24281699688/an-analysis-of-the-flashbacks

It explains so much and makes sense as well that you would think he was one of the writers of the show...True or not it is a very sound theory

RaizenYusuke

[27]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 28
    I like that theory. It is very sound.

Kwando7

[28]Jun 4, 2012

I do too however is Tarlokk really only 37?

LordGrievous

[29]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 13

I was guessing that Tarrlok and Amon were one and the same but after this episode I'm hoping they're not just so there's a chance to see Amon take away Tarrlok'ds bending.

But then again there is a chance Aang will teach Korra how to remove bending, because if there's anyone who deserved to have their bending removed it's Tarrlok.

CrazyAsian1080

[30]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 7

LordGrievous wrote:

I was guessing that Tarrlok and Amon were one and the same but after this episode I'm hoping they're not just so there's a chance to see Amon take away Tarrlok'ds bending.

But then again there is a chance Aang will teach Korra how to remove bending, because if there's anyone who deserved to have their bending removed it's Tarrlok.

Or they go in the complete opposite direction and Korra learns how to give everyone Bending. Or they do a Buffy and everyone becomes an Avatar =p

MajLorne

[31]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 21

rjx21 wrote:

It explains so much and makes sense as well that you would think he was one of the writers of the show...True or not it is a very sound theory

Extremely useful info. I'm glad the person pieced all the clips together. The flashbacks were so fast, I didn't remember all the scenes. I agree, all those theories makes very good points.

qtwanderer

[32]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 27
    I wonder if Korra knows how to bloodbend, we know she knows about it but I wonder if Katara taught her. Even though waterbending is Korra's first element she really only uses it in pro-bending, while relying on fire and earthbending. The mystery of how someone besides Katara knows it now begins...

readapost

[33]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 14
    rjx21 wrote:

Lets take that one step more. Tarrlok can bloodbend at halfmoon as well as fullmoon. This episode was awesome. As for what Qtwanderer is thinking about. Maybe Hama taught somebody else?

qtwanderer

[34]Jun 4, 2012
    I would love it if we can go back to that crazy-power-traumatized-lady but the likelihood of her teaching another water-bender besides Katara is slim to none.
    1.Hama was in hiding in the fire nation.
    2.She knows she was the only person to escape/survive-? the prison.
    3.Waterbenders only came from the North at the time she mastered it and the likelihood a nothern tribe waterbender made it to the heart of the fire nation...I can't see it

I hope you're right though as I don't see how anyone other than her or Katara could know about it. Unless there was really one sick-minded waterbender that on the full moon decided to train on animals then people. Actually, that could work...

readapost

[35]Jun 4, 2012
    qtwanderer wrote:
    I would love it if we can go back to that crazy-power-traumatized-lady but the likelihood of her teaching another water-bender besides Katara is slim to none.
    3.Waterbenders only came from the North at the time she mastered it and the likelihood a nothern tribe waterbender made it to the heart of the fire nation...I can't see it

I hope you're right though as I don't see how anyone other than her or Katara could know about it. Unless there was really one sick-minded waterbender that on the full moon decided to train on animals then people. Actually, that could work...
    That sounds really good. Here have a cookie.

Nerdnot

[36]Jun 4, 2012
    qtwanderer wrote:

Tarrlock is probably the sick of a person...

qtwanderer

[37]Jun 4, 2012

readapost wrote:
    Its about time!

Nerdnot wrote:
    He is a very opportunistic, power hungry individual that does not like to be looked down upon..so yes he is But I doubt it was him in those flashbacks, unless he found out how to waterbend a fountain of youth...that link might be onto something, though in its entirety its wrong no doubt..

Edited on 06/04/2012 5:31pm

readapost

[38]Jun 4, 2012

qtwanderer wrote:

readapost wrote:
    Its about time!

Nerdnot wrote:
    He is a very opportunistic, power hungry individual that does not like to be looked down upon..so yes he is But I doubt it was him in those flashbacks, unless he found out how to waterbend a fountain of youth...that link might be onto something, though in its entirety its wrong no doubt..

I know this sounds kinda crazy, but what if we are going about this all wrong? What if Katara IS the bloodbender in the courtroom? Remember in the Promise where Aang is so focused on keeping the four nations four? Katara however said that the city could have some use as a place where all nations get along?Yakonne may have been someone that needed Katara after all; she did say she would,"Never ever turn back on people who need her."

Edited on 06/04/2012 7:12pm

RaizenYusuke

[39]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 28

That could be possible. Unless Zuko let the insane Hanna out of prison the other blood bender we know of was Katara. It might be possible where there was a situation where she might have had to use it or taught someone.

Korra really needs to talk to Aang. It would go a long way if she knew how difficult of time he had during his reign as Avatar. History remembers all Aang's success and probably not too many of his failures. People see him as the great Avatar that ended the 100 year old war and helped bring the 4 nations together she would have to feel a lot of pressure to live up to him. I imagine when Korra finally talks to Aang we will have a circle of life moment with Korra tearing herself down with Aang renewing her confidence just like Roku did for him at the start of season 3 of the original series.

qtwanderer

[40]Jun 4, 2012
    She needs to talk to him so she can start airbending. He might be able to help her figure out why, though I have a few theories about it that will bore, she has trouble with it. But I think she should focus on getting free of her "host"...but she can try while shes in the back of the truck..she has time