We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

When Extremes Meet

Nerdnot

[1]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 14

Can't believe one has started this topic yet. Anyhow discuss the episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kwando7

[4]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 18

Huh I thought I deleted it before anyone saw, I was going to write some general statements as if I had seen it but then I went to delete it but insted pressed something that submitted it

StevenPalivod

[5]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 1

That was one hell of a cliffhanger! Wonder where he could be taking her....? She really got her ass kicked that's for sure.

Nerdnot

[6]Jun 2, 2012
    StevenPalivod wrote:

That was one hell of a cliffhanger! Wonder where he could be taking her....? She really got her ass kicked that's for sure.

It wouldn't have happened if she had used the avatar state! Can it be June 9th already

StevenPalivod

[7]Jun 2, 2012

Well we know one thing. Tarloc was quite a hassle for Aang and his friends in the past.

TimeHeroLink

[8]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 10
    StevenPalivod wrote:

Well we know one thing. Tarloc was quite a hassle for Aang and his friends in the past.

....No, he wasn't. That was YAKONE in those flashbacks, the same guy who was in the flashbacks before and who is CLEARLY older than Tarrlok (not to mention the impossibility of Tarrlok being a full-grown adult when Aang was, yet is still younger than Aang's SON, Tenzin, now.)

Tarrlok's clearly related to Yakone, but he isn't the same guy.

Nerdnot

[9]Jun 2, 2012
    I know this sounds really dumb but does anyone else think that Tarrlock or some other blood bender is the reason of Amon?

StevenPalivod

[10]Jun 2, 2012

Anything's possible really.

RaizenYusuke

[11]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 28
    Best episode yet. This reminds me of Long Fe or however you spell that guy's name from the original. I am still convinced Tarrlock is a red herring even if the reflection in the water made him look like Amon. But I will admit his actions do make it seem like he is playing both sides for more power. Korra did get another vision of Yakkone after confronting him, but Amon being Tarrlock too obvious for me to get behind the theory yet. New team Avatar was looking nice for a minute. Good to see Korra defend the non-benders and planting the seeds for non-benders who will remember that the Avatar protects both benders and non-benders.

SennaGeneux

[12]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 2
    Freaking Awesome episode!!! Glad that Korra will finally make sense of her visions. Tarlok is a douche but some pretty awesome bloodbending there... Perhaps a relation or reference to Hama to come? Then again she was old in the first series. On the other hand she was the first blood bender I guess we'll see.
    New police chief is indeed the worst.

MajLorne

[13]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 21
    Great episode. Tenzin's kids were hilarious, fights were great, Team Avatar was awesome [and till I see asami betray them, I still think she truly is on their side. I mean there was Suki who looked pretty good and was a good guy, why not Asami too?]

On Tarlokk, well wasn't surprised he'd seize more power. Wow, those other council members are such puppets. I guess Korra not taking up his offer to join him to release her friends didn't totally surprise me. But the fact that Tarlokk threw the first attack did. I would've figured, he'd wait to let Korra attack first and then later call the police to stop and arrest her for attacking him. I figured him being the shady character he was, he might know some blood bending, but how does he know how to do it? [I would hope it gets addressed in the future]. I also would've hoped Korra knew some blood bending to be able to turn the tide against him. Finally when he defeated her and threw her into that truck and drove off, that was a truly great cliffhanger. Where is he going to take her?

Now I'm kinda sure it would be too obvious to make Tarlokk Amon, but I still say Amon 'takes away bending' by blood bending. Also everything he's done to make the benders vs non-benders tension worse screams Amon. So red herring or not, he's the best guess for the moment.

Kwando7

[14]Jun 2, 2012

Well Tarlokk has beef with Amon did you see his eyes when Korra compared to two. This episode was friggin awesome I'm guessing the person in the flashback was related to Tarlokk, unless Tarlokk Knows how to stop aging

For a second there I thought Korra was going to kill Tarlokk and be all like "what have I done?"

Oh the face Korra made when Ikki told Asami Korra likes Mako and the face Ikki made after. Asami is starting to take notice of Mako and Korra I'm gonna bet Bolin is going to accidentally mention the kiss.

I was sorta thinking Korra was going to find Amon when she went off to face Tarlokk. That would have been cool. I can't wait till the next episode.

Also happy to see Shiro isok since hisabsence in the last episode

Edited on 06/02/2012 6:42pm

MajLorne

[15]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 21
    That's true, about the Amon thing. So it comes down to Tarlokk is unknowingly a puppet setting forth Amon's plans or he's a fool for taking away people's rights and finally lost it with Korra making him 'evil'.

AllieAllie

[16]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 22

I agree that Yakonne could be Tarlokk's father. They actually kinda look alike, plus it seemed that Yakonne was using bloodbending in the flashback. Makes sense that he could have taught it to Tarlokk.

RaizenYusuke

[17]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 28
    Could the theory about Amon ad Tarrlock being sons or grandsons of Yakonne be true? Korra has had visions of Yakonne and Aang's confrontation when both Amon and Tarrlock touched her. They are either the same guy or somehow both affected or conneced to Yakkone. I hope Korra makes a break through this spiritual part of the Avatar soon, if only to see longer visions. But at the same time if she does actually connected to her spirituality she will connect to Aang and find out what is going on and it ends the mystery pretty soon. I was surpised that both Aang and Korra were effected by blood bending without putting up a fight. Water was Korra's first mastered element and Aang's wife knew blood bending. You would think they could at least fight the control if not break it.

VirusMonster

[18]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 15

Great I missed it! >

And sorry I didn't make an official topic for it, I went to see the movie Battleship. I'm quite peeved that OnDemand doesn't have it up yet as I want to watch it... I fall to understand why it can't be posted OnDemand after a few good hours after it air in case people missed it!

And it seem like a good episode, too! Guess it's time to go hunting for it online!

CrazyAsian1080

[19]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 7

It was such a good episode. Though you just want to punch Tarrlock in the face. I like how there is no Non-Bender on the Counsel for some reason. How could they have not thought of that when creating this great city that represents EVERYONE. Also, I like how the Counsel are all "THE NON-BENDERS HATE US AND THINK WE ARE TYRANTS, LETS CREATE LAWS THAT MAKE US TYRANTS RAWR!!!"

Here are my predictions

1.Tarrlock is Amon and they have a duel personality thing going on probably caused by the death of their father who could or could not be Yakone. Also Maka's father (who I think was Zuko) killed him even though everyone thinks it was Aang.

2. If not 1 then Tarrlock, Amon andYakone are all related and Tarrlock is Amon's younger brother and their father liked Amon better.

3. Yakone killed eitherSokka, Toph or Sokka and Toph. Probably how Lin got the scare.

Kwando7

[20]Jun 2, 2012

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

It was such a good episode. Though you just want to punch Tarrlock in the face. I like how there is no Non-Bender on the Counsel for some reason. How could they have not thought of that when creating this great city that represents EVERYONE. Also, I like how the Counsel are all "THE NON-BENDERS HATE US AND THINK WE ARE TYRANTS, LETS CREATE LAWS THAT MAKE US TYRANTS RAWR!!!"

Here are my predictions

1.Tarrlock is Amon and they have a duel personality thing going on probably caused by the death of their father who could or could not be Yakone. Also Maka's father (who I think was Zuko) killed him even though everyone thinks it was Aang.

2. If not 1 then Tarrlock, Amon andYakone are all related and Tarrlock is Amon's younger brother and their father liked Amon better.

3. Yakone killed eitherSokka, Toph or Sokka and Toph. Probably how Lin got the scare.

How did her mother dying give Lin scars?