We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Thoughts on the first 2 Episodes

AllieAllie

[21]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 22

Nerdnot wrote:
    I heard they learned chi blocking.
    KamalCunningh wrote:

Calling it now...

Recall when Aang learned how to take away bending from the Fire Lord in the finale.

I believe the "Equalists" will either be trying to figure out how to do that, or already know how to do that and try to use it against the Avatar.

Yeah think they know chi blocking. One theory I've heard that I like is that Fire Lord Ozai could be Amon or a part of the Equalists since he had his bending taken away. This could be his way of getting revenge, and he could do that by trying to learn how to take away bending. Not sure if he would still be alive though.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nerdnot

[22]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 14
    AllieAllie wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    I heard they learned chi blocking.
    KamalCunningh wrote:

Calling it now...

Recall when Aang learned how to take away bending from the Fire Lord in the finale.

I believe the "Equalists" will either be trying to figure out how to do that, or already know how to do that and try to use it against the Avatar.

Yeah think they know chi blocking. One theory I've heard that I like is that Fire Lord Ozai could be Amon or a part of the Equalists since he had his bending taken away. This could be his way of getting revenge, and he could do that by trying to learn how to take away bending. Not sure if he would still be alive though.

I think Ty lee taught the other Kyshoi Warroirs and it went from there.

pokemonmonmon

[23]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 5

a persons ability to bend goes, thats something that ONLY the avatar can do and ONLY if s/he is pure of heart. as far as chi blocking goes, its something that is temporary unless they figured out a way to make it permanent.

i dont remember where i read it but i did hear that katara will die early in the series so anybody from the original series wont be alive in the later episode. the most well get most likely is aang in his spirit form and flashbacks of things that happened off screen and/or on screen

Nerdnot

[24]Mar 29, 2012
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

a persons ability to bend goes, thats something that ONLY the avatar can do and ONLY if s/he is pure of heart. as far as chi blocking goes, its something that is temporary unless they figured out a way to make it permanent.

I hope they don't find a way to make it permanent....

edmasterchaos

[25]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 41
    Naw, they'll just use robots.

CrazyAsian1080

[26]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 7

Not going to lie. Robots wouldn't actually surprise me. They do live in a crazy steam punk universe after all. Also, when you think about it, Avatar the Last Air Bender only took place over a year. I mean if that much stuff could happen in one year, who know what could happen in 70ish.

qtwanderer

[27]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 27
    Meh..I think I can pass on this one. No Bumi-Sokka-nor Momo, bending looks like it has become a parlour trick..this is like watching the bad version that any good series eventually evolves into. Though this is based only on two episodes, I still don't see anything that grabs my interest. Pity.

CrazyAsian1080

[28]Apr 2, 2012

Just based on the first two episodes, it's amazing what can happen in 17-20ish years without an Avatar. The show is obviously more grown up and I think that's a good thing since the people who watched Avatar the Last Airbender would be older now as well. It's obviously going to be "darker", but it still has a lot of light hearted "hahaha look at the funny thing that happened" Avatar moments in it.

edmasterchaos

[29]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 41

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

Not going to lie. Robots wouldn't actually surprise me. They do live in a crazy steam punk universe after all. Also, when you think about it, Avatar the Last Air Bender only took place over a year. I mean if that much stuff could happen in one year, who know what could happen in 70ish.

Good, cuz i'm not joking.

Poster on the left.

KingofSpades209

[30]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 11

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

How fast technology has advanced is still kind of jarring, though I guess the universe was always borderline steam punk and it has been a good 50 to 70 years I guess.

Well they did have technology for the jet ski looking things in the episode with the polluted water and the crazy guy with three different identities. I just can't remember the name of the episode right now.

And the tanks were also built and Toph probably trained people how to metal bend, so it was just a matter of time before the "industrial revolution" took place for the Avatar series.

CrazyAsian1080

[31]Apr 3, 2012

The Painted Lady

It was the radios and the electricity that kind of threw me. But really, we evolved pretty much just as quickly so Im not sure why.

Nerdnot

[32]Apr 3, 2012
    CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

I thought it was less than that, like 10 monthes. Oh well proves your point.

ZutaraBeleiva

[33]Apr 6, 2012

thank goodness i'm not the only one that feels this way, i completely burst into tears while watching it (pathetic, i know). Gosh, I've missed the Avatar series and have failed to find anything worth watching religiously ever since it had its finale. Until now ^_^

SO HAPPY! LIFE: Officially at balance again

Nerdnot

[35]Apr 7, 2012

ZutaraBeleiva wrote:

thank goodness i'm not the only one that feels this way, i completely burst into tears while watching it (pathetic, i know). Gosh, I've missed the Avatar series and have failed to find anything worth watching religiously ever since it had its finale. Until now ^_^

Really nothing? what about The Office or Wipeout, Glee, Switched at Birth, The Lying Game (All of these are my favorite shows other than Avatar) etc!

Edited on 04/07/2012 10:50am

ZutaraBeleiva

[36]Apr 7, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:

ZutaraBeleiva wrote:

Really nothing? what about The Office or Wipeout, Glee, Switched at Birth, The Lying Game (All of these are my favorite shows other than Avatar) etc!

ok, well, there is the office (but i dont really watch that faithfully). Psych, Once Upon a Time and New girl however i do but still...it felt like something was missing

jkpop_07

[37]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 5
    I loved these two episodes and I'm glad there were shout outs to the original series. But its upsetting that Katara seems to be the only living of the fab six. What i love the most about this new series is how its fleshed out its own world! I wonder if the creators named the character Mako in memory of the voice actor Mako who voiced Uncle Iroh.

AllieAllie

[38]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 22

They've said on the record that they did name him after Mako.

cg_619

[39]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 24

I loved these two episodes they were awesome! I think they did a very good job at bridging the two series and now I have to go back to that aweful anticipation of new episodes that I felt when Avatar the last airbender was on. Oh well, worth it!!!!!