We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

The Legend of Korra renewed for second season

BundyX75

[21]Aug 5, 2012
    • level: 6

Great news, although I'm really not thrilled about books not being seasons. Especially if there's going to be a big wait between books. That's a nitpick though.

pokemonmonmon wrote:

to be honest i wouldve preferred for this to be a mini series. the only thing i didnt like about it was that there were still unanswered questions from part 1 and that everything was half assed at the end. first he tells asami he loves her and tells korra he loves her? korra just automatically becomes a master when aang gives her her bending back? and alot of people didnt have as much character development as they should have. but other than the ending and the disappointing "big fight" towards the end, this was all inall a great series. i just hope that this forced second season doesnt ruin it or at least ties up some loose ends

I legitimately don't understand why you're against it continuing if you thought the ending sucked but the rest was great. Wouldn't that entail you to want another book/season so that they can add the character development, and produce a story that has a satisfying beginning, middle, & end? I don't know, maybe that's just me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[22]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 28

pokemonmonmon wrote:

to be honest i wouldve preferred for this to be a mini series. the only thing i didnt like about it was that there were still unanswered questions from part 1 and that everything was half assed at the end. first he tells asami he loves her and tells korra he loves her? korra just automatically becomes a master when aang gives her her bending back? and alot of people didnt have as much character development as they should have. but other than the ending and the disappointing "big fight" towards the end, this was all inall a great series. i just hope that this forced second season doesnt ruin it or at least ties up some loose ends

Now you have the chance to see those questions answered.

I think it was a mistake to tell this story as a mini-series actually. The story with Amon and bending reveloution was too big to be told in 12 episodes and trying to fit things like a love triangle, character development for characters, Tarrlock's power play etc. I felt the story should have been simplier or more basic for 12 episodes. I only wish Nick ordered more episodes, while the crew was still in the planning stages. The Amon story would have been richer if there was more episodes to it to unfold. A lot of the problems you had with the finale a number of people have and they probably would not have been there if the first book was longer even by a 5 or 6 episodes.

I think thewritersare stronger in writing a long story as oppose to a short one. I don't think the next book is going to be bad, so long as they have an overrall story and direction in mind.

shadowscott

[23]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 23
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

pokemonmonmon wrote:

Now you have the chance to see those questions answered.

I think it was a mistake to tell this story as a mini-series actually. The story with Amon and bending reveloution was too big to be told in 12 episodes and trying to fit things like a love triangle, character development for characters, Tarrlock's power play etc. I felt the story should have been simplier or more basic for 12 episodes. I only wish Nick ordered more episodes, while the crew was still in the planning stages. The Amon story would have been richer if there was more episodes to it to unfold. A lot of the problems you had with the finale a number of people have and they probably would not have been there if the first book was longer even by a 5 or 6 episodes.

I think thewritersare stronger in writing a long story as oppose to a short one. I don't think the next book is going to be bad, so long as they have an overrall story and direction in mind.

Well, now that there are 4 books total I think they can plan out everything properly and see what direction they want the show to go.

Cartoonkid-JP

[24]Jan 23, 2013
    • level: 23

Any word on when Book 2 is coming out yet?

SPDShadowRanger

[25]Jan 26, 2013
    • level: 72

David Faustino (the voice actor for Mako) and another voice actor for the show have said that it should premiere in April. It's not confirmed though.

Edited on 01/26/2013 7:20am

Fourarms10

[27]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 24
    Maybe we'll find out who Lin's father is; or maybe Iroh's Grandmother. It'd also be nice if we found out how the dead Gaang members died.

Nerdnot

[28]Feb 25, 2013
    • level: 14
    Shouldn't we have heard the return date by now? They started the animation process 8 monthes ago......

Nicktoons2

[29]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 7

I don't like dis show

qtwanderer

[30]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 27
    BillTheCat005 wrote:

"Seventy years hav epassed since the century long conflict known as "the war".... and seventy years have passed since Season 1... Sealed

...A released date should be announced in the next couple weeks if its to begin before June, one would think.

Nicktoons2

[31]Mar 9, 2013

They should have made Ang still still alive in the series. He would of been 80 something

teenj12

[32]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 26

Getting tired of waiting for the new episodes quite frankly : / . Hope we get that release date soon.

Edited on 03/16/2013 1:28pm

Nerdnot

[33]Mar 19, 2013
    Nicktoons2 wrote:

They should have made Ang still still alive in the series. He would of been 80 something

There are so many things wrong in that sentence. At least the Search Part 1 comes out tomorrow.

Nicktoons2

[34]Mar 20, 2013
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Nicktoons2 wrote:

There are so many things wrong in that sentence. At least the Search Part 1 comes out tomorrow.

What i meant was katara was still alive. (I think). Why was ang not

SPDShadowRanger

[35]Mar 22, 2013

Being trapped in the iceberg for 100 years affected his health causing him to die younger then he normally would have.

According to details from Momocon (how fitting), Book 2 should start this fall, a new sub-bending technique of Airbending, and Lin's father will be revealed.

Honestly people, you need to settle down. The reason this show and The Last Aribender have been so great and achieved what they have is because every episode has a lot of work put into it. Far more than most animated shows. It takes time to make great work.

Edited on 03/22/2013 4:57pm

pokemonmonmon

[36]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 5

im susrprised people are being this impatient with the show. wasnt there a MUCH LONGER hiatus for book 3of the first series with almost no promotion or reference whatsoever until the final weeks before it premiered? lol

Nerdnot

[37]Mar 23, 2013
    Nicktoons2 wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Nicktoons2 wrote:

What i meant was katara was still alive. (I think). Why was ang not

You ain't watching the show if you THINK katara is still alive. She STILL IS!!!

RaizenYusuke

[38]Mar 24, 2013
    • level: 28
    Korra break isn' much for me. I generally wait 2-3 years for a new season of the Venture Brothers. I understand people being impaitent or at least want a possible air date, while waiting.

AllieAllie

[39]Mar 28, 2013
    • level: 22

pokemonmonmon wrote:

im susrprised people are being this impatient with the show. wasnt there a MUCH LONGER hiatus for book 3of the first series with almost no promotion or reference whatsoever until the final weeks before it premiered? lol

Pretty sure this hiatus is gonna be longer. Its already been 10 months since it last aired, the season 3 haitus was only 9 months. It'll be even longer if its really gonna be in the fall. I'm willing to wait in order to have the highest quality episodes, I just wish they'd give us a real air date already.

qtwanderer

[40]Mar 30, 2013
    • level: 27
    AllieAllie wrote:

pokemonmonmon wrote:

Pretty sure this hiatus is gonna be longer. Its already been 10 months since it last aired, the season 3 haitus was only 9 months. It'll be even longer if its really gonna be in the fall. I'm willing to wait in order to have the highest quality episodes, I just wish they'd give us a real air date already.

Excellent point...*takes out a magazine*

SPDShadowRanger

[41]Mar 31, 2013
    So Janey Varney (Korra) said on Twitter that new episodes start in April....and yet here we are on March 31 with no confirmation....my head hurts.