We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Will there be a season 4?

phillippejr

[1]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 4
    I hope so.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

swtt

[2]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 18
    I think so because each season was suppose to be about a nation if I'm right the Water nation Earth, Air, and Fire I know its not in order though.

dumbTVnut

[3]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 3

Will there be another thead just like this one because no one can search the forum to see if there was already a thread like this?

Besides that there should not be a 4th season, 60 episodes is more then enough, we are only half way through right now. Second of all the story covers over Aang learning the elements, Air was already master before the show started, so only water, dirt and fire remains, one season each, that make 3 (in case you can't count).
    Edited on 07/30/2006 1:19pm

phillippejr

[4]Jul 30, 2006

dumbTVnut wrote:
    Will there be another thead just like this one because no one can search the forum to see if there was already a thread like this?

Besides that there should not be a 4th season, 60 episodes is more then enough, we are only half way through right now. Second of all the story covers over Aang learning the elements, Air was already master before the show started, so only water, dirt and fire remains, one season each, that make 3 (in case you can't count).

Calm down, maybe they will make up a different story.

beatnu3000

[5]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 7
    I hope they make one and continue with a new story cause Avatar is like the pnly good show on Nick and it'll kill me if they finish it after 3 seasons.

dumbTVnut

[6]Jul 30, 2006
    The show won't be to good if they keep running, it will get stale. If you get a 4th season what then, a 5th, 6th, when does it stop? Personally the avatar concept does not seem very extendable, the avatar universe has to limited a repertory of themes, you end up with a show that will be even worse then Inyasha, Naruto or *barf* DB/DBZ/DBGT (because those were designed from the beginning to be never ending mind drainingly painful sagas). You will end up with only a moderate group of hard core mindless otakus watching the never ending avatar show??? wait a minute do I speak to late?

the_yssa

[7]Jul 30, 2006
    dumbTVnut wrote:
    The show won't be to good if they keep running, it will get stale. If you get a 4th season what then, a 5th, 6th, when does it stop? Personally the avatar concept does not seem very extendable, the avatar universe has to limited a repertory of themes, you end up with a show that will be even worse then Inyasha, Naruto or *barf* DB/DBZ/DBGT (because those were designed from the beginning to be never ending mind drainingly painful sagas). You will end up with only a moderate group of hard core mindless otakus watching the never ending avatar show??? wait a minute do I speak to late?

HEY!! I like DBZ!!!!! IT ROCKS!!!!!

Colonel_Brian

[8]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 12

the_yssa wrote:
    dumbTVnut wrote:

It's okay but it past it's prime.

supersonicfan01

[9]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 22
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

the_yssa wrote:
    dumbTVnut wrote:

The thing was before the nineties, wasn't it?

Colonel_Brian

[10]Jul 30, 2006
    supersonicfan01 wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

the_yssa wrote:
    dumbTVnut wrote:

I believe so I knew it since the early 90's though.

the_yssa

[11]Jul 30, 2006
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    supersonicfan01 wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

the_yssa wrote:
    dumbTVnut wrote:

I believe so I knew it since the early 90's though.

I know DB is was 80's and 90's but I don't know about DBZ...it may be past it's prime, but I still like it!

dumbTVnut

[12]Jul 30, 2006
    For piss poor quality animation, overly drawn out battles and retarded battle tactics (???why don???t you kill him while he is charging you morons, he vulnerable! Don???t just stand there like a idiot!???) DB/Z/GT did have its pluses: the 400+ episodes allow the characters to grow up, change sides from evil to good, have families - spawn new characters to replace lackluster old ones and finally die (permanently!). I have not seen that kind of incredible generational development implemented so well in any other cartoon/anime! Now take some time to think of avatar, do you want to see Aang get old, marry katara (god knows those couples romance fans are going to kill me for saying that, get over it: there cartoons) have kids, fight a never ending set of enemies that seem to get more powerful yet less plausible, sit around though 10-30 episodes just to get though one fight seen, etc, etc?

supersonicfan01

[13]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 22
    dumbTVnut wrote:
    For piss poor quality animation, overly drawn out battles and retarded battle tactics (???why don???t you kill him while he is charging you morons, he vulnerable! Don???t just stand there like a idiot!???) DB/Z/GT did have its pluses: the 400+ episodes allow the characters to grow up, change sides from evil to good, have families - spawn new characters to replace lackluster old ones and finally die (permanently!). I have not seen that kind of incredible generational development implemented so well in any other cartoon/anime! Now take some time to think of avatar, do you want to see Aang get old, marry katara (god knows those couples romance fans are going to kill me for saying that, get over it: there cartoons) have kids, fight a never ending set of enemies that seem to get more powerful yet less plausible, sit around though 10-30 episodes just to get though one fight seen, etc, etc?

You're right. It took like 5-7 episodes for a time lapse of 5 MINUTES to pass when Goku was fighting Frieza.

Anyways, i would like a fourth season, but then stop there. Cause they would already be making it longer than it was supposed to be, but still, i'm sure a fourth season would satisfy.

dumbTVnut

[14]Jul 30, 2006
    If they don't stop Ozai and stop the war by season 3, then a forth season would be tolerable. If not then a forth season will basically be UN reconstruction, it would be like watching Europe rebuilding after WW2, boring and too much Coke Cola!

Colonel_Brian

[15]Jul 30, 2006
    Well 3 seasons are enough I love Avatar but hate for it to past it's prime.

phillippejr

[16]Jul 30, 2006

dumbTVnut wrote:
    If they don't stop Ozai and stop the war by season 3, then a forth season would be tolerable. If not then a forth season will basically be UN reconstruction, it would be like watching Europe rebuilding after WW2, boring and too much Coke Cola!

Then don't watch it then.DBZ was great, but DBGT was trash.Naruto is great so stop hating.

Colonel_Brian

[17]Jul 30, 2006
    phillippejr wrote:

dumbTVnut wrote:

Then don't watch it then.DBZ was great, but DBGT was trash.Naruto is great so stop hating.

Naruto is goos (Jap version) but I stopped watching it because of fillers somebody PM when their over.

beatnu3000

[18]Jul 30, 2006
    Hey I love all three Dragonballs and Naruto! Stop trashing it!!!

Colonel_Brian

[19]Jul 30, 2006
    If you were talking to me I wasn't trashing it I love the show but the fillers need to end.

beatnu3000

[20]Jul 30, 2006

Colonel_Brian wrote:
    If you were talking to me I wasn't trashing it I love the show but the fillers need to end.

Fillers? What Fillers?