We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

who's gonna be editor next?

who should be editor?

isabelwhatx

[21]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 14
    EmoHaruno wrote:

Water78 wrote:
    since this forum has many records why not most retired editors

LOL its the curse of the AVATAR FORUMMM! -enter spooky, over dramaticized music here-

DUNDUNDUN!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

_Flutterlight_

[22]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 15
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    uh ha you must not of lurked if yur saying that. we had a billion newb threads plus whitekobbra. he apparently didn't except or deny enough submissions since thats what he said they retired him for. honestly ever since highl00rd came its been 10x better.

For your information, I've been lurking here since the end of Season 1. I remember The Colonial, and NeverBeenPinker. Kat's been on as long as I can remember. I remember when the "off topic lounge" first was created, the first dub the frame game, the Picture thread, the Sly and Trendy wars... ect.

Comparing the noob theads and WhiteKobbra to Gleem, the return of the Ice Cream Team, the noob threads of today, and all the rioting after the Mod crackdown right before the Season Finale, PD's rule as editor WAS better than HighLords.

shadowysea07

[23]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 25
    EmoHaruno wrote:

Water78 wrote:
    since this forum has many records why not most retired editors

LOL its the curse of the AVATAR FORUMMM! -enter spooky, over dramaticized music here-

cough strarts choking. lol cursed I swear it definately seems that way. of course it could just be that tv.com is cursed since its built on tvtomes grave. jk

shadowysea07

[24]Oct 1, 2008
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    uh ha you must not of lurked if yur saying that. we had a billion newb threads plus whitekobbra. he apparently didn't except or deny enough submissions since thats what he said they retired him for. honestly ever since highl00rd came its been 10x better.

For your information, I've been lurking here since the end of Season 1. I remember The Colonial, and NeverBeenPinker. Kat's been on as long as I can remember. I remember when the "off topic lounge" first was created, the first dub the frame game, the Picture thread, the Sly and Trendy wars... ect.

Comparing the noob theads and WhiteKobbra to Gleem, the return of the Ice Cream Team, the noob threads of today, and all the rioting after the Mod crackdown right before the Season Finale, PD's rule as editor WAS better than HighLords.
    um nothing bad happend since pd left. everything you mentioned happend during pd's reign. I had to get the mods to lock the original offtopic thread due to cybersex in it which pd did nothing about after i pm'd him.
    He was a good fan updated the guide but sucked as a forum editor.

_Flutterlight_

[25]Oct 1, 2008
    Nothing bad? Gleem spoiled the finale for a bunch of people, impersonated Lisa, and created a bunch of noob threads. We had all out riots going on between some of the forum members, mods just/unjustly banned a ton of members, and a complete overflow of noob threads after the Finale that completely swamped the forums. I'd say that was pretty bad.

(And I wouldn't know about the off-topic thread, because I never actually went on there because it didn't relate to Avatar. I just know that the one we have right now's really popular.)

I'm not saying PD should come back and be editor, I'm saying I liked the forums a lot more before he retired. Personally, I'd like it if WiseLad was the editor, even though he's not even on the list of contibuters.

snowprincess456

[26]Oct 1, 2008
    why did HighLord retire? Sorry..I am kinda non active, but I happen to come on today and see this. well, anyway, if I am not on the forums when the new editor is selected..best of wishes to the new editor...also..remember to keep the editor riots to a minimum..

***SPOILER***

shadowysea07

[27]Oct 1, 2008
    snowprincess456 wrote:
    why did HighLord retire? Sorry..I am kinda non active, but I happen to come on today and see this. well, anyway, if I am not on the forums when the new editor is selected..best of wishes to the new editor...also..remember to keep the editor riots to a minimum..

***SPOILER***
    hides torches and kerosine. what?

SPDShadowRanger

[28]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 72
    snowprincess456 wrote:
    why did HighLord retire?

That's what I would like to know, as well as avataraang4. As far as I know neither of them made a big deal about site changes, so who knows. The staff is not allowed to discuss these matters so I can't assume they were forced to retire or did so of free will. Again, neither of them have had contact either so until they come back we won't know.

shadowysea07

[29]Oct 2, 2008
    yeah avataraang4's last blog was when he became editor. he hasn't left a message since. highl00rd hasn't been on either. It could be that they couldn't approve submitions so they were retired. like with pooldude.
    Its kinda sad since neither of them said anything about it.