We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Who is the most capable non-bender?

Which non-bender would you select to team with in combat?

tvcrazy12

[21]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 16

either ty lee or piandao

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

isabelwhatx

[22]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    Ty Lee hands down.

TitanPredator

[23]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 5
    Sorry for bumbing this old topic. But I couldn't resist posting.

Piandao can easily beat Ty Lee. In an episode in book 2, in the Earth King's palace, Sokka easily dodged Ty Lee's punches. Piandao is WAY better then Sokka, so he should have little trouble doing that. He is a sword master so he can simply stab Ty Lee, and then it's over

Alpha1Niner

[24]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 10
    Ummm...

In that episode Ty Lee was just playing with Sokka, she likes him.

Ty Lee: "Ooo, it's like we're dancing together."

TitanPredator

[25]Jan 25, 2009
    I forgot that. Anyway, Piandao defeated 100 fire nation soldiers on his own, and he was able to defeat tons of then during Sozins Comet. He also has much more experience, and a sword. One hit, and Ty Lee would be cut in half.

bag2218

[26]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    Definitely Suki or Ty Lee(most likely Ty Lee). I'd chose an expert in hand to hand combat before a weapons master any day. mainly because if somebody like Piandao or Mai lost their weapon or didn't have time to pick it up or just didn't have it for whatever reason, they'd most likely be completely useless. I need somebody who's always ready!

EmoHaruno

[27]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 11
    1. Ty Lee
    2. Suki
    3. Sokka

Ty Lee is my first pick because, let's face it, she has pwned both Suki and Sokka before. She's an extremely good fighter, and her chi-blocking is more effective than Sokka's boomerang, Suki's fan, etc.

kal915

[28]Jan 25, 2009
    Definantly Ty Lee

Nightmare_Fan17

[29]Jan 25, 2009

I voted for Ty Lee! Not only is she one of my most favorite characters from the show, but she is a really good fighter with her form of attacks of disabling bendings!

Who the heck is Piandamo and June though?!

Sektos

[30]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 10
    libraman_92 wrote:
    I suspect that Piandao would be my choice. He is a master; during Sozin's Comet (and not just during that), he managed NOT to kill himself and defeat many Fire Nation soldiers. Ty Lee would be my second choice.

I am willing to argue that Piandao is the most powerful on all fronts compared to the other choices. Anyone up for a good debate? Huh? Anyone? Is there someone who'd like to?

Exactly- he took on super-charged fire benders and not only survied, but won. He could also know chi-blocking technique- it wouldnt suprise me because Ty-lee must have learnt from someone (not saying its Piando), Piando is a master.

MarryLarry

[31]Jan 25, 2009

Sektos wrote:
    libraman_92 wrote:
    I suspect that Piandao would be my choice. He is a master; during Sozin's Comet (and not just during that), he managed NOT to kill himself and defeat many Fire Nation soldiers. Ty Lee would be my second choice. I am willing to argue that Piandao is the most powerful on all fronts compared to the other choices. Anyone up for a good debate? Huh? Anyone? Is there someone who'd like to?
    Exactly- he took on super-charged fire benders and not only survied, but won. He could also know chi-blocking technique- it wouldnt suprise me because Ty-lee must have learnt from someone (not saying its Piando), Piando is a master.

I don't recall ever seeing him fight any "super-charged firebenders." I do seem to remember him lopping off the spearheads of soldiers whose feet were frozen to the ground courtesy of Pakku, however.

Though according to Nick.com(which isn't always 100% accurate), he took on and beat 100 soldiers in one battle. I guess that earns him a license to badassary.

TitanPredator

[32]Jan 26, 2009
    MarryLarry wrote:

Sektos wrote:
    libraman_92 wrote:
    I suspect that Piandao would be my choice. He is a master; during Sozin's Comet (and not just during that), he managed NOT to kill himself and defeat many Fire Nation soldiers. Ty Lee would be my second choice. I am willing to argue that Piandao is the most powerful on all fronts compared to the other choices. Anyone up for a good debate? Huh? Anyone? Is there someone who'd like to?

I don't recall ever seeing him fight any "super-charged firebenders." I do seem to remember him lopping off the spearheads of soldiers whose feet were frozen to the ground courtesy of Pakku, however.

Though according to Nick.com(which isn't always 100% accurate), he took on and beat 100 soldiers in one battle. I guess that earns him a license to badassary.

Yeah, he never fought super charged firebenders while we saw him, but they never showed the entire battle of Ba Sing Se. Anyway, Piandao is a sword MASTER. He is the one who tought Sokka everything. So that places him above Sokka. Sokka is realy not that much compared to him. I would say he also better then Suki, Mai, Jet, June, Pipsqueak or any of the others. Ty Lee I can uderstand if you would pick her. Because she can also fight while unarmed. But Sokka and Suki just can't even be compared to Piandao.

Edited on 01/26/2009 3:10am

confucioussayhi

[33]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 15
    captaintombatch wrote:
    I see where you're coming from, but I would take Ty-Lee. Piandao and Jet are swordsmen, and I don't think are that capable in hand to hand combat. June is tough because of her sheershoo, so that leaves Ty-Lee who is naturally gifted at doing those chi-blocking punches.
    Weapon techniques are empty hand strikes. The only change is the weapon. Piandao would definitely be a master of hand-to-hand combat. Jet, maybe not. He's less disciplined.

Piandao all the way. He's a member of the Order of the White Lotus for a reason.

And, apparently, he defeated 100 soldiers single-handedly.

"I did not expect Ty Lee to be such a popular choice."

It has little to do with her skill, and more to do with her assets.

MarryLarry

[34]Jan 27, 2009

As is the case with most polls, people tend to vote for their favorite; not who deserves to win.

Ty Lee > Suki in a fight? More like Ty Lee = Suki.

Also, having a giant paralyzing beast to fight your battles doesn't make someone a great warrior. Animal trainer, sure. But warrior? No.