We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

What Type of Bender Would You Be???

Ultimate_ritic

[101]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 12

I'd be the regular kind of bender - I don't have any abilities apart from good dress sense, know the full cast of Annie and can recite every word or It's Raining Men.

Otherwise, i'd be an Air bender as technically, their power can be adapted into all the others. For, with a strong enough gust, you could control/ move water and earth, and fire is easily manipulated with air currents that feed it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JengoFett6

[103]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 8
    beastgirlsara wrote:
    Really fast, not to bring up something no one wants to talk about anymore, but how is wanting to be another bender selfish? Sorry if I sound ignorant at all, I really don't mean to, but isn't it really the person's choice what kind of bender to be?

I already explained that! If you were a waterbender you could save a lot of lives of the sick or wounded. You could instantly heal stuff even modern medicine can't. By choosing any other element to bend, you toss away the ability to save innocent lives just because you think bending another element would be cooler

Lord-darkboy

[104]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 10

JengoFett6 wrote:
    beastgirlsara wrote:
    Really fast, not to bring up something no one wants to talk about anymore, but how is wanting to be another bender selfish? Sorry if I sound ignorant at all, I really don't mean to, but isn't it really the person's choice what kind of bender to be?
    I already explained that! If you were a waterbender you could save a lot of lives of the sick or wounded. You could instantly heal stuff even modern medicine can't. By choosing any other element to bend, you toss away the ability to save innocent lives just because you think bending another element would be cooler

(yep i'm back) what if you where in the desert and you ran out of water

JengoFett6

[105]Nov 13, 2006
    Lord-darkboy wrote:

JengoFett6 wrote:
    beastgirlsara wrote:

dear lord I NEVER SAID IT WAS THE DESERT! BUT, that could happen, but today, why the hell would you bein a desert?

electricblue18

[106]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 7
    I would be a mercurybender. You can freeze or melt it, and it is very, VERY deadly! Kind of like waterbending, but much cooler.

JengoFett6

[107]Nov 14, 2006
    electricblue18 wrote:
    I would be a mercurybender. You can freeze or melt it, and it is very, VERY deadly! Kind of like waterbending, but much cooler.

sorry, only water, fire, earth and air.

Lord-darkboy

[108]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 10
    JengoFett6 wrote:
    Lord-darkboy wrote:

JengoFett6 wrote:
    beastgirlsara wrote:

dear lord I NEVER SAID IT WAS THE DESERT! BUT, that could happen, but today, why the hell would you bein a desert?

to enjoy the sun we have too little

SpideyFan914

[109]Oct 2, 2007
    • level: 18
    Lord-darkboy wrote:
    JengoFett6 wrote:
    Lord-darkboy wrote:
    JengoFett6 wrote:
    Lord-darkboy wrote:
    JengoFett6 wrote:
    Lord-darkboy wrote:
    JengoFett6 wrote:
    Lord-darkboy wrote:
    JengoFett6 wrote:
    Lord-darkboy wrote:
    JengoFett6 wrote:
    Lord-darkboy wrote:
    JengoFett6 wrote:
    Lord-darkboy wrote:

JengoFett6 wrote:
    How selfish of anyone to pick anything but water. Don't you wanna help sick and hurting ppl?

nope let them die for all i care

okaaaay, what if YOU were terminally ill. Would't you wanna water heal yourself?

can you heal yourself thats something new but if i was terminally ill i would get frozen wood frogs

Frozen wood frogs can't cure everything, and even so, would they be on hand to you at all times?

i'l just have a healer then in my team

And what if you become separated? Or what if your healer or healers go down?

look for other healers and if i can't find them STEALING MEDICINS

What if you're in the wilderness miles and miles away from ciilization or other people? What if you're so sick you can't walk. Wouldn't you want the ability to heal yourself always on hand?

thats why i have always all medicins in my bag and or pocket and they must even try to steal it from me the last time someone tried (i think i hit him too hard) he ran off with a broken nose and some bones

and if your medicines ARE stolen? or you lose your bag? What if you contract a disease that isn't curable by medicine?

plants and then hope i don't pick the wrong one

really......no plants nearby. What then? or what if you contract a new disease not known to man yet. How would you know what plant to pick even if you DID have every single plant around you?

so you wanna say i'm in the desert where i am sick then thats worth dying for i always wanted to die in a desert COULD YOU HAVE MENTIONED THAT EARLIER

uhh.....what?

well you said What if you're in the wilderness miles and miles away from ciilization or other people? What if you're so sick you can't walk. Wouldn't you want the ability to heal yourself always on hand?

and later

really......no plants nearby. What then? or what if you contract a new disease not known to man yet. How would you know what plant to pick even if you DID have every single plant around you?

then i must be in a desert

Um.... If you're so sick that you can't even move, then, well, waterbenders DO need their arms to bend. Airbenders, however, can use their breath and, therefore,maystill have a chance to get back in time. Or else, there's no hope.

*SPOILERS FOR BLUE SPIRIT, SEASON 2, AND SEASON 3 BELOW*

And if it's someone else, an airbender can easily grab some medicine and return to the person, like in Blue Spirit! And waterbending can't heal EVERY wound (unless it's special water, like Katara's patch from the North Pole which was used to resurrect Aang).

Plus, a common forgotten aspect is that not all waterbenders can heal! Katara's gift only occurs every so often. I don't even think Aang can heal! Nor is it instantaneous, depending upon the wound. Aang is still hurt from Azula's lightning even after Katara healed him.

Of course, waterbending is still amazing due to this possibility, its supreme defense, and its superior offense. I say that it is the most powerful element (Katara wiped out the entire Dai Lee in one move during the Season 2 Finale,the Swamp Dwellers can bend the plants into huge Swamp Monsters, etc.) if you're skilled enough.

*END OF SPOILERS*

'Course, airbending stillblows me away (literally)!

Earthbender567

[110]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 7

i would prefer to be able to bend at least 2 [earth and fire ] but if i had pick 1 it would be earth but i really like fire to [torn]

SokkasBoomerang

[111]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 4
    if i could bend 2 elements i would probably choose oppisites like earth and air because you can be quick and evasive and also steady and head on plus earth and air are the best elements. or maybe ill choose fire and air because air makes fire stronger that would be pretty cool....thats also what aang should do when he learns how to firebend i hope he does

isud12

[112]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 24

I will go with water because I read in a Chinese Zodiac book that I was born in the cycle of water. What I mean is there is a cycle somewhat similair to Avatar's.

Example:

Book's: Water,Earth,Wood,Metal,Fire,Magnesiem,Sand,Air

Plus I like the color blue, I like the Water characters in the show (Katara especially), and I like the culture of both of the Water Tribes.

isud12

Edited on 10/03/2007 7:44am

Atu_1

[113]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 17
    I would be an Air Bender, so I could fly

avrurakinninami

[114]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 21
    Fire/water bender

Gr-rocks

[115]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 4
    air. no questons asked. fly, simple life, peacefull, but strong and powerfull. please note that if the main charictor were another type of bender i would still be air, that aang has nothing to do with it. i wish that in REAL life once you turned 13 or something you can choose what matterial you want to learn. im even fine being a nomad. the only unpleasnt part would be getting tattos... but afer it was all over i would wear them proudly.
    Edited on 10/03/2007 6:42pm

KingAtticus

[116]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 11

I'm the bender who kicks ass and drinks bottles of Dr Pepper.

And I'm all out of Dr Pepper.

adam1018

[117]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 3
    KingAtticus wrote:

I'm the bender who kicks ass and drinks bottles of Dr Pepper.

And I'm all out of Dr Pepper.

Heres some

*hands over soda*

Did you know that The drink was first sold in Waco, Texas, in 1885. It was introduced nationally in the United States at the 1904 Louisiana Purchase Exposition as a new kind of root beer. The exact date of Dr Pepper's conception is unknown, but the U.S. Patent Office recognizes December 1, 1885 as the first time Dr Pepper was served.

It was formulated by German pharmacist Charles Alderton in Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store in Waco

dumbTVnut

[118]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 3
    Gr-rocks,

If you write in annoying text one more time I'll make your head explode with my telekinetic powers.

Bluefiremaster

[119]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 6
    either a firebender or waterbender. Fire because I'm cold and when someone pisses me off, I can get really dangerous. Water because I would love to be able to send giant whips at people, plus I would be able to send my boyfriend flying to the other side of the lake if he tried to dunk me.

Masterbasset

[120]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 5
    While I'd like to be an Earthbender, I'm probably most similar to The Air Nomads personality wise.