We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

What bit made you cry???

Phantomair

[21]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 7
    At the end of the series becuase I knew it was the end and I was also very emotional when Zuko ran away from that DATE, it was so sad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AllieAllie

[22]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 22
    When Yue died in the Seige of the North part two. But I really cried when Azula shot Aang with lightning in the season two finale.

FireLordZuko93

[23]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 12
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Well, Yue didn't technically DIE. Her spirit was just transported somewhere else. I guess you could call it death, but her soul continued to live on.

Regardless she couldn't be with Sokka anymore Yuokka FTW!!

masterarrowhead

[24]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 8
    I still get emotional with Tales of Ba Sing Se. The whole song of Leaves from the Vine still gets me. Rest in Paece Mako.

littlewillie610

[25]Oct 15, 2008
    I never really cried, but episodes like Zuko alone, Sothern raiders, and of course Appa's lost days were really sad.The for Mako thing was the indication I saw that he was dead.

isabelwhatx

[26]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    I used to have Leavers from the Vine on my iPod 0.o

Alpha1Niner

[27]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    Me?
    Cry?
    Never. *sniff*
    Don't look at me.

No, but really I didn't cry during any part of the series.

DemocracyDefend

[28]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    I didnt really cry but probally the most sad song or emotiaonal sonf is
    IDK the name
    Something like
    Spring and fall, mmn and tides, somethinbg something something
    Sooomethiing

Iroh sanf it I think the episode before Sige of the North part 1 and as in SotN when Sokka got the Kings mark. And Yue cried

FireLordZuko93

[29]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 12
    Alpha1Niner wrote:
    Me?
    Cry?
    Never. *sniff*
    Don't look at me.

No, but really I didn't cry during any part of the series.

Well...did you think any parts were sad then?

Alpha1Niner

[30]Oct 17, 2008
    There was the part where the series ended. It made me somewhat sad.

LadyInque

[31]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 24
    "Tales of Ba Sing Se" theend of Iroh story when he cries singing his son's favourite song so sad poor Iroh

Falcondude123

[32]Oct 31, 2008

Okay I just don't cry alot, personally. Instead I usually get this big "mmph" feeling in my stomach like I just got punched and I can't breathe... anyone else know what I mean?

When I got that feeling:

Yue Died.... this single moment just crushed me inside... it's actually the moment that really hooked me on the show.... It was the first ep I'd seen since Ep.3, and that final moment of perfect sacrifice and broken love tore me up deep down.

Zuko started fire-blasting at Aang instead of Azula in the season two finale.... I was like, WHAT?!?!?.... I mean seriously, I'd been keeping up with Zuko's transformation, all the fanart, all the fanfictions, all the predictions that Zuko would turn good in Crossroads, and then.... WHAT?!?!?!!!..... I honesty hated Zuko for the longest time after that, and I hated Mike and Bryan for such stupid writing... it was actually good writing, but I was soo dang shocked and pissed and just, just.... eerrgh!

And then there was the best episode ever made- Nightmares and Daydreams.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!! I think I just cried with laughter at that one.... "chakras, chakras, chakras! Everybody loves chakras!... You, my friend, are a few plumbs short, of a fruit pie.... YOU'RE NOT EVEN WEARING ANY PANTS!!!" LOLOLOLOL!!

Finally, there was the end. We all knew the good guys would win, it was just a question as to what the cost/sacrifice might be. I was personally hoping Aang would die, just because it would make the whole story that much more powerful and meaningful. Suddenly the show would be like it was always supposed to be- the legend of the last airbender. But he didn't die. Niether did Katara, my second choice, just because her death would have been the greatest way to settle the Kataang/Zutara wars. If she had perished, especially saving Zuko, her former arch-nemisis, than the ATLA world would have turned upside down, leaving an impression in our minds that would make the show unforgettable. Finally, I was hoping Zuko die, as a sort of final payment for his crimes. His only chance of redemption was to die in the service of the avatar and the world. It would have been his last act- his testament to his truly being converted to the good side.

But, alas, they all had a happy nickelodeon ending. That actually DID make me cry... *sigh*...

luvpwnsu

[33]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 6
    Appas lost days!!!! soo sad! =( oh and the tales of ba sing say with iroh.

[34]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 14

What made me cry? What was the most emotional for me in Avatar? There are a whole bunch of things, but there were certain scenes (especially in the finale) that were like BAM in the gut.

First I have to say the The Crossroads of Destiny was a good example. I got so angry with Zuko and I started tearing up when I saw Aang falling. That was terrible. I almost couldn't believe Nickelodeon even allowed that to be shown. I was off my feet and twitching with anitcipation when Katara started healing him and started tearing up MORE when there was no response for those couple of seconds...geez.

Then there's The Awakening. That episode in its entirety was just plain sad. Enough said.

Now The Avatar and the Firelord? It didn't exactly make me cry, but it was horrible to see an old best friend betray another. That was extremely tragic.

(Haha. Season three must have been the most emotional season there was.)

And of course, for some odd reason I teared up at the very beginning of the finale because I knew that this was it: the last stand. When, Iroh and Zuko reunited... The first shot of the final battle... Didn't make me cry, but I knew that this was THE final battle, the one we've been speculating for years, you know? The coronation scene... That scene was like a dream to watch. I almost couldn't believe I was even watching it. And finally, the final and in my opinion, the most beautiful scene in the series, the infamous kiss. But what was so horrible about it? When the music ended and the sky panned up and said the words we probably were all dreading since the beginning..."The End".

Spazdog

[35]Nov 2, 2008
    I think I should come clean, I have actually haven't cried once watching this. But still it was a pretty emotional show. Sorry no tear bending for me XD

Necro_17

[36]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 5
    There was only one moment that made be actually start crying which was when Zuko and Iroh reunited during the Finale and their conversation

During Bitter Work where Iroh was dreaming about Lu Ten also got me

There was also the moment when Azula was 'teasing' Sokka about Suki during Day of Black Sun that made me a bit sad and wished that I was Sokka so I could start chopping off Azula's limbs (I've never hated her more than that moment)

I've never been able to rewatch Appa's lost days...

captaintombatch

[37]Nov 3, 2008
    • level: 32
    Yeah, Lu Ten dying and Iroh's dream about that was pretty sad. The end of Chapter 17, "Lake Laogai", when Jet was dying made my cry also. The biggest tearjerker in my opinion, was actually when Azula saw her mother in the mirror in Season 3 Chapter 20, and threw the hairbrush at it. That was sad that Azula was suffering so much. The end of the series made my cry too, but they were tears of joy. Aang got the girl in the end.

MarryLarry

[38]Nov 3, 2008
    • level: 11

captaintombatch wrote:
    Yeah, Lu Ten dying and Iroh's dream about that was pretty sad. The end of Chapter 17, "Lake Laogai", when Jet was dying made my cry also. The biggest tearjerker in my opinion, was actually when Azula saw her mother in the mirror in Season 3 Chapter 20, and threw the hairbrush at it. That was sad that Azula was suffering so much. The end of the series made my cry too, but they were tears of joy. Aang got the girl in the end.

See, I get why those 1st 2 might get someone. But, the mirror scene? Really? Really? That's the big one that got to ya the most? The evil child having mommy issues. Not when she shot the world's savior in the back. Not when she shot the old uncle when he wasn't looking. Not when she suckered her bro into taking the bullet for Katara. It's the mirror scene that gets ya? Huh. Interesting.

foxmccloud13

[39]Nov 3, 2008
    • level: 13
    The Iroh song at the end of his story in Tales of Ba Sing Se.
    The Zuko/Iroh reunion in Avatar Aang.
    I think some others, but none that pop into mind.

xxnovaxstarxx

[40]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    Wow, its been a long time since people have been on these.

I'm just skimming through the forums because I am rewatching avatar, for I think the 3rd time. Well, 4th or 5th for the first season. And I am on the Northern Air temple. But, I remember crying a lot through out the show (i am a very emotional person xD)

The southern air temple- It didn't make me cry, (well not the third time through) but the pretty music at the end and the recapping for me just makes me a little sad.
    The Blue Spirit- Every single time I watch that I just start balling. It is my favorite episode of avatar, or at least the first season. The ending, where sokka asks if aang made any new friends and aangs answer of "no, I don't think I did." *tears*
    The seige of the north pole part 2 - yeah, yue becoming moon spirit and leaving family kinda sad.
    Zuko Alone- The ending where they get mad at him for being from the fire nation, and that kid, and just the ending my eyes are a little salty.
    The Chase- When they work together to fight Azula at the end. I don't know why, but the whole scene makes me cry.
    The Tales of Ba Sing Se- Who didn't cry?
    and I don't remember others, because I have only seen the third season once actually -_-. But I do remember one line in the four part movie where Sokka says, "I don't think boomerangs coming back toph" I couldn't keep watching I was crying so much. Oh and Ember island players, with the whole toph tough thing, yeah I laughed so hard, tears dripped down my cheeks. I don't think anyone is going to read this, but I just wanted to remind myself of everything I cried over.