We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

We should Save Avatar

Should we Save Avatar: The Last Airbender???

Bloom36

[1]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 11

Okay. We know that avatar end but I think we should bring it back. There should be a 4th season of Avatar. And if everyone come and help us then we can get a 4th season. Look I know how to save a show. I help out with Winx Club and we won. Winx Club is getting a 4th season and a 2nd movie. And we all can do the same. So who is with me? Are you going to save Avatar or are going to be lazy and sit on your butt all day long?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

phunner1311

[2]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    Avatar should definitly be back. I mean they could! I'm quite imageinitive. They could have azula come back and seek vengence against katara. Or the rest of the fire nation could try to get rid of zucou

Bloom36

[3]Dec 29, 2008
    Yea. If we get more people to join us then we can start a group...

shybaby13

[4]Dec 30, 2008
    • level: 15
    I liked the way it ended I don't think it should come back as a 4th season. Maybe another series in the same world. That would be cool.

Batweb32

[5]Dec 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    I don't think so. The show ended nicely and there really isn't anything else that Aang needs to do...

....unless, there's a spinoff with different characters. That would be pretty cool.

Jackson5050

[6]Dec 30, 2008
    • level: 12
    I hate to rain on your parade, but Avatar cannot be saved.

_Flutterlight_

[7]Dec 30, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    I hate to rain on your parade, but Avatar cannot be saved.

I agree, Mike and Brian, (Avatar's creators) were very adamant that Aang and Zuko's stories were over after season three. If Mike and Brian say no more Avatar, there will be no more Avatar.

However, there may or may not be a spin-off show in the works, and a live-action movie's coming up. So we can at least look forward to that.

Water78

[8]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 47
    Bloom trust me avatar the show is ended, it's not coming back there is not going to be a season 4, you can hope all you want for a spin off but there is not going to be a season 4. All you can and send letters to nick, it's not going to do anything. Just look forward to the movies and dvds toys and other crap.

Bloom36

[9]Dec 31, 2008
    Look I see you like the ending and you think there no more to talk about. But let me ask you something. Where is Zuko's mom? And Azula is powerful she can break out of anything and what will she do when she breaks out? And so much more. I also see that you can't do it on your own but you are not alone. You got us. If we work hard and have hope, then we can save Avatar. You just got to believes in yourself.

snowprincess456

[10]Dec 31, 2008
    The story is done.There is nothing left to continue.As for the loose ends,in my opinion, the best way to end a story is to have a couple of loose ends inorder to let the watcher imagine what could have happened. The loose ends left room for fanfiction, which will help keep the show alive even when no other episodes are airing. Avatar does not need saving. This wonderful show was ment to end.

_Flutterlight_

[11]Dec 31, 2008
    "Believing in ourselves" is not going to get Avatar back. I hate to break this to you, but we're lucky we even got the three seasons we did.

I'm going to bring back my old hiatus rants and say that NICK IS NEVER GOING TO AIR SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T BRING IN ENOUGH MONEY. Avatar was put on hiatus because not enough people bought the Legos, the plushies, the T-shirts, the actionfigures, the DVDs, and the video games.

It doesn't matter how much fans want Nick to have more seasons, or if the show's creators want to continue the show. If Nick isn't going to get money, Nick isn't going to give us a season four.

Nick isn't some bad guy from a kids' show that can be vanquished by "believing". Nick is made up of a group of money hungry executives that will not do anything unless they think they'll get a heafty profit.

libraman_92

[12]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 10
    As for this thread, I truly believe that this is a plenty-discussed topic. If I am correct, then already about 5 other threads have been about this subject.

Furthermore, we've concluded the possibly of a failed plot wave throughout Season Four. Season Two had a wonderful plot; however Season Three didn't live up to exceptions. It was fantastic overall, but the brilliance Avatar has been noted to achieve didn't appear in Season Three. So, we're almost sure that a Season Four would bring an even worse plot.

Also, I would like to quote a very important point, put to notice by _Flutterlight_:

"Believing in ourselves" is not going to get Avatar back. I hate to break this to you, but we're lucky we even got the three seasons we did. I'm going to bring back my old hiatus rants and say that NICK IS NEVER GOING TO AIR SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T BRING IN ENOUGH MONEY. Avatar was put on hiatus because not enough people bought the Legos, the plushies, the T-shirts, the actionfigures, the DVDs, and the video games. It doesn't matter how much fans want Nick to have more seasons, or if the show's creators want to continue the show.

If Nick isn't going to get money, Nick isn't going to give us a season four. Nick isn't some bad guy from a kids' show that can be vanquished by "believing". Nick is made up of a group of money hungry executives that will not do anything unless they think they'll get a heafty profit. [/QUOTE]

I especially like the point made in the final paragraph, which states that Nick is made up of power-hungry executives. This is completely, absolutely true and therefore Avatar's Season Four will never be created ON NICK. If it was to be created after all, it would be made on some other cable network; and that cable network would witness the worst feedback from Season Four's Avatar as we'd know it."

If you are wondering how there is we can get more Avatar; no need to fear! The Avatar Live Action Trilogy is here! We should just wait for them and the mini episodes that some have managed to generate proof upon which they are speculated to arrive.

/THREAD
    Edited on 12/31/2008 7:41pm

gilvatar

[13]Jan 1, 2009
    • level: 17
    libraman_92 wrote:
    As for this thread, I truly believe that this is a plenty-discussed topic. If I am correct, then already about 5 other threads have been about this subject.

Furthermore, we've concluded the possibly of a failed plot wave throughout Season Four. Season Two had a wonderful plot; however Season Three didn't live up to exceptions. It was fantastic overall, but the brilliance Avatar has been noted to achieve didn't appear in Season Three. So, we're almost sure that a Season Four would bring an even worse plot.

Also, I would like to quote a very important point, put to notice by _Flutterlight_:

"Believing in ourselves" is not going to get Avatar back. I hate to break this to you, but we're lucky we even got the three seasons we did. I'm going to bring back my old hiatus rants and say that NICK IS NEVER GOING TO AIR SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T BRING IN ENOUGH MONEY. Avatar was put on hiatus because not enough people bought the Legos, the plushies, the T-shirts, the actionfigures, the DVDs, and the video games. It doesn't matter how much fans want Nick to have more seasons, or if the show's creators want to continue the show.

If Nick isn't going to get money, Nick isn't going to give us a season four. Nick isn't some bad guy from a kids' show that can be vanquished by "believing". Nick is made up of a group of money hungry executives that will not do anything unless they think they'll get a heafty profit.

I especially like the point made in the final paragraph, which states that Nick is made up of power-hungry executives. This is completely, absolutely true and therefore Avatar's Season Four will never be created ON NICK. If it was to be created after all, it would be made on some other cable network; and that cable network would witness the worst feedback from Season Four's Avatar as we'd know it."

If you are wondering how there is we can get more Avatar; no need to fear! The Avatar Live Action Trilogy is here! We should just wait for them and the mini episodes that some have managed to generate proof upon which they are speculated to arrive.

/THREAD[/QUOTE] just to clarify we did not clarify. some negative miserably people decideed to be annoyiing and put "/thread" on every thread about this topic. So really, you can hope but jerks will come and p*** on the hope.

_Flutterlight_

[14]Jan 2, 2009
    ^^ Pointing out reality is not "p*** on hope".

Does Nick have ANY financial incentitive to supply us with more Avatar? Does it? None of their attempts to sell Avatar products, (with the exception of the DVDs), were sucessful enough. And the DVDs weren't enough to cover the deficit.

Like I've said, this isn't about "hope", this is about money. If everybody who likes Avatar went and bought ten copies of all the DVD box sets, THEN maybe there would be some hope.

Jackson5050

[15]Jan 3, 2009
    Actually, money is the one reason Nick would continue Avatar. Avatar is fast becoming a major product. Judging by an article I read in the USA Today, Nick expects Avatar to continue its success-especially with the forthcoming live-action movies. As I have said repeatedly, I expect Nick to produce some original content to rekindle the fandom's interest prior to the live-action movies.

_Flutterlight_

[16]Jan 3, 2009

But... Who are they selling to? And more importantly, WHAT are they selling?

The article, which is from last year, said the target audiance are young boys. But I've never met a young male avatar fan in my life. We all know the people who actually watch Avatar are tweens and teens from BOTH genders- that's why the Legos and the action figure sales flopped.

I've looked around. Right now the only Avatar products I know are for sale right now are the lame books written for nine year olds and the DVDs. Plus, Avatar's not even ON Nick right now, so that eliminates advertising revenue from the show too. That's not a lot of marketing, which means Nick and Viacom are not getting a lot of money from Avatar. True, we might see a few reruns before the movies. But the fact is, Avatar just isn't a big money maker for Nick and Viacom. If it was, we'd see key-chains, character plushies, posters, adds, and most importantly: air time.

Edited on 01/03/2009 2:25pm

Jackson5050

[17]Jan 3, 2009
    I would classify teen boys-especially tween boys-as young boys. In fact, Avatar's strongest demographic is the 6-14 year old group. I am uncertain how that breaks down by gender, but it does appear as if young people are the targeted demographic. The video games have also sold well. They have sold over one million units combined. The Avatar manga series by Tokyopop has sold well. Avatar does receive extensive air time on Nicktoons which is available in over 50 million households in the US. In fact, Nick devoted three days over the Thanksgiving weekend devoted solely to Avatar. Avatar also has a trading card game produced by Topps. There are reasons Avatar will not have a 4th season-the lack of Avatar-related revenue is not one of them.
    Edited on 01/03/2009 2:11pm

ThisCrazyGuy

[18]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 8
    I'm not going too deeply into this, but I would definitely have to agree with Jackson...

_Flutterlight_

[19]Jan 3, 2009

I never said Avatar wasn't making Nick money, I said it wasn't making ENOUGH money. The manga series, the video games, and the DVDs may have sold well, but they didn't sell well ENOUGH.

If they were, we'd have big-name actors doing the live-action movies, there would be more products- which would be advertised better, and Avatar's reruns wouldn't have gotten pushed off to Nicktoons.

Edited on 01/03/2009 2:33pm

Jackson5050

[20]Jan 3, 2009
    Actually, it seems as if the DVDs are selling spectacularly. Avatar generates plenty of revenue. Nick is not producing more products because they are astutely nurturing the Avatar brand. They believe Avatar's biggest days are ahead and not behind. They do not desire to overexpose Avatar's brand before the release of the major live-action movies.