We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Team Avatar!

Wich person do you like more!

ThisCrazyGuy

[21]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 8
    rootaquiaargyle wrote:

My favorite is Aang for sure. His personality is great, is a fun loving, carefree kid and that's what makes him awesome. He's also very intelligent and selfless.

Next is Katara because she cares so much for everyone and does everything she can to help everyone, forgetting herself.

I didn't like Toph at first because she was a jerk to Aang, but she's cool.

Zuko is awesome, I just want him to get his life together faster, and he needs to learn not to trust his family besides Iroh.

Iroh is one of my favorites too! He's so laid back and all he seems to really care about is tea. He makes me laugh my head off! He's also very humble and wise and he knows the difference between good and evil.

Really I like all the characters, gotta love Sokka, and Momo and Appa are awesome!

I would just like to point out, that Toph was NOT a jerk to Aang... She HAD to be a harsh teacher to him, because him learning Earth-bending was CRUCIAL (in terms of saving the WORLD), and he wasn't grasping it... Do you think Toph wanted to be like that? In the end, it was her being a "jerk", that eventually lead to Aang being able to so much as bend a stone... It is one of those situations, where the teacher's only way to make sure the pupil understood what needed to be learnt, is if the teacher was cold and hard on the pupil... Earth-bending isn't a soft thing, and it cannot be taught softly either... It was a crucial and hard thing to learn, so Toph needed to be hard on him... Simple. You made it sound as if she decided and wanted to be that way. One could say that Aang was a jerk to Toph in "The Chase"...
    Edited on 12/06/2008 7:23pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

panthean

[22]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 9
    it would have been cooler if they made Toph like the blind samurai, her snobbishness is kind of annoying

youtube_tv

[23]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 25
    Katara and Toph are my favorite, but Aang and Zuko are next

rootaquiaargyle

[24]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 7
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    rootaquiaargyle wrote:

My favorite is Aang for sure. His personality is great, is a fun loving, carefree kid and that's what makes him awesome. He's also very intelligent and selfless.

Next is Katara because she cares so much for everyone and does everything she can to help everyone, forgetting herself.

Zuko is awesome, I just want him to get his life together faster, and he needs to learn not to trust his family besides Iroh.

Iroh is one of my favorites too! He's so laid back and all he seems to really care about is tea. He makes me laugh my head off! He's also very humble and wise and he knows the difference between good and evil.

Really I like all the characters, gotta love Sokka, and Momo and Appa are awesome!

I would just like to point out, that Toph was NOT a jerk to Aang... She HAD to be a harsh teacher to him, because him learning Earth-bending was CRUCIAL (in terms of saving the WORLD), and he wasn't grasping it... Do you think Toph wanted to be like that? In the end, it was her being a "jerk", that eventually lead to Aang being able to so much as bend a stone... It is one of those situations, where the teacher's only way to make sure the pupil understood what needed to be learnt, is if the teacher was cold and hard on the pupil... Earth-bending isn't a soft thing, and it cannot be taught softly either... It was a crucial and hard thing to learn, so Toph needed to be hard on him... Simple. You made it sound as if she decided and wanted to be that way. One could say that Aang was a jerk to Toph in "The Chase"...

Well I never meant this to be a big argument. I agree with you on most of your points. She did need to be tough with him in order for him to learn earth bending, the opposite of air. She was also treated unfairly in the Chase by Katara and Aang. She definitely couldn't back down from getting Aang to learn. But besides this I think she acted like a bully to Sokka who has no bending ability, and this was purly for her own amusment. She is also selfish and prideful so that when Aang takes her down in the Blind Bandit she gets really angry at him. She was also wrong about scamming people to get money.

All this being true, I like her overall. I think it was vital for the series that she was like this because she was pushed around by her parents her whole life. At the same time she was spoiled being the daughter of rich, upper class parents. Eventually though, she grows up and becomes a better person as the show goes on and I really like how she changes. Thinking more of the good of the group and treating her friends with respect and fighting loyally to the end along side her companions. I hope that clears everything up. I guess I should have clarified earlier.

ThisCrazyGuy

[25]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    rootaquiaargyle wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    rootaquiaargyle wrote:

Well I never meant this to be a big argument. I agree with you on most of your points. She did need to be tough with him in order for him to learn earth bending, the opposite of air. She was also treated unfairly in the Chase by Katara and Aang. She definitely couldn't back down from getting Aang to learn. But besides this I think she acted like a bully to Sokka who has no bending ability, and this was purly for her own amusment. She is also selfish and prideful so that when Aang takes her down in the Blind Bandit she gets really angry at him. She was also wrong about scamming people to get money.

All this being true, I like her overall. I think it was vital for the series that she was like this because she was pushed around by her parents her whole life. At the same time she was spoiled being the daughter of rich, upper class parents. Eventually though, she grows up and becomes a better person as the show goes on and I really like how she changes. Thinking more of the good of the group and treating her friends with respect and fighting loyally to the end along side her companions. I hope that clears everything up. I guess I should have clarified earlier.

I'm not saying she is perfect, but what you said about her (before) wasn't true. And I think the reason she was like that to Sokka (I don't think she was that bad) was because she had a crush on him...

Trollwrangler

[26]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 5

panthean wrote:
    it would have been cooler if they made Toph like the blind samurai, her snobbishness is kind of annoying

Dude, Zatoichi was a yakuza not a samurai (splitting hairs is fun). I also like Toph the most, especially because she's tough and whenever she actually got lines they were pretty good.

rootaquiaargyle

[27]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 7

[/QUOTE]I'm not saying she is perfect, but what you said about her (before) wasn't true. And I think the reason she was like that to Sokka (I don't think she was that bad) was because she had a crush on him... [/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right, I didn't really think it through when I said Toph was a jerk. And you're right, it isn't true. Good point about the way she acts towards Sokka (and yeah, it wasn't that bad). In fact I was just thinking about how I really like how the relationship between Toph and Sokka plays out throughout the show, and also the way the relationship between her and Zuko plays out too.

Toph- *Hits Zuko

Zuko- "Ow, what was that for?!!"

Toph- "It's how I show affection."