We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Shipping Wars Discussion Thread: we need to step it up!

panthean

[1]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 9

ok, the shipping war is too weak... and the weaker it is, the less art and fanfiction we will see based upon Zutara/Kataang

This thread is to discuss eveything we can do to increase the amount of things revolving around the ships...

Anything! from role-playing to fanfiction to fanart to games to contests... anything!

it's simple, if we want more, we have to make more...

Let's start off with another contest: best original shipping fanfiction work!

Plus, I'm going to make a proboards discussion site, in which both sides will be able to discuss things and participate in role-plays, fanfictions, etc....

http://avatarshipwars.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

Edited on 11/27/2008 4:44pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

StrongGaia

[2]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 8
    Was this worth starting a new thread over? Why not just post this message in the actual threads you're talking about?

/thread

Aryck1095

[3]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 2

The current decline in fan-fiction is because of the school year. There are less people online now because they have school work to do.

Why would you want to START a shipping war? The things always get out of hand, first people start bashing each other and their opposing ships, and then they report each others art and fan-fiction out of anger towards each other. You wanna have o deal with all that again? I sure as hell don't. We have peace at the moment, I'd rather not ruin it.

Axrendale

[4]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 10

Men grow tired of sleep, singing, dancing, and love sooner than war - Livy.

panthean

[5]Nov 30, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

lol

thats why I created a new site... so I'll be in charge of making sure people aren't reporting things over anger

the point is, the shipping war is a good way to get people to be creative and make artwork and stuff like that... the more determined people are to win, the more fun it will be, because the more new things people will be writing/drawing

libraman_92

[6]Nov 30, 2008
    panthean wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

lol

thats why I created a new site... so I'll be in charge of making sure people aren't reporting things over anger

the point is, the shipping war is a good way to get people to be creative and make artwork and stuff like that... the more determined people are to win, the more fun it will be, because the more new things people will be writing/drawing

alright, i've made an account. so, could I please be in charge of the Kataangers and pin my thread, please?

zan4

[7]Nov 30, 2008
    why are people even fighting about this... They already gave the canon relationship already..

4nationfury

[8]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 16
    panthean wrote:

ok, the shipping war is too weak... and the weaker it is, the less art and fanfiction we will see based upon Zutara/Kataang

You said Zutara before Kataang. You can't be trusted to rally on a subject as sensitive as this.

Jackson5050

[9]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 12
    I wisely abstain from all topics regarding shipping. One, I am not interested in shipping. Two, people become too emotional and defensive.

panthean

[10]Nov 30, 2008
    4nationfury wrote:
    panthean wrote:

You said Zutara before Kataang. You can't be trusted to rally on a subject as sensitive as this.

yes, which is why I'm giving Libraman_92 almost as much power as me for being the the first kataang member

the only things that I will posses absolute power over, will be the running and rule-making of the site... and I will be the judge and jury if anyone takes an action that could be considered racist, threatening, or criminal in any way... I promise there will be a balance of power on my site... because I see how friendly competetion can turn out good stuff for both sides, and thats what I'm aiming to see more of, good, new, and creative material

MarryLarry

[11]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 11

This.

zan4 wrote:
    why are people even fighting about this... They already gave the canon relationship already..

This.

Jackson5050 wrote:
    I wisely abstain from all topics regarding shipping. One, I am not interested in shipping. Two, people become too emotional and defensive.

And This.

Me wrote:
    Call me a minority in this little farce, but I'm actually enjoying the lull in the juvenile whining caused by the fanatical devotion of many pathetic teenaged fantards completely devoid of real-world relationships themselves and thus feeling compelled to drag the rest of us with them into this pit of self-destructive cultism by bitterly and savagely yelling at each other, yet dimwittedly forgetting that words don't make noises and compensate for this by using CAPSLOCK!1!, hoping that their "well-constructed and thought out opinions" will convert anyone who reads it into a fellow 'shipper' lacking any reasoning or sympathy for the 'opposition' and in turn, help spread the word of the one true ship. Many ships come to mind from this discription. Some think Zutara. Others Taang. But truly, all are guilty in this great conflict that has spilled across the forum, which is a major killjoy for those you don't want to be involved but are forced to suffer through this great disgrace to humanity. But that's just me. Amen.

panthean

[12]Nov 30, 2008
    MarryLarry wrote:

This.

zan4 wrote:

This.

Jackson5050 wrote:

And This.

Me wrote:
    Call me a minority in this little farce, but I'm actually enjoying the lull in the juvenile whining caused by the fanatical devotion of many pathetic teenaged fantards completely devoid of real-world relationships themselves and thus feeling compelled to drag the rest of us with them into this pit of self-destructive cultism by bitterly and savagely yelling at each other, yet dimwittedly forgetting that words don't make noises and compensate for this by using CAPSLOCK!1!, hoping that their "well-constructed and thought out opinions" will convert anyone who reads it into a fellow 'shipper' lacking any reasoning or sympathy for the 'opposition' and in turn, help spread the word of the one true ship. Many ships come to mind from this discription. Some think Zutara. Others Taang. But truly, all are guilty in this great conflict that has spilled across the forum, which is a major killjoy for those you don't want to be involved but are forced to suffer through this great disgrace to humanity. But that's just me. Amen.

holy crap, you're obviously not into any of this... it may seem strange to you, but we enjoy this competetive game-like experience... if your not going to relate to either side or join in on the fun, then don't post

MarryLarry

[13]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 11
    panthean wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

This.

zan4 wrote:

This.

Jackson5050 wrote:

And This.

Me wrote:
    Blah Blah Blah.

holy crap, you're obviously not into any of this... it may seem strange to you, but we enjoy this competetive game-like experience... if your not going to relate to either side or join in on the fun, then don't post

You say fun now because all the hardcore fanatics have left. But I promise you, if you were here when the show was still ongoing you'd understand where me is coming from.

Alpha1Niner

[14]Dec 17, 2008
    ^He's right. If all of the originals came back here and heard that, the last words you might say will be muffled by your own butt. lol.