We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Avatar: Legends of the Arena Thread-Comprehensive List of SN

Which is your favorite element to use?

isabelwhatx

[261]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 14
    I'm slowly recruiting my family and one of my neighbors. I made her watch the finale with me a couple days after it came out and by the end she was in tears. She used to watch Avatar but kind of lost interest. Now I've gotten her hooked . I'm working on her with the game right now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PsychoPass

[262]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 11
    Nice, a commercial! They didn't show much but it looks like you do get to customize your character to a good degree. There wasn't much though so I can't really comment on anything. September 15th! Nothing will ever beat the anticipation of July 14th 2008 though.

isabelwhatx

[263]Sep 7, 2008
    PsychoPass wrote:
    Nice, a commercial! They didn't show much but it looks like you do get to customize your character to a good degree. There wasn't much though so I can't really comment on anything. September 15th! Nothing will ever beat the anticipation of July 14th 2008 though.

Wait, didn't you see the preview?

PsychoPass

[264]Sep 7, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    PsychoPass wrote:

Wait, didn't you see the preview?

I saw a 15 second commercial at Turbonick. :F

isabelwhatx

[265]Sep 7, 2008
    Go here for a 5 minute preview of the game. It's awesome

Axrendale

[266]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 10

PsychoPass wrote:

Nothing in the immediate future, but I imagine that come July 2010, millions of avatards, former, and ones who remained loyal alike, will be unable to help but feel a lot of anticipation.

isabelwhatx

[267]Sep 7, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

PsychoPass wrote:

Nothing in the immediate future, but I imagine that come July 2010, millions of avatards, former, and ones who remained loyal alike, will be unable to help but feel a lot of anticipation.

The movie release will be insane. Avatar will actually be advertised, so I think the fan base will grow tremendously. TREMENDOUSLY. This MMO will be NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING compared to the hype of the movie.

PsychoPass

[268]Sep 7, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:

Thanks. The graphics for the fire and water look... recycled. :F Unless the stuff the Katara keeps shooting out is ice/snow. I'm still going to have to see more once the game is released but I am very happy that you can customize your character's appearances, items, etc.

Axrendale

[269]Sep 7, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:

There is an interesting read I discovered on the USA Today's website regarding Nick's interest in the Avatar brand. According to the article, Nick believes that Avatar can become its "Harry Potter." I am guessing that after the ratings success of Book Three, Nick has now realized how valuable the Avatar brand is.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2007-09-20-avatar_N.htm

OH MY GOODNESS. Could this really be true? From the sound of this, Nick is actually trying to take it's first steps toward moving away from it's current agenda, and trying out something new: Avatar, and more like it.

I know that this is from 2007, but still. This really looks to be promising

isabelwhatx

[270]Sep 7, 2008
    PsychoPass wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

Thanks. The graphics for the fire and water look... recycled. :F Unless the stuff the Katara keeps shooting out is ice/snow. I'm still going to have to see more once the game is released but I am very happy that you can customize your character's appearances, items, etc.

That's a very cool feature. I'm kind of disappointed they only showed the customization of a guy, but whatever. The graphics aren't the best, but the earthbending looks awesome, IMO.

Jackson5050

[271]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 12
    Axrendale wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

There is an interesting read I discovered on the USA Today's website regarding Nick's interest in the Avatar brand. According to the article, Nick believes that Avatar can become its "Harry Potter." I am guessing that after the ratings success of Book Three, Nick has now realized how valuable the Avatar brand is.

OH MY GOODNESS. Could this really be true? From the sound of this, Nick is actually trying to take it's first steps toward moving away from it's current agenda, and trying out something new: Avatar, and more like it.

I think Nick realized that it needed a brand other than SpongeBob that can be associated with Nick. They have not created any bona-fide hits since SB (Avatar being the exception), whilst Disney has created a few hit franchises (Hannah Montana and Suite Life). Nick was already aware of the rabid fanbase and needed confirmation from Book Three's ratings that Avatar was not a fad. This is why they are making an MMO, a live-action movie...and possibly the (rumored) mini-episodes/hour-long movies

bl0ndi3girl18

[272]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    i really want those hour long episode's to be true! That would be like.... so AMAZING! If that happens i WILL faint. I've fainted before, it's not fun. BUT I WILL DO IT FOR AVATAR! The MMO looks cool. i've never played anything like that before... so it should be interesting
    Edited on 09/08/2008 1:52pm

isabelwhatx

[273]Sep 8, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

I think Nick realized that it needed a brand other than SpongeBob that can be associated with Nick. They have not created any bona-fide hits since SB (Avatar being the exception), whilst Disney has created a few hit franchises (Hannah Montana and Suite Life). Nick was already aware of the rabid fanbase and needed confirmation from Book Three's ratings that Avatar was not a fad. This is why they are making an MMO, a live-action movie...and possibly the (rumored) mini-episodes/hour-long movies

But the movie has nothing to do with them, correct? So that's not their doing. The MMO, however, is quite surprising.

[274]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

But the movie has nothing to do with them, correct? So that's not their doing. The MMO, however, is quite surprising.

*fetal position* Yea. I'm really hoping that we get some NEWS!!! on the 15th.

Chaospyro

[275]Sep 8, 2008
    I guess Nick really is serious about releasing this globally. Advertisement for the MMO has started here too (NZ), which is great. So it looks like there would be a pretty large player base when the game is released.

isabelwhatx

[276]Sep 8, 2008
    Chaospyro wrote:
    I guess Nick really is serious about releasing this globally. Advertisement for the MMO has started here too (NZ), which is great. So it looks like there would be a pretty large player base when the game is released.

Yesiree I know a couple people who saw the preview, without being Avatards, and already want to play the game.

Jackson5050

[277]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Paramount, MTV Films and Nick Studios are involved and they are all owned by Viacom...so in a sense Nick is involved.

Chaospyro

[278]Sep 8, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:
    Chaospyro wrote:
    Yesiree I know a couple people who saw the preview, without being Avatards, and already want to play the game.

Sweet more publicity for Avatar then. Now I really do hope that there is a f2p version as well.

isabelwhatx

[279]Sep 8, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Paramount, MTV Films and Nick Studios are involved and they are all owned by Viacom...so in a sense Nick is involved.

Shhh, I'm in my happy place.

Jackson5050

[280]Sep 8, 2008
    We are now a week away from the game launching. I am expecting a barrage of announcements this week. We should get some news on the exact time it will launch and if you must pay to play. Remember, for those who have Nicktoons to tune in this Friday night at 6:30 pm, EDT. That may be when Nick releases the special content. Keep checking the first post of this thread for any new announcements.