We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

New RPG set 200 years into the future

panthean

[1]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 9

This is a story format RPG, in which you create a character template and join up with other players on epic, possibly random, adventures

ok, this takes place 200 years after Book 3 Chapter 21 (duh!)

the world has been in chaos for the past 75 years, and 3 avatars have died in the past 200. New nations have arisen, old ones have split apart, and new weapons of war, never seen before, have been unleashed

Nations:

Fire:

Western Fire Nation: This is what's left of the original, ruled by the 82 year old Zuko II

Ember Kingdom: This nation formed at the start of the "new" war to try and seperate itself from outside affairs Sunlords: The ancient mayan like civilization grew into the new world, and are just as powerful as the western nation.

Southern Fire Nation: This nation split from the west when Zuko originally took charge, this is a republic with diplomatically selected leaders

The Legion: Controls most of the north of the islands, 1 thing, pure evil

Water:

Northern Kingdom: The entire north pole

Southern Tribe: The tipe of the south pole, ruled by democracy, since no nobility has existed since Aang's return 200 years ago

The Frozen South: This frozen wasteland is a safehaven for the criminal underworld Swamplands: although not a real nation, there are a few small town here now.

Earth: ok, there are alot of Earth nations, but the 2 major one's still exist in thier entirity

Omashu: even bigger than before, the city now covers 5 mountains

Ba Sing Sei: The walls have been rebuilt, 3 levels of steel plated armory, and a shockwave defence mechanism

Air: hmm... the air nomads... should they return... you decide

Lightning:

Maelstrom Castle: A huge floating castle!

Azula's Citadel: Azula escaped, and started a Totalitarianism nation with the last psychotic remnants of the Pheonix Kingdom... and they grew and built a huge citadel on a volcano top, and named it after their empress... any of them... because Azula was nuts, she made it so that the title of empress would be called Azula

Darkness: oh yes, who else to shift the balance of power

Necronus: capitol: necropolis: these mofos are tough... and scary

Light: the opposite of darkness... well almost

Order of the White Lotus: yes, they have a nation now... right in the center of everything, they excavated the library and made it thier capitol... which is only open to swarn members of the White Lotus

New technology... limitations

rule 1: no planes, well ok, biplanes only... look at rule 10

rule 2: no nukes... ever

rule 3: no computers... ever

rule 3 cont: no automated tracking devices, remotely detenated explossives, or anything else automated

rule 4: there will be no lasers, lightsabers, or energy weapons of any kind except perhaps, a beam of pure energy as an ultimate bending technique

rule 5: things that are extinct, stay extinct, we are not massing flying bisons or lion trutles or dinosaurs of any kind. Dragons... maybe... we'll see

rule 6: guns... yes, but no more advanced than smokeless gunpowder and gatling guns

rule 7: rockets are ago, but keep them non-space age... they should be more resemblent to fireworks

rule 8: all armored vehicles must have a reasonable explanation to how they work

rule 9: no cars, or anything close... keep it midevil

rule 10: despite all other rules, I'm going to allow the use of helicopters, but they do not have machineguns, and cannot fly around the world in 80 seconds, they must be constantly refueled (either with firepower, coal power, steam power, or air power, or lightning(bending only though)), they must be made of thin armor, and easily damaged (unless you have a reasonable exception)... and they are a brand new invention, and hard to get and hard to find someone who can build one.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

panthean

[2]Nov 24, 2008
    As you probably can tell this has been well thought out, I coppied that from an RPG i tried to start on another site... and to keep ideas seperate I'm going to type up my template in this new post

Name: Jaei Pend'ragon
    Age/Gender: 16.5/male
    Bending: a little bit of fire, and aiming to learn darkness
    (a quik note about multi-bending: you cannot start off as a master of more than 1, but can learn any of them in your quests, may not start with knowledge of more than 3)
    Weapons: none/skilled in unarmed combat
    Looks: Wears a black and red warrior's vest, and loose fit black pants. Has semi-short dark brown hair.
    Start location: in order to make things start fast, I would like everyone to start in either Ba Sing Sei, The Western Fire Nation's capitol city, or the North pole. Jaei will start in Ba Sing Sei.

kratosgod69

[3]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 11
    lol @ multi-bending and DARKNESS

I think this has potential; unfortunately, though, it's not specific enough. WUT DA HELL IS NECRONUS? MAELSTROM CASTLE?
    And its complexities are quite a bit HARROWING to the uninformed forum goer. Multi-bending's limits in itself seem far too vague and loose, allowing GOD-MODDING to nearly anybody.

panthean

[4]Nov 26, 2008
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    lol @ multi-bending and DARKNESS

I think this has potential; unfortunately, though, it's not specific enough. WUT DA HELL IS NECRONUS? MAELSTROM CASTLE?
    And its complexities are quite a bit HARROWING to the uninformed forum goer. Multi-bending's limits in itself seem far too vague and loose, allowing GOD-MODDING to nearly anybody.

by god-modding i do not mean you can control every aspect of another player's character

I mean things like... talking, and defending... multi-bending: you can start out as a master of a single element, you cannot start with more than 3 bending elements.

Dakrness... light... cloud... gravity... who cares... feel free to make up your own bending powers

Necronus is the nation of darkness

Maelstrom caslte is a huge floating castle out on the middle of the ocean, and is home to lightning benders

The whole point of this is to allow players to make up almost anything about the world... that's why it's 200 years later, so that the world can have changed enough for almost anything to be possible... Who is at war with who is not said, it will be decided as the game goes on, there is no known avatar, a player may eventually be revealed as the new avatar, or not. All possibilities have been oppened to allow freedom to the players, the freedom to shape the world to match thier own ideas.

kratosgod69

[5]Nov 26, 2008
    It's just that, in a text-based RPG, freedom is contradictory. It needs to be limited so that everybody gets an equal experience.
    If somebody else happens to be the Avatar, wouldn't they be much more powerful than everybody else? As such, the field wouldn't be even.

panthean

[6]Nov 26, 2008
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    It's just that, in a text-based RPG, freedom is contradictory. It needs to be limited so that everybody gets an equal experience.
    If somebody else happens to be the Avatar, wouldn't they be much more powerful than everybody else? As such, the field wouldn't be even.

Avatar in the series= master of all elements....

not unbeatable...

Azula killed Aang, Katara's spirit water from ... brought him back

which is why i've allowed multi-bending, some-one who is just really good at 1 or 2 elements can easily outmatch an Avatar that is still learning elements... it is limited, to creativity, those with an open mind, and who are creative will have much more powerful character. People who can't keep up and try to constantly limit people so that they can, will have a less enjoyable experience. Everyone has an equal opportunity to have a fun experience here... but just like any game, those who play more, and who are more accepting to the actions and abilities of others are better

libraman_92

[7]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 10
    could we not do this? if this RPG thing becomes a fad, the mods at TV.com will just delete it, as they did with the crusher clubs.

panthean

[8]Nov 27, 2008
    libraman_92 wrote:
    could we not do this? if this RPG thing becomes a fad, the mods at TV.com will just delete it, as they did with the crusher clubs.

... there are other RPG's and so what if they do, we will move to another site

Axrendale

[9]Nov 27, 2008

In principle, I'd agree with Libraman.

In practice, I shall be Azula Imperatrix II - the original Azula's descendant

libraman_92

[10]Nov 27, 2008

panthean

[11]Nov 27, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

kratosgod69

[12]Nov 28, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

lol Oedipus complex

libraman_92

[13]Nov 29, 2008
    fine then...I'll be in charge of Ba Sing Se

DemocracyDefend

[14]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 3

OKay

Name-Demoses Libertysal

Home:Southern Water tribe

Group of Soldiers Wolf Pack Soldiers

Bending-Normal Water Bending (Katara in S2)

Wepons Bolt Action Rifle (is that what you meant by smokeless gun powder Age:13

Edited on 11/29/2008 7:42pm
    Edited 2 total times.

[15]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 42

Name: Omi

Age/Gender: 14/male

Bending: Air (not mastered yet, wanting to learn the true power of light from a master in the fire nation)

Weapons: One long sword and 2 short metal pole type blades (very skilled but not fully mastered)

Looks: Wears a black warrior's vest, with long sleevs. Has short dark hair.

Start location: The starting area for Omi is in the Fire Nation because his parents where killed near the airtemple that he lived at so he ran away, and ended up in the fire nation looking for the true master of light.

COOL THREAD

Edited on 11/30/2008 3:08am

panthean

[16]Nov 30, 2008
    DemocracyDefend wrote:

OKay

Name-Demoses Libertysal

Home:Southern Water tribe

Group of Soldiers Wolf Pack Soldiers

Bending-Normal Water Bending (Katara in S2)

Wepons Bolt Action Rifle (is that what you meant by smokeless gun powder Age:13

for the record... smokeless gunpowder (obviously is gunpowder that doesn't form huge smoke clouds on combustion) was invented in 1884

since the first bolt-action was invented in 1827 your good to go

(source: wiki)

thanks for joining... I don't have time to start posting right now, but here's the rules on posting

you can post once every 12 hours... if everyone posts within the 12 hours than you can go again, otherwise you have to wait till they post, or until 12 hours are up

DemocracyDefend

[17]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 3
    Yeah I was talking about blot action rifles from WWI like the Mouser/Lee Enfield ect

panthean

[18]Nov 30, 2008
    DemocracyDefend wrote:
    Yeah I was talking about blot action rifles from WWI like the Mouser/Lee Enfield ect

designed in 1903...

get an earlier model, they still look sweet

panthean

[19]Nov 30, 2008
    Let chapter 1 begin (chapters will end evry week)

Jaei (pronounced Jay) into the town square of Ba Sing Sei. It was a normal day, people walked around in thier ussual busy attitude. He walked around for a while, trying to figure out where he needed to go next. He walked into a few different shops. After that he sat down at a near-by food stand, and bought a drink.

He watched and waited, soon some-one came up to one of the venders he had talked to. The vender pointed him out to the stranger, who then came walking up to him. He sat down at Jay's table.

"So," he said, "I hear your looking for some information on the fabled book"

"And," Jay replied, "who are you?"

"Pardon my intrusion, my name is Dr. Norman, I'm a researcher in mythical artifacts, and recent studies have indicated that the book may be real, might I inquire why it is you're interested?"

"You could just ask me, may I 'Inquire' why you want to know?"

"Well, you see, In myth there is a slight problem in uncovering the location of the book. It says that the last known location of the book was the Spirit Library. But it also says that Avatar Katari threw it into the Ember Island volcano in order to destroy it. I want to know if perhaps you have any information or theories that could help?"

"Well, the thing is, it's hard to track something that dissappeared almost 150 years ago. And I have recently found out that Avatar Katari destroyed the book almost 25 years before Avatar Kai locked it away in the Spirit Library. I don't think Katari destroyed it, I think that that's only what she told everyone, to give them peace of mind."

"Why though? sorry, go on"

"The book was written by Katari's and Kai's father... Jack, you know, the first dark-bender. And Jack dissappeared only recently, that;s how the book was found. Katari would have wanted to destroy the book, and the art of dark-bending forever. But despite her feelings, the book, in a way, was her last reminder of her father. She might have wanted to, but couldn't bring herself to do so."

"And so, the book magically gets into the hands of the Cult?"

"Yes, I don't know how, but it does... and when the Cult is finally defeated, it's too late, too many unknown people have already learned dark-bending. So Avatar Kai locks the book up in the spirit library, in case they would ever need to access it again, except to help fight the Dark-benders, rather than help them learn."

"Well, that's a problem, if it is in the Library, the gaurdian wouldn't admit it, nor would the order allow anyone to get near it."

"And here's where you might get alot of money..."

"What do mean by that?"

"If you can think of any reason to get the gaurdian and the order to reveal the book's existance, it would be worth everything to me, just for the chance to see it."

"I like your enthusiasm, but we'd have to prove ourselves first, if anything. And even then, we're going on a hunch."

The 2 left, headed towards the Spirit Library.