We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

New Avatar Comics from Nick Magazine to come [more than just silly side stories]

edmasterchaos

[1]May 13, 2009
    • level: 41
    Well, as most of you should know, there are some few comics of avatar that show up on Nick Magazine, most of the time just a silly side story, at one point between season 2 and 3 there were some that helped bridge the season 2 finale with the first episode of season 3.

That being said, there are new ones coming soon, and although they're likely again just side stories, some are actually quite epic, and people who were trusted with the comics decided to make a 'trailer' for it, here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cqdFcdaQOQ

So, support it by buying Nick Magazine =D
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

_Flutterlight_

[2]May 14, 2009
    • level: 15
    After that trailer... I might buy ten copies of that magazine.

Jackson5050

[3]May 14, 2009
    • level: 12
    The material appears to transpire after Sozin's Comet. I do not read Nick Magazine, but I will be tempted to purchase it to read the comics...or skim it at a newsstand.

MarryLarry

[4]May 14, 2009
    • level: 11

Jackson5050 wrote:
    The material appears to transpire after Sozin's Comet. I do not read Nick Magazine, but I will be tempted to purchase it to read the comics...or skim it at a newsstand.

They post all their stuff up on their website at Nick.com a few months after it's released.

Comics look good. I count 4 or 5 separate stories. I'm betting Zuko's pants fall down or something to that effect in that sword fight cause I doubt they'd show us him winning unless it's to mislead us.

gilvatar

[5]May 15, 2009
    • level: 17
    MarryLarry wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:

They post all their stuff up on their website at Nick.com a few months after it's released.

Comics look good. I count 4 or 5 separate stories. I'm betting Zuko's pants fall down or something to that effect in that sword fight cause I doubt they'd show us him winning unless it's to mislead us.

Unless they know we know they're misleading us...in which case, Zuko does win.

BwayJ

[6]May 16, 2009
    • level: 8
    Jackson5050 wrote:

It seems to me that the one with Toph and Bumi fighting is the only one that takes place after Sozin's Comet. The others look like they take place either somewhere during Season 2 or during the Gaang's time at the Western Air Temple.

MarryLarry

[7]May 16, 2009
    gilvatar wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:

Then why didn't they show the winner of the Toph & Bumi smackdown?

And I'm not saying Zuko doesn't win, just that his victory may come with a cost. Because NO1 shows the outcome of a fan anticipated fight in a trailer unless there's more than meets the eye.

gilvatar

[8]May 16, 2009
    • level: 17
    MarryLarry wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:

And I'm not saying Zuko doesn't win, just that his victory may come with a cost. Because NO1 shows the outcome of a fan anticipated fight in a trailer unless there's more than meets the eye.

ok I was just kidding.

_Flutterlight_

[9]May 17, 2009
    Does anybody know when the magazine's going to come out?

ZBishop26

[10]May 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    MarryLarry wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:

In Toph & Bumi's case it's highly anticpated to see who would come out on top... Zuko and Sokka on the other hand isn't really that anticipated, and it is highly lucky Zuko would win anyway.

MarryLarry

[11]May 17, 2009

^What?

Sokka & Zuko's fight has been talked about since Sokka got his sword and there has been much debate as to who would win.

Anywho, according to nickmags' livejournal account, the Toph and Bumi fight is out on stands now.

ZBishop26

[12]May 17, 2009
    MarryLarry wrote:

^What?

Sokka & Zuko's fight has been talked about since Sokka got his sword and there has been much debate as to who would win.

Anywho, according to nickmags' livejournal account, the Toph and Bumi fight is out on stands now.

I don't really remember the episode all to clearly, but Sokka had at most a week or two of training. Zuko's mastery with the two swords already shows that Zuko is the better skilled of the two.

Where in Toph & Bumi's case, it's two powerful earthbenders going toe-to-toe for the first time.

AllieAllie

[13]May 18, 2009
    • level: 22
    Will these comics be online too?

_Flutterlight_

[14]May 18, 2009
    AllieAllie wrote:

Somebody will upload them illegally for us, and then there'll be at least a two-day period before they get taken down.

That is, if everything goes the same way it did for the last nick mag.

edmasterchaos

[15]May 18, 2009
    • level: 41
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:
    Somebody will upload them illegally for us, and then there'll be at least a two-day period before they get taken down. That is, if everything goes the same way it did for the last nick mag.
    And, in a couple of months/weeks they'll be legally in Nick.com

AllieAllie

[16]May 19, 2009
    • level: 22

edmasterchaos wrote:
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:
    Somebody will upload them illegally for us, and then there'll be at least a two-day period before they get taken down. That is, if everything goes the same way it did for the last nick mag.
    And, in a couple of months/weeks they'll be legally in Nick.com

Cool. Someone will have to tell me when they put them up.

MarryLarry

[17]May 19, 2009
    ZBishop26 wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

^What?

I don't really remember the episode all to clearly, but Sokka had at most a week or two of training. Zuko's mastery with the two swords already shows that Zuko is the better skilled of the two. Where in Toph & Bumi's case, it's two powerful earthbenders going toe-to-toe for the first time.

That's your opinion but people still discussed it and as soon as one thread disappeared into the dark recesses of page 2, another would spawn to take it's place.

Ergo, it's a fan anticipated fight regardless of who you think might win. Hence, they would not show the whole outcome in a trailer. Therefore, they are misleading us.

Bam...The name's Larry.

ZBishop26

[18]May 20, 2009
    MarryLarry wrote:
    ZBishop26 wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

^What?

I don't really remember the episode all to clearly, but Sokka had at most a week or two of training. Zuko's mastery with the two swords already shows that Zuko is the better skilled of the two. Where in Toph & Bumi's case, it's two powerful earthbenders going toe-to-toe for the first time.

That's your opinion but people still discussed it and as soon as one thread disappeared into the dark recesses of page 2, another would spawn to take it's place.

Ergo, it's a fan anticipated fight regardless of who you think might win. Hence, they would not show the whole outcome in a trailer. Therefore, they are misleading us.

Bam...The name's Larry.

Touch??